3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

One of Lush's creamier soaps, with the inclusion of aloe vera, and less surfactant ingredients (sodium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate) than their 'harder' soaps. It has a beautifully nostalgic soft scent - orange blossom, fig, ylang ylang, really comforting and cosy. It has a mild, creamy lather and the little fig seeds exfoliate slightly. Can be a bit messy but there aren't too many fig seeds. Let it dry outside of the shower/out of the water in between uses as it can melt (and it's not cheap!)

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I use this as a hand soap because I am a serial hand washer and because of this my hands are dry all the time and in pain. I was on a search for great lotions and moisturizers to combat this and I have spent a lot of money. I was searching on this lush site looking at their BOGO sale and the idea came to me, what if I changed the soap instead of the lotion. This is a miracle worker, the smell is nothing to boast about but it really makes your skin baby soft. I don't even need to use lotion anymore. I can only imagine how this would work as a body wash and plan on using it as such next.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

4 years ago

Love the smell and exfoliation I get with this makes me feel super clean and soft and earthy, two thumbs up!

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

Figs and leaves is a lush soap. It contains:fig,coconut oil,aloe vera extract,ylang ylang oil,orange flower,rapeseed oil. All those smell bring that ylang ylang-orange flower-fig smell. It lathers well in the hands, on a wash cloth less. It leaves your dkin soft and smooth. Love it!

About reviewer (1507 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

This soap was very scratchy. It also left my bathroom smelly very musty, like an old fashioned woman's perfume. The price was very fair, and it was not very messy like some of Lush's other soaps, but I would not recommend this, unless you purely need something for exfoliating - even then, I'm sure there is something with a better scent.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

4 years ago

Figs and Leaves has a very nice scent, very hard to describe - slightly fruity, slightly powdery, slightly buttery - very fresh. It is a crisp, clean scent. It isn't one of Lush's strongest scents, however it lasts on the skin and is very nice. The soap itself is quite sturdy, not creamy like some Lush's other soaps, but this means that it lasts longer as it doesn't melt as easily. It has rather large granules in it which provide a mild exfoliation, however they do not irritate sensitive skin or feel scratchy. They also do not flake out into the sink which is good as you do not need to clean up after using this soap. The soap lathers up very well, you get a nice thick lather even from the smallest bit of soap. This soap will last a very long time. It is a rather under-appreciated Lush soap, but if you try it you will love it.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Figs and Leaves soap does not smell like figs or leaves. But that's ok. It still smells lovely ... reminds me of the scent of those fancy little french soaps that are wrapped in paper with pretty blue stickers and caligraphy writing. Very clean scent. I like it! :) It leaves my skin soft and lightly moisturized. I use this soap by rubbing the bar directly on my shower puff a few times and then squishing the puff between my hands to build up the foam ... it gets a lot more lathery that way, while also ultimately using up less soap (which is good, because this soap is expensive!). Good stuff! Love it!

About reviewer (279 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I got a sample of this but since it was rather large, I was able to use it for over three weeks. I loved the soft but buttery fig smell that this soap had. I don't purchase many Lush soaps because I have too many HG to keep up with haha. BUT I do love the scent this soap left on me and I would suggest that Lush soap fans buy or sample this. Fans of natural yet creamy scents would appreciate this.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

This is a nice soap. It has a mildly sweet fig and kind of earthy scent. The lather is really nice and rich and the little seeds provide a nice mild exfoliation. I had gotten a decently sized block (I think around 4 oz) 3 months ago and it has just now down to a tiny nub (it still lathers nicely too...it's not too hard or difficult to suds up). This isn't my favorite soap, but it's a nice one that I will probably get again near the fall or when I want to remember fall...probably in a smaller bar, though.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

Soap with a strong powdery yet fresh scent. Mild and soothing despite the strong scent. You might not like its appearance if you prefer clean looking modernity as it looks kind of chunky and organic.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55