La Prairie Cellular Eye Contour Cream

La Prairie Cellular Eye Contour Cream
Cellular Eye Contour CreamLP Cellular Eye Countour CreamLP Cellular Eye Countour Cream

3.6

Ingredients: Water, C12-C20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Acetylated Lanolin, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Carbomer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Phosphate, Triethanolamine, Perforatum Hypericum Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Glycerin, Urea, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Magnesium Aspartate, Glycine, Alanine, Creatine, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amy Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/26/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Such a disappointment and so much $$$ put down the drain.
Just a short background to explain what works for my skin and what my expectations are:
I have combination skin, mildly sensitive. I have tingling or burning sensations immediately when I try something that does not please my skin. My skin reacts well to creams with no perfumes and lack of chemicals such as parabens. I still have no wrinkles but I am prone to "sagging". This is why I have visible eye bags, not very dark though, the eye skin is somewhat dry and quite thin. Also, I do not believe nor expect miracles in face creams. I am looking for a nourishing, non-sticky and moisturizing / fresh feeling on my skin. If the product is right, I don't care of the price.
However, La Prairie line in general does not work for me at all. This is the first time I purchased it based on good reviews and recommendation of the person, with a very sensitive skin and always had great results with Cellular Contour Cream. For me, this eye cream works, smells and feels almost the same as Nivea. My eyes are a bit more puffed and it bothers my eyes when I put it before the sleep (provides tears).
I also got samples for two additional La Prairie eye creams:
1) La Prairie Radiance Radiance eye cream and
2) La Prairie Anti-Aging Eye And Lip Contour Cream.
The first one I had to wash out an 1 hour after I put it on. It was burning my eyes and will not try it again. The second one is a bit gentler than the first but still bothering my eyes.
All in all, I found La Prairie being the label I will never reconsider. It is just not working with my skin well. I had much better results with eye creams from other brands: Elizabeth Arden (Visible Difference), Kiehl's, L'Occitane (Imortelle), Swisso Logical, even Vichy. Not to mention that all of them are 2-4x less expensive.
PS Just to confirm I bought the original product in a licensed and well known cosmetic store (not on line by some suspicious or unknown seller).

on 8/24/2016 7:01:00 PM

A classic but amazing formula!
I fell in love (literally) when I first met this beauty back in 1999! The Eye Creme is from 1978 and although the formula was adjusted somewhere in the 80s (for the better), it is a very simple and classic formula compared to today's products.
It provides a cushiony feeling at application (which is exceptionally nice) and settles quickly into place where it stays throughout the day or night. It will leave a thin but perceptible protective layer around the eye area skin that will shield this delicate skin against environmental aggressors and will provide hydration throughout the day and night. The skin is visibly plumper and healthier looking.

What this product has (and newer formulas will not have because of the sheer cost of the raw-materials) is that it is based on a skin bio-compatible emulsifier (C12-C20 Acid PEG-8 Ester) that is proven to be able to strengthen the lipid-barrier! This is far from a new ingredient, on the contrary, it was already available for the pharmaceutical industry back in 1959. But it is an exceptionally mild vegetable emulsifier that also acts as an emollient and can provide time-releasing of water and other water-soluble ingredients. That will make the true hydrating power of a product ten -maybe hundred- fold!

The Eye cream also contains a tiny amount of Shea Butter and Lanolin along with hypoallergenic Hydrogenated Polyisobutene and Petrolatum to provide additional moisture. There is the "patented cellular complex" and some actives that suppose to provide hydration.
There is one more emulsifier that will stabilize the formula: Cetyl Phosphate. This is also identical with the skin hence making this product truly an exceptionally mild yet effective moisturizer for the eye area. (Can also be used on the entire face, though the costs would be astronomical!)
(Wish La Prairie still made the Cellular Day Cream, that is basically the same formula as the Eye cream in a lighter edition.)

All this being said, the price is outrageous and unjustifiable (even though the bio-compatible emulsifier also astronomically priced).

(Note that the ingredients list on the packaging can alter from the one published here. La Prairie (as many other cosmetic companies) is in the process of out-phasing parabens.)

To Read all 146 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/8/2016 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This eye cream is very expensive but after trying so many eye creams and being disappointed I said what the hec and bought it. This eye cream is amazing! I have sensitive eye area and it does not burn now does it give me those white bumps. I really wish I had started using this sooner because my eyes would be perfect but its getting there now that I'm using this cream. My lines are dimensioning, the puffiness isn't as bad as before, and my eye area looks rested even if I didn't get much sleep. It's not a miracle cream which means it's not to undo a lot of damage like bags but it will make your eye area look as best as it can and it wears well under concealer/makeup. I'm so happy I've finally found a great eye cream.

on 1/22/2015 12:56:00 PM

This is the eye cream that i have been using since i was 25, in between i tried others (la mer, skin caviar eye cream, shiseido) but none of them treats the eye area like this one. My eye area is very sensitive and i never had any problems with this (it was burning a bit when i was using the caviar eye). I have been using this for more than a decade and i dont have any lines around my eyes. It is super moisturizing and corrective. I just love it!

It hydrates well better than SK2 eye cream !

on 12/2/2013 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I think this is a solid eye creme for those getting their feet wet with La Prairie. Since it's on the lower end of their price spectrum, I didn't expect much initially. I was pleasantly surprised that it kept my eye area hydrated all day long. This also makes it an excellent night Eye cream, since it maintains moisture which prevents wrinkles. I've since moved on to their Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream, which is a more intensive treatment…and more expensive.

I think this Contour Cream is fantastic for women in their 20s and early 30s. Now that I'm north of 35, I've stepped up my game. But I wish I'd used this cream in my 20s. Fantastic.

This gave me a nasty case of allergic contact dermatitis - the first time I've ever had a reaction like it. Took a couple of days and a serious dose of oral steroids for my eyes and surrounding areas to depuff enough to see. Baaaaaaaaaaad. You may not have a reaction like this, but I did. I can't find the ingredient list online: it was a sample. If anyone has had a similar reaction and knows the ingredient responsible, please post it!

on 4/23/2013 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

wanted to love it as it was expensive and i like other la prairie products but unfortunately it was a total waste of money as i bought it twice (for some reason i tried to convince myself that it will work)!
really oily and sticky and made my fine lines worse.
Purchased it when i saw my first fine lines and thought that if i invest in a high end product (was using biotherm eye creams fro prevention since i was 23) it will erase or even maintain what i was seeing but it actually made my eye area worse.
also hate the packaging, have to dip into the little jar. I know i know they provide you with a little spatula but lets be honest it gets lost easily and if not lost we usually put our fingers in jar products.
If buying from iherb for the first time feel free to use my discount code EHU742 for a $5 discount up to $40 worth of purchases and $10 discount for over $40.

on 4/21/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. And I have NEVER written a review before but I so fear that this product will be discontinued that I am compelled to write one!
I have combo/oily skin so have been lucky in terms of wrinkles but my eye area is one part of my face where I first noticed - gah! - wrinkles. I noticed a change within the first week of using this product, and have been using it now for nearly 2 years. My under eye lines are significantly less, and my skin just feels less dry. I attempted the same product with SPF but it did not work for me, it sat on top of my skin and looked greasy. So I went back to this, and will continue using it till the end of days! it is relatively expensive, but definitely worth the investment. Mine lasts around 6 months with morning and evening application, just a dab under the eyes to the top of the cheekbones (do not neglect this part of the face!) and around the sides of the eyes. This product may not be for everyone, but it's one of the few products I am loyal to.

on 12/13/2012 2:43:00 AM

Tenía muchas espectativas en este contorno.La verdad es que hidrata la zona, y eso que yo tengo el contorno especialmente seco.Pero es demasiado poco para mi..tal vez ya he pasado el ecuador de previnir y tengo que empezar a curar.Así que creo que si quieres tratar las arrugas, ya hay que pasarse a la gama superior .Pero sigo pensando que hace un par de años, este contorno habría sido mi favorito sin duda.