RCMA No Color Powder

No Color Powder

3.9

Talc, silica

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this powder. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I don't.
I am forty five, with oily, yet dehydrated, acne prone, rosacea prone skin. Nice!
I don't really have any wrinkles, but if my skin is dry and flaky, I can get fine lines appearing.
Other times,I am like an oil factory.

I tend to use this powder with a damp beauty blender, and really press it into my t zone. This leaves my skin looking poreless, and matte, but not too dry. I then use a real techniques setting brush to lightly dust powder under my eyes, over my eyelids, and around my nose crevices.
I then go over my face with a brush to remove all excess powder.
This leaves me looking smooth (can't bear tacky foundation) and airbrushed.

The only problem is oil control!
On a dry day - it's fine. A lovely glow later on, and no tight, taut, can't smile properly feeling, or the dreaded flakiness appearing.
On an oily day - the SHINE!!!
It's as if I haven't powdered!
It's a definite balancing act to be honest, and I often go over, or use the Etude house zero sebum powder instead, on an oily day. This is mostly silica - and does the job.

The things I do like about this powder are:

The low price,

The good amount of product,

The packaging - I tip it in my hand, or dust my brush on the lid.

No colour change for my carefully matched foundation - any paleness on my mixed race skin disappears very soon,

No oxidising - my face stays the same colour all day. No orange tint hours later.

No gathering in pores, even worse if there is oxidisation - see point above.

No dry patches.

No flakiness.

No cakiness.

I think this powder will always have a place in my make up collection, but will never be the only one. I need a more mattifying one for oilier days.

on 1/26/2018 5:12:00 PM

I LOVE this powder, does not change the color of my foundation and keeps my foundation from oxidizing. My skin is somewhat oily, so I love that it puts a matte finish, because by the time I get to work everything is fine. Yes, the container could be used for parmesan cheese when you're finished, but I just put it into a different container to use everyday. I don't bake with it, so I can't speak about a white caste left after doing that.

on 1/18/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm a medium skin tone with yellow undertones (shade 300N in Fenty Beauty Foundation, Warm Beige in Nyx matte but not flat foundation) and I like to use loose powders to bake under my eyes. First of all this "no colour" claim is a lie (before you clock me on spelling, I live in Canada and thats how we spell colour). I can't bake with this longer than 2 minutes or I get a white caste left on my face once I brush it off. Another claim this product makes is that it has "no flashback" but its not true. This product contains silica which is an ingredient that causes flashback!

This powder is finely milled and if you're of a lighter complexion you will probably enjoy this to bake if you dont mind flashback. But if you're around my complexion you're not going to want to bake with this. However, all skin tones can lightly set their face with this even if you are a rich deeper dark. (Nyma Tang on Youtube does this and she is a very dark deep) so yea its good if your just tryna do a light dusting of powder for all skin tones otherwise NO for baking if you are darker than light.

In terms of packaging, it sucks. It's like a salt shaker bottle. It's so messy, I found that I always put too much on the cap, and when I tried to pour the rest back in some of it woukd fall and I'd waste product. (This is because I needed alot out so i can bake with it, if you are just doing a light dusting it'll be easier to use this packaging. You also do get alot for whag your paying, you get 3 oz of product for 12 US$ but remember there is also a shipping fee. Compared to other brands you still got alot of product for the price. Most brands give 1 oz or less.

To sum it up this product doesn't work for everyone. Some people will love it and some will hate it.

on 12/26/2017 9:25:00 AM

I like how this product goes a long long way. I use it everyday but I'm not even half way done with it. The only thing that I dont like about this is the texture. I have combination skin and this makes my skin look so dry and cakey. I also feel like it clogs my pores. This doesn't set my luminous concealers as well, they still crease under my eyes

This is my holy grail setting powder. I also love my Kokie and Laura Mercier ones as well but this takes the cake. Sets my makeup so well, doesn't stick to any areas like my Laura one and doesn't leave a cast even though it's so white. Love it

on 7/17/2017 5:42:00 AM

I don't bake, so I don't know how it would look if I tried it. I just use it as a setting powder. It's an okay product, nothing special about it.

on 7/17/2017 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This powder changed my game! I myself have an unstable skin - it is oily like crazy at nose and it also has dry patches at nose - and this product helps control my oiliness up to 6 hours while doesnt emphasizes my dryness much. It is also affordable. However the packaging isnt travel-friendly so I recommend you repack it to a small jar.

lies lies lies...major white cast, cant bake with it bc its kinda hard to completely remove, and it doesn't do much for my under eye creasing. I can only see this work with very pale people that way the white cast wont be so noticeable. After the oils come through u can feel it just sitting there and if u touch it feels like it created some sort of paste with the mix of the powder and foundation. For reference i have medium golden skin tone and i have combination skin. Some powders that worked for me are : Laura Mercier, Maybelline Shine Control, Rimmel Stay Matte, NYX HD and the Sephora Yellow loose powder

Perfect for caking your entire face haha really! It makes your skin smooth and poreless :)

on 5/15/2017 11:32:00 AM

This product i dont understand what the entire hyped is about.

It does what it says. Its not very transparent as i have medium/dark skin tone.

It does have a white cast and i use this quite often to lighten when i am too heavy handed with my bronzer.
It okay to bake under eyes. stop from creasing. thats it.

Nothing much to add.