Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Comfort Balm

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Comfort Balm

4.5

aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, cetyl alcohl, dimethicone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, peg-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, butyrospermum parkii, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, parfum

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

When I used to live in London, I would buy this over and over again. It moisturises perfectly, sinks in super fast (one of the fastest in moisturisers I've used), has a pleasant and mild scent that doesn't linger, a great price, and most importantly, is one of the few drugstore moisturisers out there that does not contain petroleum jelly/petrolatum/paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil. Seriously, that stuff clogs pores, makes moisturisers super thick and greasy and not easy to sink in, and generally just isn't very good for the skin but for some strange reason, is everywhere.

It can also be used on the face! It also absorbs very quickly and makes my skin soft in the morning. In the winter, I sometimes add in a drop of oil (argan, reshape, whatever takes my fancy) to give it an extra kick. I generally use it on my face on my lazy days or when I want something lighter.

Unfortunately, I now live in Singapore and it's nowhere to be found!! A good alternative is Aveeno Sheer Hydration but it's also more expensive. Really sad, I wish this was available everywhere.

on 4/9/2016 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

While my sensitive face didn't like it, I'll be damned if the rest of my body didn't love it! It soaks in very quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all after a couple of minutes. It makes my skin feel lovely and soft, although I wish it was a bit more emollient.

I wouldn't recommend putting it on your face, because it made mine red and irritated, but I would absolutely recommend it as a body lotion!

One small problem is that I don't like the jar packaging. I'd like it much more if it was in a pump or a squeeze tube. Jar packaging isn't exactly sanitary or hygenic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect for dry and sensitive skin. My face looooves it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Been loving this cream so far this winter! It absorbs well into skin, is light textured and very hydrating. Whilst I usually prefer fragrance free products, the scent of this is very subtle and I quite like it actually.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

amazing product for dry, sensitive skin. i have the type of skin that will break out at the touch of ANY new product, and i was having a flare up when i bought this and it seriously calmed, smoothed, moisturized, reduced fine lines... everything you can think of. and not ONE irritated pimple has popped up. i use a generous amount on my face and neck every morning and every night, it sinks right into the skin and never leaves a greasy or sticky feeling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Best product for my body I've ever had. Smells amazing, it's very light, but very moisturizing, it's not sticky and tacky. I love this balm!

on 4/28/2013 6:25:00 PM

I have this and its called comfort cream in Canada. Ive tried all kinds of moistuizers for my face, including my latest find cetaphil which i hated the waxy feel and pimples it left me with. Although this cream is meant for face and body i would prefer using it on my face as i suffer from dehydrated skin. I really havent used much or any neutrogena products in the past. Im not sure why, but when i came across this i had to try it. Its not expensive or fancy but i have to say this is great! it sinks right in no stinging no red face no pimples, just nice skin. will definately repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have insanely dry skin and this is the only stuff that moisturises it properly. When I used Nivea (and other brands) moisturiser I would frequently get break outs of eczema on my face, but since I started using it they've stopped which is just amazing! It gives my skin a healthy, glowing look and doesn't affect my make up. I think it's incredible value for money just because you get so much in a tub. I can't believe I used Nivea for so long!

Wow - this is an amazing product! I've only recently discovered this wonder cream / balm but already I can see that it will remain as a beauty staple for many years to come. I've recently started suffering from eczema on my toes (but wierdly not the rest of my feet) and this has soothed the itching more than any of the potions (including some very strong steroid cream) that I've got from the doctors.

I also like to use it as a more general body moisturiser (fab on knees and elbows) as it sinks in quickly, and doesn't make my skin sticky, which is a pain when getting dressed. I also use it as a night cream on my face, it sinks in super fast - no residue on pillowcases! and I wake up with lovely soft skin. it would probably also be good during the day, however I prefer to use a product with an spf as a day cream.

The big bonus though is the price - 5 from my local Boots or Superdrug

I love, love, love this product! Actually I found out about it because my grandma loves to use this stuff- Before i hadn't really used it that often, but these few months in UK have been extremely cold making my skin dry, so thought I might give this stuff a try- and it was so amazing! In fact, my face has been extremely dry as well (mainly due to dehydration etc) and flakey around the nose (as I have a cold -_- so feeling like rudolph at the mo) so I thought I might use this as a face moisturiser (it says on the tub that you can apply it on the face as well) and in two days, my face is feeling extremely soft and not so flakey- but it does sting a tad bit on my nose (which might be expected anyway since I've got a flu and all).

Overall, I definitely recommend this product- I use it on my face at night as a rehydration kind of mask, and its super amazing.

Popular Lotions / Creams