NARS Lip Liner Pencil

No Image

3.8

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

First of all: it is very dry. But if you are like me and hate the glossy sticky look, it's PERFECT.
You will need to exfoliate before and cannot abuse because it will dry out your lips.
But I use this product for going out and dates and everyone always compliments my lip color. It is also super easy to apply. The only problem I've found with this (apart from the price, for a student it is expensive to get a 25$ lipstick) is that there are not enough colors that flatter darker skins. The only color that I find suits me is Bahama (dark pink-brown) which is very similar to the famous Kylie Jenner look lipstick. NARS needs to have a broader selection of colors, not only light pink and red.

on 12/2/2015 12:18:00 AM

The lip liners don't last me for more than five hours. It's a shame.

I received them as a Sephora birthday freebie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I bought the pencil Jungle Red to go with my lipstick (same shade by NARS), and even though it was expensive I think it's worth the money. First because it's a perfect match, and second, because it's creamy and longlasting. I wouldn't buy this in other shades because of the price, but for having red matte lips, definitely worth it. Love love love!

I expected more from this product. It is dry, does not wear at all and the pigments are disappointing.

I am on an eternal quest to find a natural looking lipliner that goes with everything and that won't age me, as most lipliners tend to do. I recently purchased Nars lip liner in Tonga, which is a new color for the summer, and...i'm in love!! it truly is my new HG neutral liner. The formula is incredibly creamy and is basically a soft, natural lip color with a slight pearl sheen. it looks gorgeous with everything from clear balm or gloss (great with MAC clear lip glass, if you don't mind sticky glosses) to pigmented lipstick. I have been wearing Tonga with Smashbox gloss in Smashing Pout and it truly gives me a great fresh glow that is incredibly soft and subtle and gorgeous! I would write a direct review for Tonga but it seems as if there are no reviews yet!! Anyone know how to write the first review for a product??

on 2/3/2008 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have Ecuador, which is a spicy, deep red. The color pairs nicely with a few lipsticks I own, but I'm not crazy about the texture. It's pretty dry and doesn't blend naturally into my lips, so it tends to look fairly obvious without investing more time than I'd like to spend. Meh.

I really like my NARS lip liners but I feel like you don't get as much product for your money as you do with other lines, like MAC. So that's why it has the 4 lippies. Right now I love my Jilted Lover, it is like no other pink I have and goes great with pale pink shaeds.

on 2/20/2004 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like the Nars liners. I have two up till now in Rosebud and Heat Wave (to match the lipstick). I really like their consistency- not too hard and not too soft. This way they stay put perfectly and dont smudge or bleed and stay in place for a long time. I will definitely buy more depending on my colour needs.

on 9/22/2003 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Well I like the colour I have in this - Rosebud. It's a neutral light pink on my very pigmented lips, and the SA put it on before putting Baby Doll lacquer on top (Nice colour combo).

But I don't find this creamy at ALL. The texture is so disappointing considering the price - esp. in Australia! I'm sure there are many low-end brands that don't rip my lips up as much as this!

on 6/10/2003 4:28:00 PM

I have this in Salsa, which looks like a red-brown--well, it IS a red-brown. But when I apply it lightly and blend, it ends up looking like the same color that my lips look right after I eat something spicy (the sort of "flushed" look). I like this because it gives my lips some color while still looking very natural. I agree with the other reviewers that this does have a dry texture, but I generally apply a little lip balm beforehand to make it go on smoothly, and then some afterward for shine.