LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask
image 1image 2image 3

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This mask feels like a really great detox for my skin... Whether it be a week of bad eating, stress acne, or getting lazy about sleeping in makeup, this mask restarts your skin and leaves it feeling bright and clean. This is slightly drying on my sensitive dry skin, but I just use a moisturizer afterwards and I'm fine. I'd also like to note that my skin does go through a bit of a "purging" period while on this - the first two or three uses after using it every other day gives me a few inflamed whiteheads. But after continuous use, my skin always heals and looks better than it did before. For the price, I only buy it when I really need to, but it's one of my favorite Lush products!

on 3/4/2016 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite masks from LUSH. Although I do have dry skin it gets clogged and needs a good scrubbing once in a while. I tend to use this more in the summer time. The only down side to this product is it's short shelf life, I could get away with using this once a week but with the expiration date being what it is I should use it more often if I want to get my moneys worth.

To Read all 227 Reviews, Login or Join

Wow, that warm tingly feeling takes some mind over matter! It's a bit burny but it subsides and doesn't actually seem to visibly irritate my skin. The smell is something else, too. I kind of like it but it drives my fiance nuts.

After using it I like to wet my hands and rub in circles to exfoliate, it it fabulous. The blackheads just slip away and are lighter afterwards. It also helps with blemishes and pore size and the effect lasts a while. All around wonderful effect.

Still, I probably wouldn't repurchase for regular use since it's so exfoliating and I have other stuff for that. Maaaaybe once in a while.

on 11/27/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After trying 5-6 different LUSH face masks, this one is definitely my favorite. It is a bit hard to spread straight out of the fridge, so I warm it up in my hands before putting it on. It hardens up in around 15 minutes- once it does, I spray it with the Breath of Fresh Air toner (any refreshing mist will do) to re-hydrate it and leave it on for another 15 minutes while it hardens up again. It feels very fresh and cooling on the skin and the scent is pleasant and relaxing, like being at a spa. When I rinse the mask off, my skin is so bright and smooth. I have pretty big pores and texture on my forehead and cheeks, all of which are refined when I use this. I also massage the mask into my skin when I remove it, and the almond shells in it help to gently exfoliate. The best thing is that it doesn't dry my skin out, which happens a lot with these thicker masks. The perfect thing for dull, tired skin in need of a pick-me-up!

on 10/11/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I found this mask to brighten my skin after each use. I used it for a few weeks, it did get dry at the end and I didn't care for the crumbly texture -- but i'm sure if I added some water or oil -- it would spring back to life. It lightly exfoliates and tightens and right after washing off -- my skin looks clean and bright. I like to followo this with a vitamin C serum to continue the brightening effect.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first lush product so I was very excited to use it! In the store they tell you that you could only get 4-5 uses out of it but I have gotten 6 plus uses out of it and still have half leftover. Also the myth that this stuff expires is not true at all! I bought this mask early august and it said it would expire late august. That is honestly not the case. My face mask still works the same as it did the first day I used it. The thing I don't really like about it is that I don't see any changes in my skin. But it is nice to pamper yourself with.

on 8/20/2015 10:40:00 PM

This face mask is amazing. I felt like I had new skin after I used it. It smells amazing and has a lovely consistency and texture. It applies easily and when I washed it off I scrubbed my face with it to exfoliate. I did not notice any redness or irritation or breakouts from this product. I have used a couple other face masks from other brands but this one it my favourite. I plan on trying other Lush face masks after using this one. I love that it is made with fresh ingredients and that it has to be stored in the fridge. I do wish that it lasted longer than a few weeks, but then again I used it up easily before the expiration date.

on 8/4/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I slept about three hours the other night but luckily I came across a LUSH store today! I immediately bought brazened honey since I know this helps with tired looking skin (and oh boy, tired looking it did), and slathered it on as soon as I got home. I kind of liked te smell and it was easy to spread. At first there was a tingling-burning sensation which was slightly unpleasant bit this went away in about 3 minutes. I found this being a little too abrasive, so I mostly took it off with cotton pads. And yes, my skin did look healthier and more even! A pimple on my forehead did unfortunately look more noticeable, but maybe this is just something coming to the surface? Since this is my first use, I will be back later to give a better opinion but this was kinda my first impression :)

on 7/16/2015 9:27:00 PM

This brazened honey mask is awesome!! Impulse buy while stocking up on my favorite (discontinued of course) flying fox shower gel. This mask is supposed to "awaken" ... Whatever that means... It has ginger in it which you can feel- it slowly gets warmer the longer it sits on my skin. There's so much in the jar I'm not sure I'll use it all before it expires (not that I pay attention to exp. dates) good deal, I think I paid $7. No break outs ... My skin really is smoother & nicer after using. Gonna repurchase after I try some other Lush masks!

on 7/16/2015 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I actually got this face mask after taking in 5 empty black pots to my local Lush - they'll give you a pot of mask for free! I got a 75g pot in return, which at first I thought was a little bit small, but it's nearly the expiry date and I haven't used it up (so it's quite a good size really!). I wouldn't say that this mask is my HG but it is good - it's full of lovely things which seem to make my very dry skin nice for a while after I take it off. I can't say it's improved my little forehead pimples or made my skin glowing and beautiful though. I would repurchase but only as a really special treat for myself.

Popular Masks