Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

3.7

Sweet and fruity, but not fresh, bright, sassy, mouth-watering fruit--a tad syrupy and definitely, DEFINITELY artificial (and not in a yummy "smells like an Otter Pop" way). I swear there's freesia in this; it loses its thick, pseudo-fruit edge quickly as the floral aspect comes out. Although the notes say "tart red fruits," Island Kiss isn't as tart as it is nectar-ish; really reminds me of papayas, mangos, peach and a dash of citrus grapefruit (most of these aren't even notes in IK) that are all wellllll past their prime. Gushy and mealy, like the fruit you pick up in the grocery store and drop immediately when you realize they're way overripe (and you're left with funky smelling fruit mush on your fingers). I was hoping for something along the tropical/mouth watering lines of Demeter's Blue Hawaii (or even their Sex On The Beach) with lasting power. But Island Kiss turned out far too phony, unrefreshing, thick and, eventually, floral.

Notes: "sunny accord" (huh?), transparent florals, magnolia, white peach, tart red fruits, hibiscus, blond wood, musk

on 12/4/2012 8:20:00 AM

I've loved this scent going back to when i first got into perfumes and wearing fragrances. I loved the smell so much but i couldnt bring myself at the time to wear it since it was a "womens" scnet. Those days are long gone and i now wear the scents i want to wear and I am now wearing Island Kiss like i had always wanted to in the beginning. Island Kiss is such a happy go lucky type of scent with its realistic notes of island fruits like mangos, kiwis and bananas. Island Kiss just feels like frolicking on some carribean beach gathering fruits. The scent also smells wet if you know what i mean. Wet like the shimmering ocean. Towards the end of the scent it smells something woody....maybe driftwood and that note would be the end to a perfect scent story.

on 3/3/2012 5:48:00 PM

I came across a sample of the fragrance Island Kiss from Escada. I like the sweet fruity scent of Island Kiss. I usually find these kind of scents overpowering but this one is an exception. I think it has a fresh scent and will probably buy it if I find it in stores. continued >>

on 10/7/2007 9:33:00 AM

This is how it smells like with my body chemistry.

Ibiza Hippie: lychee, black currant blends with the florals and cranberry is the heart of IH.
i agree that it sort of smell like strawberry but it isn't added, probably due to the yummy berries.

Island Kiss: mango and pineapple is blended with the heart passion fruit and brightened with orange.
IMO without passion fruit, island kiss wouldn't have it's distinctive scent. the dry down gets
deeper and less sharp (orange) which smells really nice candy(not overpowering to me). This lasts the
longest on me.

Rockin Rio: the top note is refreshing and it is lighter than IK but it has the same mango notes.

Pacific Paradise: i smell mango in this but it can never beat island kiss passion fruit note.

Sunset Heat: smells sort of like mango, orange apricot. I think this has the worst lasting power,
well hey, its FRUITS. Refreshing too..

Overall: IMO, 1. ibiza 2. Island Kiss 3. Sunset heat and Rockin Rio 4. pacific paradise last

I dislike reading complaints of ESCADA's lasting power..
The lasting power really varies in the notes used as all are EDT. (EDP lasts longer than EDT)

Not much to complain about but I'm SICK of smelling MANGO for RR, PP, SH for their
editions! All lasts quite long on me except SH(it has lighter notes).

I'm looking foward for next year's edition and I don't regret purchasing IH and IK especially.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Very powerful fruity scent on me. Very fun, makes me think of dancing on a beach at night time somewhere with a live reggae band playing in the background. Very nice.

I'm addicted to Island Kiss by Escada.

I first got it as a gift from my boyfriend, he actually was the one that got me hooked on the scent. If you like fruity/candy like scents, or a fun flirty day fragrance this one is REALLY YUMMY.
The packaging is lovely, it sprays nicely, doesn't ATTACK you so you shower in it.

A really great buy! I bought mine at Sephora

on 12/1/2005 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think that there are much better fruity/florals out there. Sometimes I like it, other times I can't wait to wash it off. I don't know why that happens. I love the citrus sting that you initially smell but when it drys down it is ALL floral and that is not my thing. However, I do like them in the RIGHT combination with citrus or oriental scents. Island Kiss just happens to be the wrong combination. I do get compliments-- not raves-- but I'll probably use this up as a "jump-out-the-shower-go-grab-some-dinner-outside-get-together" kind of scent. Definitely not to impress or for dates. A much better summer floral with bit of citrus is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. My boyfriend took me on a date and keep telling me that I was intoxicating him (in a good way).

on 8/11/2004 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

wow!!!It's sooooo fruity and girly!! I love it but I won't buy it for myself. Coz it smells like a childish 12-year-old-gal! I'd like something more sophisticated. But I might consider buying it as a gift for my young cousin :)EDIT:I end up buying one for myself since resistance is futile! I feel happy whenever I sniff at this fragrance.

This is a delicious fruity smell from Escada. It smells like tropical fruit and it comes in a cute blue-pink bottle.I would use this for the spring and summer and especially when going out on dates during the summer nights.

on 4/25/2004 4:06:00 PM

I loved the way this smelled! Fruity, and clean, very tropical! It wasn't much for me, so I gave my bottle to a friend who loved it, but her mom wouldn't spill the ca$h for it. I won't ever buy this again, but I still love to smell it on her though!

EDIT: If you R still lookin' for a fresh summery scent, and Island Kiss just wasn't 4 U, try Ralph Lauren RALPH COOL. I bought some today and I think it's WAY more sexy. Just a lil hint for other fragrance freaks like ME! LOL...

Popular Fragrances