4.1

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

The worst lip liner I have EVER tried in my life! Subculture is a light MLBB color and yeah sure, the color is alright, if there was actually any pigment.. Subculture is super dry and matte. In fact it is so dry, that it hurts to apply on your lips and drags like crazy. There is hardly any pigment and it does absolutely NOTHING for my lips. No idea about staying power as I could not see any color on my lips. I do not recommend this product to anyone.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

a year ago

This is versatile neutral shade of lip pencil, but it is drying and doesn't glide as well compared to Lancôme or CT brand. The staying power is better, but the application take a lot longer. I would repurchase if CT Pillow Talk wasn't available or to have on humid days where I need this lip pencil to last longer on my lips.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

My favourite lip liner at the moment!! The colour is a brownish / burnt colour compliments YASH lipstick and Honeylove both by MAC really well. Lasts well but not an all day kinda thing. However it is pricey & im sure MAC keep on putting the prices up on certain products. I’d buy again unless I found a decent dupe

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

My favorite lip liner color. So versatile. Can literally go with every nude shade. I use daily. I agree with the user who said it has an orangey tone and looks a bit faded. I don't see how it's described as pink but I love the orange tone on me. My only con is that I wish it showed just a tad bit darker so it doesn't look faded. Slightly reminds me of a cheap black eyeliner that you need to press hard and go over again to get it to show. I love it with Macs Blankety.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

Ugh. I want to fall in love with MAC lip products & I keep trying but this didn't win me over. It looked "faded" & has an unflattering orange tone on me. I will- sadly- be returning.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I'm a fan of every other mac pencil but for some reason I can't even get this rock hard formula to show on my lips. such a huge a waste of money.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

idk why Mac lipliners have such a high rating, it's so hard to use. it is a wooden pencil packaging and formula, but still even nyx products are way creamier and less than half the price. the color I like but that's it I most definitely prefer automatic lipliners, way easier to use and much more creamy. even if it needs to be sharpened, it's still fine, just can't be this dry

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I didn't start wearing lip liner until quite recently but this has quickly become one of my favourites in my small but ever growing collection. It is very natural on me and works beautifully with nude and pink lip colours. I wear it for 8+ hours with zero transfer and no fading.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

4 years ago

Not my favourite lipliner, but only because I prefer the other MAC lipliners. I love the texture of the non-pearlized liners. Subculture has this tiny sheen for me, pearlescence that changes the texture a tad. The colour is perfect for nearly-my-lip-colour match, so if I ever require to overdraw, this is perfect. That being said, because of the minimal colour difference, I rarely reach for this one and would not repurchase.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0
from

4 years ago

i like the color of this lip liner, its a near perfect match to my natural lip shade. i dont like that its a wooden pencil, as i prefer makeup forever's aqua lip or urban decay's ozone pencils more. these tug at the lips a little and if you have dry/chapped lips or sensitive skin it might aggravate it, (it doesnt for me but i just prefer lip perfectors more)

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure