MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Naked Lunch

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

My 2nd favorite MAC eyeshadow (behind All That Glitters).

This is a great champagne eyeshaow to own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm NW15 and this is my favourite champagne shimmer. It doesn't pull orange like All That Glitters sometimes does. It has a pinky peachy beige undertone, but on the skin that just seems to turn into a sheer pale shimmering skin tone. And it doesn't emphasize the texture on my aging 62 year old eyelids.

I have it on my dressing table and it's one of the 6 singles I travel with in my permanently packed travel makeup kit. I use it along with Brule as the overall, Blanc Type in the dark corners, Naked Lunch on the lids and Wedge in the crease with Charcoal Brown as the liner.

It is also REALLY pretty just paired up with Grain which is my other overall lid shade, which is guaranteed to look great on a fast morning just blasting Grain on, but for a few more seconds, some Naked Lunch followed with a little Charcoal Brown for eyeliner makes for a really beautiful look that will last all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is perfectly neutral yet cool peachy pink with the right dose of shimmer. It goes on perfectly buttery smooth and easy to blend. Can be applied sheer by swiping on lightly all over the lid with a crease blending brush (something like MAC 217) or foiled with a flat synthetic brush (something like MAC 242).
Perfect for easy yet beautiful everyday makeup. Swipe all over the lid, add contour shade in the crease, and you're ready to go.
Must have for cool and neutral skin tones.

on 10/27/2017 1:42:00 PM

I've been using this for almost 10 years. There is nothing comparable. I forgot about it and rediscovered when trying to find a makeshift highlighter in my collection. It makes for a beautiful nose highlighter! You can add it to any eyeshadow combo - pop in the middle of the lid and in the tear duct to brighten up your eyes like nothing else. One thing though, I tried to de-pot this to put it into the quad and it made it break and crumble. I'm going to buy another, but wish the packaging was easier to de-pot. I might just not be experienced enough at it though.

Great colour. Goes with a variety of. Shades. Very neutral. I like adding a matte shade in the crease such as: Indian ink, shadowy lady, embark, etc

on 8/17/2016 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Naked Lunch is a gorgeous, neutral-cool toned, shimmery nude with the slightest hint of pink. It's close to my skintone (NC20). I thought it might be similar to my beloved HG Stila Kitten e/s, but Naked Lunch is cooler, pinker, and less frosty/shimmery...and IMHO, it's prettier! The Stila eyeshadow it is closest to is probably Starlight. Love Naked Lunch paired with MAC Satin Taupe. It's definitely a must-try for those with neutral-cool skintone especially.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For me this is the perfect highlight color for under the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye. It gives a shimmer but the color blends in with skin, I love it.

on 5/20/2016 5:29:00 AM

I agree with a lot of the other reviewers. This eyeshadow was a massive let down for me. It just doesn't show on my lid. I'm NC20 and have green eyes and this shadow is, well, nothing. I may as well put some translucent powder on there. I've tried packing it on, putting it over a paintpot, wetting the brush.... Nada! Nothing works. It also cost me €14 in Spain for the refill compared to €10 in Ireland where I'm from so it really wasn't worth the money.

I've been hearing that this is similar to MAC Jest so that's on my list next to get (as well as MAC Swiss Chocolate!), I just adore this. I like this or MAC Phloof! too as a one color makeup stop! I just apply to my lid up blended a teeny bit into the crease then brown eyeliner & extremely black mascara. (coz MAC only makes black mascara lol I mostly wear MAC makeup these days), curl ur eyelashes too don't forget (it was about high time past due I I get me a high end "real" lash curler. I don't like the cheap curlers ones cutting off my lashes & being basically ineffective & a inferior so I got the MAC 1 for $22 omg I can so tell the difference from my LA Colors even my Sephora fwiw n I will make a separate review lol sorry I digress!) & mascara/liner top only take a tiny concealer brush & brush a creme concealer onto ur waterline/under eyes then top it all off ur fave nude lipstick/Lipglass/liner: I like MAC Pure Zen w MAC Stripdown liner combo atm. Hth! I don't have much else that hasn't been said to add, but this is a champagne pale shimmer yanno the drill go buy it. Derive immense pleasure from ur purchase. Repeat. I'm a MAC addict this color made me giddy w excitement as I removed It from its standard issue black cardboard square box I could barely contain myself. Inside was the singularly most beautiful unique (as in not easily duped! I own a helluva lot of eyeshadows too I have nothing in my collection like this. Maybelline color tattoo like has 2 similar (barely branded is too beige no pink) & (inked in pink is way too pink comparatively) if barely branded got it on w inked in pink the offspring result would be MAC Naked Linch haha. This applies really good w the right brush (double entendres you know I mean a MAC brush!!), it can be sheered out lazy makeup days for a bit of polish add a MLBB or pale Lipglass insta-glam! It can be used in the inner corner hi-lite below/above brow one hi-lite. Or it can be packed on to emphasize the eyes. This is so great I can't say enough nice things about this eyeshadow. MAC makes the most beautiful & unique colors they never look cheap. I always keep CoverGirl champagne in my Arsenal & it looks cheap & garish when comparing to Naked Lunch done so tastefully not cheap or slutty or garish. No i am not affiliated in any way w MAC they don't send me free products (how cool that would rock my world instead of handing over all of my disposable income to makeup companies lol) I'm enthusiastic coz MAC is my very fave line :) is you want a shimmery (matte is boring but it has its time/place) non glitter bomb light champagne w pink undercurrents run don't walk to your nearest source of MAC & buy 2 (this is so good u need a back up! Coz yanno how companies love to DC the things we loved the most arghhh on them!). I was glad to share w y'all my thoughts/impressions/tip & tricks with you today. Happy Macking' keep slaying faces. Peace out. Xox

on 12/12/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sad to say this but I'm disappointed in this. I am NC20 and was looking for a wash of colour for my lids so I was torn between this and Jest. I already have All That Glitters and love it so after researching I decided to opt for Naked Lunch. The colour looks great in the pan however it's so subtle that it's barely noticeable. I'm thinking this would be lovely on fair skin however it hardly shows on me. It is quite neutral in colour - not too pink or too gold so it works on my skin colouring but the shade is just too light to be noticeable. What I will probably do is use it as a subtle brow highlight which it will be good for. Luckily I have a 15 palette which I'm filling so I will keep this however I think Jest will be more suited based on what I'm looking for. If you're fair and looking for a very natural wash of colour on the lids then this would be perfect for you but just not what I'm looking for.