AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.4

on 5/3/2017 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This product has transformed my skin completely. I have had chronic dry, scaly, flaky skin on my body with rough patches on my knees and elbows my entire life. After using this for a week, I could see the difference in my skin. After a few months of use, I felt like I had entirely new skin. I use this on my body daily after I shower, and it has moisturized my dry scaly skin. Previously I had only had partial luck with thick heavy creams, so I was skeptical about this lighter weight lotion producing results, but it works!

Pros:
Moisturizes and eliminates dry scaly skin like no other product
Improves skin texture from scaly and flaky to soft, smooth and even
Reduces body acne

Cons:
The scent is pretty awful, it dissipates but takes some time to get used to. It sometimes creates a weird earthy sour smell in combination with citrus fragrance notes.
On the driest days of winter, I still have to layer on a thicker body butter over top of this thinner lotion. I've tried the Amlactin cream formulation and it just doesn't sink in and have the same effect as using 2 separate products

on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I was a little reluctant to buy since beautypedia claims it doesn't work because of ph, but decided to try based on glowing reviews and recommendations for a friend. I have kp on my arms, and these little bumps on my legs that are a bit like kp and have just always been there (literally, I've had them for years) and literally just feel like every pore on my leg skin is clogged.

I tried this lotion and yes, as others have stated, the smell isn't the most pleasant. However, I'm not big on fragrance free products, so I'll accept the smell. It dissipates fairly soon. Also, skin feels a little sticky for a short period of time after putting the lotion on, which also dissipates. But that said, because of the stickiness, I tend to use this a night, not in the morning, just because I don't have the time in the morning to wait for the to dry.

The effect on my skin has been incredible, and so fast! Within a couple of days, the skin on my legs has been smoother than it has been in probably over 10 years. The effect compounds, so the more you use it, the smoother the skins gets. After a while, I could use it every other day to maintain. I briefly stopped using this while I was on vacation because I didn't want to carry the big bottle, and the bumps came back within a couple of days, so this lotion has definitely been fully responsible for the magic.

This stuff is a lifesaver. After putting on shorts and venturing outside into natural light for the first time after this very harsh winter, I discovered that my legs were a mess. They were covered in both red and flesh colored bumps and my skin tone was terrible, bordering on sallow. Knowing I would need to have my legs exposed in a dress at a spring wedding, I purchased the generic formula lotion at CVS for the KP on my legs, hips, arms, and the backs of my hands.

I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I also wasn't expecting the results I received. Within a week of nightly use, I ventured outside again to discover that my skin tone was much more even and the bumps had greatly reduced. Within another week, my skin looks better than it has in years. I still have some flesh colored bumps in my legs, but they are hardly noticeable. I anticipate that they will go away with continued use of the lotion. My hands are now completely clear of KP.

I have extremely sensitive skin and was afraid that I would experience irritation. Not only have had no irritation, but I started mixing a small drop of this lotion into my nightly Cerave PM moisturizer two times a week and wake up with glowing skin. I have perioral dermatitis and I am acne prone but I have experienced no reaction in using this on my face. I am pretty impressed.

The smell is kind of gross...I think it smells like glue. However, it dissipates in 5-10 minutes and doesn't linger. I only use the lotion before bed (post-shower), so the odor is a non-issue for me.

While the price is high for body lotion (even the generic), I really wish I would have discovered this product sooner. Since it does what it says, the price is worth it.

I found this lotion while searching for a lotion with alpha hydroxy, but this is far better for improving skin tone. I do not feel the product is too expensive, and the pump on the bottle makes for easy application. After a full week of use my skin is softer, smoother, and my skin tone is more even. I recommend AmLactin to anyone who is looking for a good lotion! In a different review someone said it smells like plastic, but I do not have a sense of smell, so if someone wants a better scent, try a quick spritz of your favorite body spray (not perfume). I use the lotion every other day after my shower, but the bottle recommends to use twice a day. Imagine how wonderful I would look if I did it that often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

A derm recommended this for the ketosis pilaris I have on my chest and legs and I find that while it doesnt cure it (nothing does) it definitely helps. I have been using it for about 3 months, by the way, but I remember noticing improvement within weeks. At first, I used it AM and PM, but now i only use it in PM (I don't really like wearing any lotion but SPF in the summer). It makes my skin look and feel much smoother and it also seems to help calm it and make it less red (which I had not expected). The only thing that bothers me about this stuff is you have remember to WEAR A GOOD SPF daily on any areas that might get exposed. I got sunburned on the back of my calves while running in the morning despite the fact that it was a real stretch to call it running (so I was not sweating) and I had applied SPF to that area before going out (plus it was 6am and i was only out for like 40 mins!). Normally, I am not prone to sunburn, but I also blame it on the SPF I was using (it claimed to be 70spf).

on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, this product is so effective, that it has changed my life. I read the previous reviews and decided to try this on my face. When I went to purchase this lotion, I was a little shocked by the price tag for a drugstore product, but purchased it anyway. I noticed an immediate difference from the first application. I have been using it a little over a week now. I apply this under my makeup in the morning and I no longer need to worry about my facial oil (I previously had to touch up all day long, despite using expensive oil control products and retin-A, etc). This is the only product that has worked for me in that regard. In that sense, it was life changing, because my facial oil was a constant worry for me. I now use it everywhere, and my hands have also never been so soft. It also works great as an eye cream. Also, it is the only product that has cleared my back acne. Has eliminated the need for multiple products and really streamlined my routine. If you have any of the problems that I had, please try this.

on 2/1/2010 5:31:00 PM

Disappointing. The pH is 4.5, which puts it on the upper limit of effective for an AHA. Not very moisturizing, and I had to mix it with vinegar to achieve any exfoliation. I didn't finish the bottle, and it was a waste of money.

oh thank GOD. i have been searching for something for my KP that wasn't priced in the ridiculous range ever since i stopped finding my HG Neutrogena Bump Relief at the drugstore. I have been shelling out the cash for the stuff from dermadoctor, but would end up not using it because i didn't want to run out and have to make my CC cry again. LOL! Anyway, this stuff isn't cheap, it's $15 bucks a bottle at CVS..but oh my dang. it works! i've been using it for a week, and my disgusting, chicken skinned, rough and icky arms and legs (and..uh...erm..backside) are smooth as silk. red marks are fading, clogged pores are clearing, my dh can't stop touching my skin. i'm a happy little camper, and i'll be buying this until TPTB discover i have another HG and discontinue it ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first week on this. I bought it to help with ingrown hairs. For background, I have terrible ingrowns, and I get them even in places where I don't shave (like my arms). I am a picker, so I need to prevent them, otherwise, I pick and make my arms and legs look terrible. So, I've tried several other products most don't do much for me. So far, this is working well. It's a light lotion that goes on easily. I see other people complain about the stickiness, but I don't think it's that bad. At least the sticky feeling doesn't last all day like some other products (I'm talking to you Dove Pro-Age). This has made my skin very soft and smooth. As of this time, I'm reserving judgment on the effect it has on ingrowns. I'll update in a few weeks.
Update: Definitely the best stuff I've tried. I had to go off it for 2 weeks (dont' ask), and I noticed the difference, both in softness and ingrowns. I will definitely keep using this and keep buying.