4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

I have bought this trio over and over again but I really only use the darkest shade. It’s very pigmented and I use it with a wet brush for the perfect eyeliner that lasts forever and doesn’t bother my contact lenses. Sometimes in a pinch I will use the medium shade in the crease.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

I'm surprised by the amount of positive reviews this eyeshadow has. This eyeshadow is so chalky and it's really not pigmented at all. This eyeshadow blends horribly. The pigmentation is actually pretty good when you're swatching it, but once you start blending it out on your eyes, you would look like a zombie. The darkest shade in this trio looked very shimmery, but its actually really glittery. The formula of this is pretty awful. None of the powder products in the Annabelle line has been good for me except for their blush. I would definitely recommend their blush but not their eyeshadow trio.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

I read the reviews and picked up mine shortly after. I needed everyday/neutral colors. I loved it. I'm not using primer on my lids and it stayed all day long. It is highly pigmented, doesn't flake or smudge and the colors are soft and nice. You can also create a very nice smokey eye with the darker shade. I REALLY love it!

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I have very fair skin, with a cool undertone and brown eyes. This set of colours together is just wonderful on and has the greatest colour payoff, and not just for department store! This set beats a lot of my other brands like MAC and others from Sephora. I paid about $12 Canadian for it from Shoppers and i'm very glad i did.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Everyday when I log on, I always see this on the side bar.. taunting me each time as if it was a sign for me to go buy it. I've read the reviews, time and time again, and I'd always bring myself not to try because I'm not a brown/neutral eyeshadow wearer. I love me some dramatic dark eyeshadow but realize i can't wear super dark eyeshadow everyday and it gets boring and I needed something to wear that is casual. This trio may look like a night time wear but to me this is a day time wear and it's absolutely stunning. The dark gold glitter deep brown is my favorite and dramatic enough to be casual for me. My least favorite would have to be the lightest color because the color doesn't suit me, looks ashy/chalky on my skin and is too dark to be a highlighter. The packaging is simple and easy to open (thank heaven for my nails.) The colors are super blendable, smooth and not super pigmented but pigmented enough. So my only gripe is that the lightest color should've been a highlighting shade for the brow bone, tear duct, cupids bow etc.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

Dirt Cheap, pigmented, smooth. The lightest matte color is great for an all over wash, and the very dark brown is nice for the crease and lining when used wet. Not a big fan of the upper left shade though, it has chunks of gold glitter in it :$ Canadian Belles, head to your nearest Superstore/Rexall/Loblwas/etc. and pick this up! Also try Annabelle's BB Cream. It's really nice :)

About reviewer (33 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

7 years ago

I'm a little surprised at the rave reviews for this trio, which IMHO is completely nothing special, and I'm a neutral-lover. First, the trio pictured is not Haute Chcolate. The 3 shades in the HC trio are all cool-toned browns, 2 mattes and one with perceptible glitter. The lightest shade is a pretty matte, pale mocha/taupe, too dark to be a highlight shade on my NC/NW 20-ish skin tone but workable as an allover lid shade. Annabelle makes a good single shadow close to this colour. The medium shade is a dark, matte chalky taupe-brown, and the darkest one is a sparkly, dark chocolate colour, again not the smoothest formulation. I have several shadow formulations, both drugstore and high end that blend far better. On my colouring--dark brown eyes, brunette, light, neutral-warm skin tone--they're not particularly flattering, plus I'd still need to add a highlight shade or something to lighten this up and keep it from looking muddy. They might work better on someone else, for me they're unremarkable in every way. I think it's worth sharing this in case someone with my colouring is wishing they could get their hands on these. Far better are the Annabelle eyeliners, which I love--particularly the Smoothliner in Bronze and Smudgeliner in Purple Storm.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Got to jump on the bandwagon! I received this in a swap and couldn't be happier! It deserves all the raves it's gotten. Smooth, silky, highly pigmented and the colors are so gorgeous! If you live where this is available, and you like the colors, don't hesitate to pick this up. It's one of the best eyesahdow formulations I've ever tried. And the staying power is awesome. Fabulous little trio!

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

I noticed this was the highest rated eyeshadow. I had read the reviews a few weeks ago and almost bought it but thought it looked too much like several other brown, cream and taupe palettes I had. But, today I felt in the mood for something new to make me feel better after buying that disappointing L'oreal coral eyeshadow. Well, I am in love with this! It goes on like a dream, it has highly pigmented brown and taupe shades that make contouring a breeze. Now I look fabulous again. Thanks, reviewers. Update Jan 25/16: Obviously I overrated this product at the time. It seemed the best thing in the world a few years ago but browns and taupes do not suit me anymore. I stopped using it long ago. It is good for what it is, if those colours suit you.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I rarely use this as eyeshadow, but on my eyebrows as well as for contouring. I blend the two non-sparkly browns to fill in my brows or contour the sides of my nose. I bought this years ago and there's still lots of product left today so it's well worth the price.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29