The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz

The Body Shop Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/27/2016 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am 32, incredibly oily and acne prone and live in Thailand. This spray is the best thing that has landed in my hands. People are seriously telling me that I look so young and that my skin looks amazing. And it does! I spray this thing on 4 or 5 times a day and its the only skin care I apply other than a face wash. I don't use make-up so sometimes it's just warm water and tons of this. I'm buying it for ever! What a change it has made!

on 3/17/2016 8:38:00 PM

I’m not sure why I bought this.

I use Avene mineral spray and I love it but wanted to have a spritzer at my desk to keep my skin hydrated in the dry office environment. Didn’t want the giant can and the smaller cans always malfunction for me and Avene wasn’t on sale (regular $18 or so for a large bottle).

I went to the BS to grab the Vit E spritzer but ended up with the Vit C one because I thought it would be better for me based on the SA (I didn’t try it in the store). It wasn’t until I got to the office with it and tried it did I realize I paid more for this puny 3.3 oz bottle ($20!) than I would have for a full size can of Avene which lasts me for months.

I’m not very impressed with the spray. It’s ok, smell-wise it’s not amazing and I don’t love the way my skin looks after (rough and kind of greasy) and my skin feels tight and dry. I’m going to take it back and maybe try the Vit E one just to try, or get a body butter. I use NYX Matte Finishing spray to set my make up and it works great, so I don’t need this spray for that purpose. I wanted a refreshing hydrating, calming treatment but this is making my skin feel tough and cracked. Avene would have given me what I prefer, so I’m now thinking it’s NOT so pricey at $18!

Update: I exchanged for the Vitamin E spritzer and I like it much better. Still too expensive but I got a discount of $10 for my birthday.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/27/2015 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this face spritz!! It smells nice and makes skin look so nice & dewy. I gave it to my husband when he complained of dry skin, and it provided him instant relief. It does sting/itch a little when you first put it on but when it dries, its fine. Gives your skin a healthy glow.

on 5/24/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nearly finished with my bottle and just bought another so I thought I should write a review. Let me preface by saying I have extremely dry, flaky skin. I also have trouble with skin disocloration, so I need a heavier coverage foundation. Due to the flaky skin I find powder foundation works best, but of course I'm left with a dry, powdery finish. This stuff is magic for me. It somehow sets the makeup perfectly, gives me a slightly glowy finish, and keeps my makeup in place. It smells great and feels nice when you spray it on. It does spray quite a bit out at once so I hold it a distance from my face. But it dries quickly and leaves me with beautiful skin, no makeup-y look. I have tried caudalie and other setting sprays, and this is the only one that actually works for me, and that I use every day.

on 5/10/2014 10:23:00 PM

I adore the smell of this, however I don't feel it has benefited, or caused any ill effect on my skin. It does feel refreshing when it is hot, however I believe a spritz of water would feel refreshing under such circumstances as well.

on 3/24/2014 10:26:00 PM

This is a nice face spritz, I am using it as a night treatment not a toner

on 3/14/2014 11:38:00 PM

i usually use this before bedtime, when i wake up my skin look more even and hydrated as well but idk why it makes my face itchy

on 12/12/2013 10:18:00 PM

I don't think this product does anything for your skin, except make it extremely wet at first - what an awful spray mechanism - and then leave a slightly tacky feeling. I cannot imagine spraying this on my skin after applying make-up as a setting spray because one pump of the spray spits out so much liquid, it drenches my skin. I will have streaks of make-up running down my face. If anyone else has the same problem as me, I suggest using this as toner by spraying it onto a cotton pad and wiping it over you skin. Not buying this again. In fact not going to buy into facial sprays hype again - I have another by Caudalie that I am trying to "use up." And fresh scent? What fresh scent?

on 10/17/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this facial spray. I use after I put on my foundation for a burst of moisture and it really does leave a sort of radiance to your skin. I also use any time of the day when I feel like refreshing my skin. I have tried the Caudalie spray, Dermalogica, Jane Iredale, and urban decay setting sprays original and chill and I think I prefer this because of how long it leaves your skin moisturized and looking fresh compared to the others.

on 4/18/2013 6:55:00 AM

I like it because it creates a glowy,healthy looks on the skin after each spray. It refreshes the skin. But too much spraying can cause an oily looking skin,like it is going to melt down. Quite an OK product though.and I wouldn't mind to buy it again.