Face Stockholm Face Stockholm Lipstick, For Lips

No Image

3.7

on 1/3/2017 2:55:00 AM

I am in love with Ulas Roda -- a beautiful bright orange red with the perfect amount of shine so it's not drying but stays in place all day.

That being said, wish the packaging was a little bit nicer as I find it is hard to keep lipstick off the application tube and I have had the cap pop off a few times. Thankfully the lipstick remains screwed low in the bullet so it has not gotten everywhere!

I have tried only a few of their other colors but own only the one I mentioned above as well as a true red matte from them called Stunning. None of the other colors have ever wowed me. While Stunning was beautiful when I first tried and is quite flattering on a variety of skin tones, I find it drying. If I wanted a matte lip I would stick with my MAC Ruby Woo!

on 8/6/2013 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have this in a shade called Glädje, which means Joy. That's apt, I find, Glädje is a bright coral cream and the perfect summer coral for me. It's a very orange coral, but I have yellow olive undertones and lips that turn everything slightly bluer than it looks in the tube, so that's entirely a point in it's favour for me.

Staying power is good, the cream formula is nice, soft and has a slight shine. Ít's not as full-coverage as a matte, but it wears well even without a liner, and I like having both the option of using it as a slightly less defined, bright wash of colour with a bit of shine, or wearing it as a full-on coral over a matte lipliner. It's probably a bit drying, but I don't really wear anything BUT drying matte lipsticks and liners, so it doesn't bother me. Moisturize your lips.

The one real drawback is the scent and taste, which is slightly soapy; not unpleasant, but unusually strong and persistent for a lipstick. I can see how this would put some people off.

on 12/13/2003 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have this formula in Oyster, Sophia, Reflect, Natural and Look. I got them at Drugstore.com for just $4.50 each, so really quite a steal. I love the packaging - sleek silver substantial tube with a nice "snap" to the lid. And the colors are wonderful - Oyster - shimmery very pale pink touched with peach; Sofia - very pale shimmery pink (more frosted than Oyster); Natural - a nude beige perfect for the smoky eyes/nude lips mod thing and the first beige I've found that isn't yellow or caramel, it has just enough pink in it; Look - a gorgeous shimmery plum purple, very wearably intense; and Reflect - my new favorite YLBB shimmer. Refelct is a gorgeous shimmered rose with a bit of copper brown - but not at all orangey or brownish or dull. A great shade all year round, I think.

The feel is smooth and creamy, the wear is longer than average, and they lippies are unscented, which I really appreciate.

Great colors. Although I dont care for the "no fragrance" smell, it doesnt bother me. These are good lipsticks with nothing remarkable about them to make them worth the price over, say, Revlon's SuperLustrous. I gave this a "2" instead of the average "3" rating because the shiny silver packaging easily gets mottled after a while.

My review is the same as for the matte, only this is less drying. Here's the trick- you need well moisturized and primed lips, you need a seriously quality lip brush- preferably kolinsky, and you need to blot after applying. If you do this you will be rewarded with beautiful color and a finish that looks like it came out of a renaissance painting. My HG! Just, don't apply it out of the tube!

FS lipstick in "smile" is my color for the summer. I wear this shamelessly and religiously. 10 lippies.

on 12/5/2003 2:02:00 PM

The "For Lips" lipsticks seem to be their most straightforward, creamy lipsticks. I bought two shades, "Oyster" and "Softly." Both are very shimmery pale pink shades ("Oyster" is peachy-pink).

Neither of the colors work that well for me, but the product works well enough otherwise. It's certainly not remarkable and not worth the price tag. My main gripe about this product is its smell--it smells "old," like the lipsticks my mother wore in the 70s. Yuck! How hard would it have been to add a pleasant fragrance?