Tarte Lipstick

No Image

4.3

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, pvp / hexadecene copolymer, caprylic / capric triglyceride, cetyl acetate, lanolin oil, silk powder, isocetyl stearoyl stearate, stearyl stearoyl stearate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, quaternium-18 hectorite, lauryl methacrylate / glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, candelilla cera, cera carnauba, ozokerite, bha, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, methylparaben, propylparaben. ( /-): bismuth oxychloride, carmine, iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, blue 1 lake, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 21 lake, red 27 lake, red 30 lake, red 33 lake, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake.

on 11/29/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Impressed with these lipsticks. Received 4 in one of those great Tarte gift packs. Moisturizing. Good pigment. Lasts a good couple hours with regular use (ie eating and drinking.

I love my Tarte lipstick in Shock (a puple/pink color). Tested this in a Sephora store, and then got complimented on it as I was walking around shopping. This is a fairly dark color and does not run or bleed at all, and I do not use a lipliner with it. The color lasts quite a while, doesn't dry out, or make my lips feel icky. I do wish they'd make the tube a little cuter, but oh well. I think this is a great product, and am looking forward to trying other colors!

on 4/8/2006 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love Tarte lipsticks, especially the lighter colors. I find the line does very well for blue and pink-toned skin, especially fun bubble-gummy colors and fresh neutrals. Pretty much all these lipsticks flatter my skintone being PPP and it's hard not getting all of them. I love the texture- extremely feathery light and yet almost matte, which I adore. They all last very well and never cake or crease.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Tarte lipstick in Sass. It's a gorgeous orange/raspberry red, perfect for someone like me, blonde with blue eyes, that needs a cool blueish red color. I knocked off one lippie because the lipstick is smaller than most but it stays on and is really gorgeous!

on 5/10/2004 11:30:00 AM

I have several Tarte lipsticks and highly recommend them. Each shade is well-pigmented and has excellent lasting power. The formula is quite creamy and glides on easily. At $16, these are a great buy.

on 7/22/2002 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got free tubes of this in Hot Pants and Karma (yeah, me and the rest of the world). They were heavily pigmented like MACs, but with a creamier, not-quite-greasy texture and an unfortunate, slightly gritty feel on dry lips. I liked them well enough to buy kissy-lips, which was supposed to be a neutral pink, but was really more of a salmon color. It's still a nice lipstick, but there is something kind of off in the undertones of both kissy lips and karma, and all three lippies turned orangy as they faded. Also, the lipstick sweats in warm weather, which is pretty gross. Still a decent quality lipstick, if there's a color you like. Plus they are heavily pigmented, so they do last.

on 8/31/2001 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is another lipstick that is very average. I got Karma, a orangey bronzish shade. The container is smaller than most lipstick tubes, and a pretty shade. The lipstick is not to dry and not extremely moisturizing either. Lasts a normal amount, came off when I ate. If you find a color you love, get it. That is the only thing that will make this product worth it. It is just average.

I expected the packaging to be a little mroe substantial, but you do get a fair amount of product. I bought "shameless", and I find it to be a nice medium rose, not too pink, not too dark. Exactly what I was looking for. Wears pretty well, too, but no scent. That's a little disappointing from tarte. I'll buy more, though - the color is nice, good quality, and the names - what fun!