Henri Bendel Home - Firewood

No Image

4.7

This is similar to Amber in the way that it's very calming. It would be a great gift for a male, and is not too overpowering. I really like this one, it's my second favorite in the Bendel line!

on 12/5/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I adore this candle. It has such a gorgeous deep, smoky scent that I find so calming and warm. Its deep, dry wood but at the same time has the scent of hot skin and closeness. I echo other reviewers take on it having a scent reminiscent of a man, it does smell like the aura of a man; an aftershave, some sort of cologne splash, a whiff of something smoky wafting from the back of the neck. Downright sexy. The smell is woody, I get mostly cedar, and vetiver. The dryness of cedar mixed with the soapiness of the vetiver make this feel like being under a wool blanket by the fire all clean and dry. Having this type of scent amplified by a flame makes it even better. on a cold winters night there's nothing cosier.

on 10/13/2009 2:24:00 AM

I love Henri Bendel Candles, this is the second one I've purchased. I would agree that this candle does not smell like fire wood but that's ok because it smells like a SEXY MAN!!! The candle burns very well, you pay more than you usually would for a candle but you get a beautiful candle that will burn evenly for hours and hours. Highly recommended!!!

The other scent I purchased is Vanilla Bean, this scent is also lovely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My god this scent is beautiful, I love dark woodsy scents. I almost didn't buy this because I didn't feel like paying $26.00 for a candle, but I loved the scent so much I just had to get it. They scent is quite masculine, with this particular candle I have a hard time identifying the separate scents. I'm pretty sure there's some leather, it's just got such a nice smokey smell. If you're even remotely hesitant about buying this candle, don't be.

on 12/4/2007 6:28:00 PM

Even my husband will like this scent. These Henri Bendel scents are so addictive -- I have grapefruit and citrus blossom and can't get enough of them. I keep an unlit one on my night table -- maybe I'll put it under my pillow. I love, love, love citrus scents. I am disappointed that the B&B store here seldom has a varied selection but there are plenty for sale on ebay.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

My review is not for the candle...It's for the plug-in (Scentport). I was a bit skeptical about buying this scent because although I like the smell of firewood on a cool, Autumn night, I wasn't too crazy about having my home smell like it. Anyway, this is my absolute FAVORITE Scentport fragrance. It's slightly smokey (in a good way), masculine and clean with a touch of leather. I can't get enough! I have it in my 1st floor bathroom and the scent nicely fills that whole area leading into the kitchen. My guests are constantly complimenting the warm, comforting aroma. I highly recommend this scent for fall/winter.

This is my favorite candle for autumn- smoky, woodsy, dark. Very masculine, but GOOD....and it has great throw! I didn't even burn it at first, b/c when I took the little cover I had for it off, I could smell it across the room! After lighting, wow. Makes my whole house smell so good!!! I wish I could find the travel size, but that won't stop me from buying another full size!

on 9/5/2006 7:58:00 AM

I only say I wouldn't buy this candle again because there are other scents in the range that I prefer (Clove and Amber and I haven't yet burned my Lavender Leaves). In general I think Henri Bendel candles are excellent in terms of value for money, quality of fragrance and strength of throw.

on 4/18/2006 10:29:00 PM

I just bought my first HB Firewood candle from BBW this past weekend. I never go to the mall and I just happened to walk into BBW and saw this candle. Anyway, I've been a HUGE fan of Diptyque for many years now and love, love, love their candles and perfumes. One of my all time favorite Diptyque candles is called Feu De Bois (also called Firewood). The HB Firewood and Diptyque's Firewood are very similar in smell, but the HB Firewood candle seems alittle sweeter smelling to me. The price is really the biggest difference. I purchased HB Firewood for $26 and Diptyque's Feu De Bois (firewood) is $48 for the same size candle. I also saw a travel size HB Firewood for $12.

on 3/8/2006 2:34:00 PM

I finally found these in the travel candle size - twenty bucks (or $25, can't remember) seemed a bit high for my tastes. So I bought three of the travel sizes and was thrilled.... And then for my birthday, a friend of mine who knew how obssessed I was with this scent bought me a big one!

It's a smoky, woodsy scent, very true to its name. Smells like a campfire... light it and be taken back to the days when you were hiking the AT and canoeing the James and didn't care about not showering for 5 days and were more concerned with the fact that your cigarettes might be wet from canoeing. (Ok, maybe this was just my high school experience, but it was great. And the smell takes me back.)

Popular Candles