Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask

Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask

Water (Aqua), Glycereth-7, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract Rubus Villosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Papain, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethanolamine

on 5/22/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

TL;DR version: nice little hydrating and brightening boost, pretty gentle.

I buy masks for fun because I enjoy using them on the weekend and seeing instant (albeit temporary) effects, but I generally don't consider them an essential part of my skincare routine or use any particular mask on a regular basis. This product has changed all of that--used 3x a week, it provides gentle exfoliation (nothing too dramatic, just enough to give you a little extra glow) and helps keep my skin happy and hydrated. It's not OMG life changing, but adding this to my routine resulted in my skin looking like the healthiest, best version of itself. Because of that, I can skip harsher products (like acid toners/serums), which I'm especially grateful for as summer rolls around and I worry about increased photosensitivity, and use lighter moisturizer options, which play better with my favorite sunscreen (Supergoop! City Serum SS).

Some miscellaneous thoughts: I smooth on a thick layer and leave it on for 20 minutes. It doesn't drip at all, so I can walk around and do whatever during that time. It's pretty sticky after 20 minutes, so removing it does take a bit longer than you might expect. It has a noticeable lavender fragrance, which made me very nervous as my skin is sensitive and redness-prone; however, I've noticed no irritation from using this. I follow up with my usual layers of hydrating and moisturizing products and wake up with soft, plump, radiant skin. I don't think this is a silver bullet and you shouldn't expect it to works miracles on its own, but I definitely recommend it.

on 3/30/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

not as moisturizing as i had hoped it'd be. leaves my face kind of cold, which is refreshing, but honestly doesn't seem to do much.

on 10/5/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing enzyme gel mask with lavander, papaya enzyme, blueberries and blackberries. It polsihes the skin gently and leaves skin very smooth.
This mask can be applied on neck and under eyes, as well. Leave on for 20 min and rinse off. Suggested to use once or twice a week. I personally did not notice much of a difference so only 3 lippies.

I'm so sad to say this, because of the insanely high price, but this product WORKS!
In its defense, I think the jar will last quite a while, because I only use it once/week (maybe I should up my usage to twice), and it only takes a small amount of gel to cover the whole face.

I like everything about it: the jar packaging (so easy to scoop the product out, and it will be easy to use the very last traces of the mask), the clear gel, the sensation after I apply it, and the lavender scent.

I use it once a week after cleaning and drying my face, and I leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
It doesn't sting, it doesn't tingle, I only feel a cool sensation, but that subsides too the longer I have the mask on.

It's not the type of mask that dries, so after the time is up, I rinse it off with warm water. It is a bit hard to wash, as the gel feels thick and sticky, so I like to use my Clarisonic Mia after I massage some water into the mask. After, I like to finish with a very gentle face wash, because I don't feel comfortable leaving traces of the mask on. I follow with a moisturizer.

My face doesn't look any different the day of, so in the beginning I thought the mask was useless. But, come the second and third days, wow! My skin looks so even and poreless, and it's balanced (I'm usually oily dehydrated). The effect doesn't last longer than 2-3 days, so that's why I think I'll try using it twice a week instead of once, to keep the nice look going.

It doesn't clog my pores, make me break out, or make me oilier. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

So as expensive as it is, I will repurchase, because I can really see an effect from it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

WOW...... just wow!
I have been using this mask three times now, and the effect is absolutely stunning! It has already changed my skins structure into the skin I've always wanted! I'm normally very critical about these high street brands, but this mask really does live up to everything it claims to do!
The only down thing about it, is that it is a little difficult to wash off, but who cares when the mask is so wonderful!
It's a little pricey, but totally worth it!
TRY IT OUT!! your skin will glow! :-)

This is a great, great product.

I tend to have oily skin, and suffer breakouts quite regularly (I'm in my early thirties!) and my pores are also quite large. I bought this mask a few weeks ago and have been using it twice a week since and I've noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. It's a lot clearer, my pores have shrunk and my skin is absolutely brighter! I've read to leave it on for 10 min but like some others I leave it on for 20 and it works a treat.

Would I buy this again? YES YES YES.

on 3/7/2012 11:13:00 AM

My skin is looking brighter ever since I started using this mask. Easy to apply, just wash off with warm or cool water. It leaves my skin hydrated and exfoliated. I try to use this once or twice a week. Was recommended to me as a good mask for sensitive and dry skin. I purchased from Sephora.

on 4/28/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing nourishing you will glow ---this is my preparty/mask -it nevers fails me -skin very smooth after rinse off-I leave on full 20 min -does tingle A LOT at first few min but cools down feels cooling after few min- I have been using 2 years now -repurchased dozen plus times

on 4/20/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently got into Ole Henricks' products and so far I am impressed with the items that I've tried. This mask is amazing, it hydrates my skin and gives my skin a dewy finish at the end. I use it twice a week and I am amazed and happy with the results everytime. I would highly recommend this product and will definitely buy this again.

on 7/26/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Aaaamazing!! It soothes (even though the first couple of minutes tingle a bit), hydrates and it leaves my skin so smooth and even... HG material - that's for sure!