Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

on 12/25/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I waited a long time to write this review because I wanted to confirm that this is one of the few conditioners that my hair loves for years on end. I said that I would repurchase this product because I have in the past, but in all honesty I prefer the Precious Oil conditioner.

I have lots of long, fine, wavy/curly hair that has very dry ends and that gets weighed down easily. It is not easy to both hydrate my hair and keep it from feeling gunked-up. I don't use any heat styling or color my hair, and the only product I use is Fekkai Glossing Cream. I rely on my shampoo and conditioner to make or break how my hair looks, and this conditioner does a FANTASTIC job.

It moisturizes my dry ends, keeps my hair bouncy and alive looking, and never weighs my hair down. I recommend it highly. I actually do not love the minty smell, as I am weird and don't like mint-smelling products (also I think the weird smell of the matching shampoo is God-awful). One of the reasons I tried out the Precious Oil conditioner is that I much prefer the smell, and I have to say that it's a touch more luxurious and hydrating. If you don't mind the minty scent and don't need super duper moisture, this is a great conditioner.

I wouldn't purchase this at full price: I've found reputable sellers on Amazon (just check their ratings) and the liters on sale at Planet Beauty and at Ulta (not at the same time as other brands have liter sales).

on 7/30/2016 7:59:00 AM

Just Bought this Pureology Hydrate Conditioner $28 from my stylist (Not sure where they purchased it? ) when my stylist used it on me at the salon ( a different bottle of Pureology hydrate conditioner) it was AMAZING, felt like a thousand little hands were massaging my head, my scalp was "Tingling" So here's my question: when I used my NEW bottle of the Pureology hydrate conditioner at home, it smelt MINTY but there was NO TINGLING ;( "ZERO" so whats up with that ??????? has anyone else run across this ISSUE? I want to have my scalp TINGLE when I use this $28 bottle of Pureology hydrate conditioner.....

on 6/20/2016 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very fine damaged blonde hair. My natural hair colour is brunette so I have to go to my hair dresser pretty frequently to keep up with the regrowth. She had used this on me one day at the salon and I have been hooked every since! This made my hair feel so soft and healthy again. The peppermint in this product also makes my hair feel super clean. I usually cannot use really hydrating conditioners due to my thin hair, but I swear this is magic. The price of this product is a little steep but I always end up going back to it because nothing compares. If you're looking for a GREAT conditioner you should give this a try, I can almost promise you you won't regret it.. Other than the fact that you'll wanna buy it again and again

on 5/7/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have wavy hair thats prone to frizz in humid weather. This doesn't completely control frizz, but conditions my hair well without weighing it down. As only a small amount is needed, both this and the shampoo last for close to six months

Lovely peppermint smell too

on 4/9/2016 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have highlighted hair. The product came highly recommended by a store clerk and by the brand's reputation. However, I did not like it because it did not do anything to my hair. The result was not better than any cheap drug store's conditioner. I was very disappointed. I needed to use an leave in conditioner in order to comb my hair and make it soft and manageable. It definitely was not hydrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the best hydrating conditioner I can find. Been using it for the past 2-3 years. The only cons are the price point and the peppermint ingredients.

on 11/11/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is one of the best conditioners out there. I've compared it to other high-end conditioners and it really is better! On the days I use this my hair combed out easily with no need for a detangler, and that couldn't be said for the other brands. Plus, my hair looked healthier without feeling weighed down. I don't like the peppermint scent or the Icy-Hot sensation, but I've learned how to deal with it. I use just a small amount (that's all you need) and squeeze excess water from my hair; this keeps the conditioner on my hair and not running down my back. And I use it only on the bottom 2/3 of my hair and not near my scalp. This eliminates any weird feeling from the mint.

This stuff is definitely high quality and feels really good which shouldn't be surprising because it costs a fortune!!! I used this with the matching shampoo and while it really did moisturize my hair it was too moisturizing because I had to rewash my hair everyday which means I went thru it soooooo fast. I would repurchase the conditioner but not the shampoo :)

on 10/1/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even better than Kerastase!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst ever so-called "hydrating" conditioner. It made my freshly blonde highlighted hair like straw and drained the color. I waited 10 days to wash my hair after getting it colored. If you pay money on highlights or color then avoid this line. Or beware.