MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Arena (Pro Palette Pan Refill)

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Arena (Pro Palette Pan Refill)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesMAC shadowsEye Shadow - Arena (Pro Palette Pan Refill)mac arena

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a masterpiece. Balanced sheen of pale (but not pastel) peach that makes the whites of the eyes look brighter by contrast. Looks good in so many combinations. I haven’t been able to find a soft peach colour quite this flattering and useful in any other line.

on 1/29/2019 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Arena. On my nw20 deep winter complexion, 3n hair, it is a fleshy peach satin. Nothing exciting, but just a pretty fleshy sheen. If you hate how other "wash" colors look too frosty, too white, too pink, too much, but want more than just a matte, try Arena. I love it with Saddle for an easy office type look. When I wear it with my bummy gym clothes, my eyes look great, but not done up and don't mismatch with the fact that I am in my bummy clothes. It is great no makeup, makeup. It is also a very red lip friendly shade.

I also have Grain. I love that too, but I feel Arena provides more color and sheen pay off (not frosty, but not flat). Actually, I will use Arena on the lid, Grain for the browbone and Saddle in the crease for an easy, clean, undetectable but defined eye. If I want to add a little more pop I can add Honey Lust to the lid.

I love this eyeshadow, it's one of my go-to products, especially in Summer. However, I was not very happy about paying €19 for an eyeshadow - especially when it would only cost me $19 to buy it in the USA. But it's very nice. It's like a bronzey, peachy, almost gold sort of colour. I usually wear this with Ricepaper on my lid, and I blend Arena into the crease. The packaging is nice, and makes a very satisfying "click" noise when it is closed. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product.

on 11/1/2014 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I picked this up to use as a transition/blending color for the MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot. It works very well for this purpose since it's ever-so-slightly darker and helps me blend out the edges of Rubenesque into the crease much faster and cleaner than I would be able to do with the Paint Pot itself. I also really like this in the crease with MAC Ricepaper on the center of the lid for a quick two-color look.

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can come off a bit redder than initially expected on pale skin

Love Love Love This. I use it basically everyday. I keep one in the house and one in my makeup bag I just love this color. I like neutral colors and go for a natural look and no matter what eye look I'm going for, arena always makes an appearance. It's soft and smooth and looks good on all day with or with out primer. No matter how you use this in your look its worth having.

on 1/17/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely color that suits lighter skin tones! it gives a bright irridescent glow!

on 8/29/2013 10:24:00 AM

Lovely colour for brown eyes. It looks really well with dark liquid eyeliner and peach lipstick. Natural and fresh.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Arena is a lovely soft peach colour with a hint of shimmer. It is lighter and less orange than Samoa Silk but the two get along pretty well. On my NW15 skin it provides a natural look that would be simply perfect if I didn't wear glasses. Sadly with specs it doesn't show as much more than a clean "no makeup" look, which I find boring. It is however still one of my favourite eyeshadows and I feel it brightens green eyes. It pairs well with other oranges, browns - particularly Mulch! - and even a few greens.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Nc30, warm olive skintone

"Arena" is a gorgeous, light peachy gold shade with a satin finish. This color Is perfect if I want just a wash of color on my lids with the perfect amount of shimmer. Consistency is smooth and pigmentation is awesome. Brightens up my eyes and i love wearing this color with bronze, gold, brown and copper shades. Def would repurchase this shade! :)

on 10/27/2012 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Arena is GORGEOUS, it has made my HG list. A warm, peachy apricot with a bit of sheen (satin formula). I wear it on my lid with cross cultural (a cool matte brown) or copperplate (a matte grey) in the crease. It's beautiful paired with copperplate. I'm NC25 with hazel eyes. I will repurchase when I run low (and I will hit pan since I use it so much). BONUS it makes an excellent peachy highlight for the cheeks.