no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I bought lotions in this scent and Passionberry and Coconut off an Ebay seller a few months ago, jumping at the chance to do so when I saw BBW lotions from aeons ago going for just a few Australian dollars. Summer Fruit and Jasmine was a 2005 release, falling in the category of seasonal exotic scents BBW periodically releases. To my nose, this is more floral than fruit, not something I'm particularly ecstatic about as I loathe heavy florals with a passion. Upon first application, the scent is enough to gag a maggot: a nauseatingly pungent aroma of rotting flowers, spoiled fruit and mildew. But after the first five excruciating minutes, the scent morphs into a beautiful combination of fresh guavas, dewy jasmines and just a kiss of musk. Just gorgeous! The resultant scent makes those initial moments of nausea almost worth it. Unlike most other BBW lotions I've tried, this one tends to be a little more greasy than its counterparts. It's adequately moisturizing for my normal-dry skin, and leaves me feeling soft and smooth all over. Plus points for the handy pump dispenser too! I wish more BBW lotions came packaged this way. On the whole, though this was a nice enough lotion, it's been discontinued for several years now, and even if it were still available, I'd pass on a repurchase. I do however recommend you give it a try though if you happen to stumble upon Summer Fruit and Jasmine online. This is definitely one of those scents under the hit-or-miss category and if you're a floral lover, this is bound to be more hit than miss.

About reviewer (364 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

15 years ago

If you like the Bath and Body Works Henri Bendel Pomegrante candle scent you will love this lotion. Smells VERY similar. Love this product. Bought it on a bargain table for $2.75. Can't beat that!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

16 years ago

This new scent from BBW is great! I bought all three of the new BBW summer scents because I loved them all so much. My favorite is passionberry and coconut, and my least favorite is citrus lily, but I still love the latter; it's just a little more "been done" than the other two scents. Summer fruit and jasmine is a perfect floral and fruit blend. I can't even describe it that well, it just smells awesome. I love the packaging of these lotions, with a cool little retro flower and a pump bottle, which is so much better than a flip top or squeeze tube IMO. I'm sure these will be discontinued because they are summer scents, so go stock up!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

16 years ago

Mmmm! I love the smell of this! However, I don't like the packaging... pumps can cause lotion to leak. That won't stop me from repurchasing. This smells so fresh, light and summery. This was my favorite of the three new summer scents.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

from

16 years ago

I own all 3 new summer scent collections (Shower gel, lotion and splash) from Bath and Body Works, and this is my favorite. Smells almost identical to Grapefruit Jasmine from summer 2003. Love the "Pucci esque" bottles, very NOW!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

from

16 years ago

One of the three new summer scents from BBW. This is my "middle pick" - not my favorite and not my least favorite of the three. Summer fruit & jasmine has a delicious, sweet but also "refreshing" scent - almost a very slight hint of melon. The fruity scent predominates the floral/jasmine. Scent description from the bottle: "Reminiscent of a warm summer evening, this scent is a vibrant blend of grapefruit, jasmine and guava". Nice texture and the scent lasts longer than some other BBW lotions. Comes in a pump bottle. $9 for 8 oz.

About reviewer (212 reviews)

Age36-43