Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

3.4

Girly and flirty but overly sweet and fruity. Loved it at first but got sick of it rather fast the smell is just too overwhelming. There are too many Escada sweet-smelling perfumes to choose from to get hung up on this one. Cute bottle, looks lovely on my dresser.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This fragrance is definitely working for me. The high notes are ultra tangy but as it dries down, the scent is sweet, pleasant, and not too overpowering. I feel that the scent doesn't last too long so I took a lippie off for that. But this fragrance is definitely fun and feminine. Even though this is a summer fragrance, I find myself using it most days. My SO loves the smell too (he says I smell delicious) so definitely a big plus since he doesn't really like most fragrances (especially the super flowery ones).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance has a nice not overly sweet smell that I fell in love with immediately. It definitely reminds me more of a lighter summer fragrance, but I wear it year round. My only complaint is that the scent doesn't linger as long as I would like.

on 3/10/2006 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why do all Escada scents smell the same ? If you travel a lot and go through Duty Free, there are so many different Escada scents with names like Hippy and Island Kiss but they all smell identical .

Very boring and very "same old ,same old ". I want individuality and Island Kiss offers nothing but light, sweet and frothy insubstantiality (is that actually a word do you think?) My twelve year old loves it so luckilly my purchase was not wasted; but grown up girls need more "oomph" from their scent.

on 10/31/2005 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

ooooooooooh i like ~ so delicious ~ my boyfriend cant get enough of it lol =) its not what i would call seductive, but it smells very fruity and appetizing.

i am getting bored of the same bottle every year though... diff color but always same bottle...

its been a year later: i think the smell is too sweet for me... think saccharin sweet, and add more sugar to it. smells too fake fruity for me now ><

on 3/29/2005 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first smelled this perfume when I was working at Macy*s and some lady wanted to return it. I sniffed it and instantly knew I had to get my hands on some! I love this scent because it's so fresh, flirty and sexy! It smells like mangoes, pineapples, peaches and a hint of floral notes as well! Very tropical and very Island Kiss! I really enjoy how it smells on my skin too. The drydown is very light and subtle and it does seem to last a bit longer than other scents I have tried in the past! I am getting an Ibiza Hippie to add to my new found Escada collection! I also want to try Rockin' Rio now!! This stuff is so addicting!

on 7/22/2004 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I made a mistake a few weekends ago and spritzed this on as I walked through David Jones. Unfortunately some of the spray landed on my pashmina and I ended up spending the rest of the day haunted by a canned fruit salad odour. The Bloke hated it too ie: '**** woman, you smell like canned fruit salad'. This one is for 13 year old girls going through their MaryKate & Ashley lame boob tube/blue nail polish phase.

Sweet and fruity, but not fresh, bright, sassy, mouth-watering fruit--a tad syrupy and definitely, DEFINITELY artificial (and not in a yummy "smells like an Otter Pop" way). I swear there's freesia in this; it loses its thick, pseudo-fruit edge quickly as the floral aspect comes out. Although the notes say "tart red fruits," Island Kiss isn't as tart as it is nectar-ish; really reminds me of papayas, mangos, peach and a dash of citrus grapefruit (most of these aren't even notes in IK) that are all wellllll past their prime. Gushy and mealy, like the fruit you pick up in the grocery store and drop immediately when you realize they're way overripe (and you're left with funky smelling fruit mush on your fingers). I was hoping for something along the tropical/mouth watering lines of Demeter's Blue Hawaii (or even their Sex On The Beach) with lasting power. But Island Kiss turned out far too phony, unrefreshing, thick and, eventually, floral.

Notes: "sunny accord" (huh?), transparent florals, magnolia, white peach, tart red fruits, hibiscus, blond wood, musk

on 5/2/2004 9:59:00 AM

Took a lippie away because it smelled cheap and ordinary. Took another lippie away because it was expensive, but smelled cheap and ordinary. Took another lippie away because it had no staying power at all. That leaves it with 2 lippies, but seriously it's the marketing and pretty bottle that sucks you in. Spend your money on something else.

on 4/14/2004 2:47:00 AM

What a great summer fragrance! It's so fruity and very sweet-- mangoes, papayas and other tropical fruits all mixed together. Very refreshing and happy scent. But I gave it only 3 lipsticks for the staying power, which is about 10 minutes!!!!
After that is gone! Totally!

Popular Fragrances