4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I keep trying to convince myself that various peaches or pinks or shimmery beiges are my 'MLBB' colour or ideal brightening colour. However usually all of those require a neutralizing base in order not to look ashy or subpar. I don't want it to be such a stark gold as this, because gold seems so garish to me. However I keep ignoring the fact that I have VERY warm skin which looks washed out with other colours. This once applied melts into the surrounding skin. Exactly what I need for the natural eye- brightening effect, which other people seem to get with things like MAC Retrospeck, Arena, Jest, Stila Kitten, Shiseido nude trio, UD Sin, etc. Those are still good or ok, but this is spot on. I can literally just tap this on with my finger, use another clean finger to tap on Naked above it, blend edges with any soft fluffy brush, even a blush brush works, and it looks natural but brightened and not bland. For what to pair with it, you have a huge range of optiona. MAC Saddle and Mulch are both the most natural colours for me where they look almost exactly like my lids are without makeup and are almost pointless to use. I like the UD Naked with Half Baked (instead of warmer transitions like MAC Saddle) because it tones down my extremely warm skin without dulling the Half Baked. It also isn't a colour that deadens, despite being so bland-looking. If your skin is like mine, warm and tends to 'eat up'colours, this would be a perfect shade for you. It stays on etc.the typical Urban Decay perfect formula.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

This is my only shimmer single eyeshadow. The urban decay shimmer formula is to die for, very rich, metallic, and creamy. This shade is gold with no orange, peach, brown, or green tones. I haven't been able to find a dupe. It's a great lid colour for brightening on me (NC25-30). Pairs well with warm browns but also rose/lilac type shades.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Half Baked is a metallic muted light-medium gold. I am very fair with blue eyes, and this is a killer lid color with warm neutral looks or an all over wash on light makeup days. Like all UD shadows, the formula is amazing, and with primer it lasts all day. This is a must-have, especially if you prefer warm neutrals or very shimmery shadows.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

I bought this because Benefit was out of Fawn Over Me, the goldish bronze single I initially went in for. I decided to try this instead because I've heard good things about UD eyeshadows and had always eyed this color, which is the color family I always wear. I'm warm-toned and pale, with overall dry skin. For me, this eyeshadow is very meh, and the quality is lacking for the price. This was a very poor substitute for Fawn Over Me, which sweeps on so smooth it's almost like a cream shadow. By comparison, this applies patchy and takes more strokes to apply evenly. It is also much more expensive for the amount of product. I've hit pan after just a few months of occasional wear. I think this is a workable warm-toned color in a palette but really don't think it's worth $20 for a single.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

I got this as a duo in Sephora's 2016 Bronze Bares All set 8 things in the set for $39 (the duo was HalfBaked/TwiceBaked). It is the perf pale beige w darker copper flecks almost like. It is prettier than the Clinique duo in Like Mink which is 1 of my other fave duos. The UD is a little edgier (Clinique is more "safe"), but anyways it is soooo pretty! It goes well w Sephora's Cocoa eyeliner. <3!!! Winning!! (Just not real fond of the cannabis-based names).

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

5 years ago

Okay so I don't think I included everything I needed to when I last reviewed this product.... So this is an update. This eyeshadow is okay. If I set my primer before applying it the color looks quite nice. I initially didn't like this because it looked like a chunky eyeshadow and was patchy. But that's only when I put it directly on primer without setting it. I've haven't had any issues with my other UD eyeshadows looking patchy. But still, even tho I found a way to make this work, I still don't find anything impressive about it. It's not the most pigmented gold I've used and there are much better gold eyeshadows out there. The quality is just meh... I just wish it wasn't as chunky

About reviewer (45 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

This eyeshadow highlights my eyes wonderfully. It's very pigmented, and when used with primer, has excellent staying power. I first used in it a Naked palette, and then knew I was going to use that color up much faster than the rest, so I purchased it separately. I'm not that partial to how Urban Decay packages their individual eyeshadows, I think they look a little clunky, and the price is pretty high. One package of it will last a long time though, and the product itself is great. The Naked palettes are the best deal if you think you'll go through more than one of the shades fast enough.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

One of my favorite urban decay shadows. Can not put this down in the summer when I'm tan. So beautiful

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

If your a shadow lover like I am then you know how awesome Urban decay shadows are regardless the color. Full of pigment, doesn't fade and blends beautifully with other colors. Half baked is my favorite color. I have green eyes and whenever I wear it I always get compliments on my eyes. I like to pair it with one of their dark purples or a deep Aqua green! Awesome any time of year.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I've had this eyeshadow tucked away in my makeup drawer simply because I haven't got any time to do my eyes before work. Out of curiosity today I decided to use it as a highlighter. WOW! Looks beautiful on my medium-tan complexion. Normally, highlighters make me look greasy and shiny (I have oily skin) but not this one. Though it is intended for eye application, looks fab applied as a highlighter!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm