Mary Kay Satin Lip Set (Mask and Balm)

Mary Kay Satin Lip Set (Mask and Balm)
MK Satin Lips set

4.3

on 10/27/2017 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff. I used to sell mary Kay so I had a few of these sitting around and decided to use them up. They come in a little squeeze tube which I just squeeze some out into my finger then put it on like a mask on my lips. Using my finger And with medium pressure I rub my lips friskly for about thirty seconds each lip then remove with a makeup wipe. The balm part is long gone but it was very hydrating and a perfect match to its counterpart. What I love the most is the exfoliator. I use it before applying a matte lipstick and I never have to worry about any dry patches or dry skin popping up during the day. I also like to use it at night. Your lips are so soft after! Then I apply my burts bees balm and perfection!

on 9/22/2017 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It does make lips so soft but I think any gentle scrub would do a similar job. If you have a tight budget like me.. skip this luxury and get an alternative way if scrubbing lips like a sugar lemon scrub.

on 1/14/2016 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Really good. May be I will buy it again, but I don't like marketing system of Mary Kay. Prefer go to the shop.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this so much.
In the end I found it to be way over priced for what it is and the end results were not that great.
I now make my own lip scrub if I ever want to do something extra during mask time.

on 1/10/2017 12:36:00 PM

I love how supple my lips are right after applying the mask! the lip balm is also very moisturising and leaves your lips looking hydrated.

on 8/11/2015 7:09:00 PM

This review is only about Satin Lips Lip Balm, which I've got for free from MK consultant. I love the packaging, you can squeeze out just a little drop which is enough for moisturizing whole lips, so no product wasting. It gives your lips nice silky feeling and an amazing glow finish!! Seriously that would be the best balm ever...BUT...I've got sensitive skin and my lips are burning within few minutes after applying. I tried this balm several times but sadly that happens all the time :( That's shame as I really wanted to love this product. Now I'm not sure if to wear it or not, I so do love the glow!

Maybe I used too much of this product when I tried it, but it made my lips feel like they had been sunburnt after using it... So yea now my lips burn. The balm was nice though. It seemed very moisturizing.

on 11/2/2014 11:57:00 PM

I tried this out at a consultant appointment that I went to for a friend, liked it and ended up purchasing it. I've made it about half-way through both tubes and I can honestly say that a washcloth and chapstick or eos work better. The mask does not exfoliate dead skin cells, at least not as much as I need it to, but I have been a notorious lip peeler when they used to get dry and chapped. And the lip balm does not soak it, it feels like olive oil on my lips and when I breath in the smell/taste (not sure the correct term for it) is stale-ish. If you have very sensitive skin/lips yeah the mask would work, as long as you didn't make peeling whole layers of the skin on your lips off. The lip balm, don't bother. It is slipperier than a wet bar of soap in a shower.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this online after reading that a lot of celebs use it. I would never normally dream of paying as much as I did for a lip product but I suffer with very dry lips so thought I would give it a try. I have bought every lip balm going in the hopes of solving my problem but am yet to find anything that really does the trick. I use this before applying make up- whilst I wait for my moisturiser to sink in I apply the mask. I only ever leave it on for a minute or so then wipe off and apply the balm. I don't feel that the mask really exfoliates as much as I would like but it is a decent product- no foul smell or taste, no mess applicator, no unusual sensations/tingling or anything like that. The balm is lovely, very silky and smooth and does make some improvement to the feel of my lips. However, I would not say that the overall effect of the product matches the price. I will not be repurchasing this in the future as I would like to try an exfoliating lip scrub with a little more punch than this provides. That said, if you don't suffer that badly from dry lips but want a conditioning treatment and have the money to spend (around 20 for the set) then give it a try.

on 4/3/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In the past I would have given this five lipsticks, but that was before I figured out that I could achieve the same results at home, with more product at less of a cost. Don't get me wrong this product is amazing, pricey, but amazing. The mask makes your lips super soft and smooth, and gives them a healthy look. As for the lip balm it's not bad but I feel that you could take it or leave it, because I feel that you could just use a regular lip balm. Anyways when I said I could achieve the same results at home, I had meant that I discovered that regular sugar, water, and Vaseline/your trusted lip balm, do the same trick. There are many ways you can change up and combine the items above to get your perfect results, but basically you just want to exfoliate your lips with sugar, rinse with water, and apply Vaseline, or your favorite lip balm. For me this routine has given me the same exact results as if I were using this product. If you have never tried this product then I would definitely recommend trying it out just so you can see for yourself, but I just wanted to throw that bit of information out there, because it is the cheaper alternative that you could use for a much longer time.

Top Rated Lip Treatments