Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

on 8/25/2018 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this conditioner. My hair is dry, can be frizzy, wavy, fine, and color-treated. I use purple shampoos to retain a non-brassy blonde, but these are drying. So, I like to use very moisturizing conditioners. Hydrate is a great one that I rotate throughout the year. It's thick and moisturizing. I love the mint scent and how refreshing it feels.

I also use Redken All Soft, which I prefer as it's more moisturizing and leaves my hair more shiny. However, I roate Hydrate in a couple times a year for a change and because I love the smell/ feel of the mint.

The price is the one downside for me. I only purchase during Ulta's sales.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just like the Hydrate Shampoo, this one came highly recommended but ended up being unusable. Why? For the same reason as the shampoo - it left my scalp feeling itchy, and by that I mean constant scratching away until using a scalp soothing treatment to try and calm it down. I know this for definite as I used the shampoo with a different conditioner that doesn't cause any issues, yet still had the itch, and then I alternated and used my regular shampoo with this conditioner and still my scalp itched.

Unfortunate as it is, I was happy with the conditioning effect, more than happy, my hair was actually tangle-free and manageable for a change, and if it wasn't for the issues I experienced I would have continued to use this. Pureology manufacturers please take note: too much peppermint oil and you run the risk of causing adverse reactions on sensitive scalps. I have no idea where about on the ingredients list it should be, but something tells me 6th place from the top is not a good idea as that indicates a fair amount of it must go in. And this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly have a sensitive scalp to begin with!

A good product that could do with some minor adjustments to make it more suitable for all.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG. So I used to use this conditioner years ago when I was younger and didn’t have many bills to pay lol. NOTHING COMPARES. I love the Pantene moisture renewal and it’s the best conditioner in my opinion that you can get at the drugstore and I have kept telling myself while using that (because it’s so cheap) that I don’t need anything else. Well I walked into ulta and saw this and remembered how amazing it is. I decided to buy the sample bottle to see if it still worked on my hair (I have long hair that goes down to my boobs and it’s medium-thick, wavy, and easily weighed down). I’ve tried many conditioners that are cheaper than this for moisture but end up disapppounted because they weigh my hair down and make it stringy. THIS CONDITIONER DOES NOT DO THAT! It puts actual moisture into my hair and its the perfect amount. I have to go and buy the large bottle now- I just can’t justify using anything else if this is going to make me look my best. You only need a very small amount - this stuff is concentrated and spreads so easily! My hair legit feels and looks smoother and healthier because of this conditioner and it’s easier to brush. It’s also more manageable!

on 5/14/2018 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I found this to be a thick cream with strong menthol smell and tingle. Mint oil is the 7th ingredient listed in this product, so this conditioner could easily be a scalp irritant for some people. I did not find this to hydrate or condition my fine, dry hair at all. It left a film on my hair and as the day went on, my hair became greasy feeling. This is not even a good basic hair detangler.

It took me several weeks to identify which of my hair products has caused me SEVERE hair loss... but I finally realized this was it 100%! My hair (very healthy strands) fell out in large clumps when I used this conditioner in isolation tonight, compared to very minimal to no hair loss with all other products. I have hideous small baby hairs all over due to breakage of healthy hairs. My scalp is extremely itchy as well. This reaction did not occur initially but with time I have been losing more and more hair, and not to mention it has become more dull and drier. I do not recommend this product for anybody. Save your $$$$ and hair :(

Salon brands, such as my favorite, Pureology, are equal in price to store brands. (Read on for my explanation.) The difference is salon brands don’t damage your hair, unlike the mass-market stuff. A Saturday morning, twelve years ago, I woke up and couldn’t get a brush through my straight, fine, long hair. I went to the nearest salon. They said I’d “Pantene’d” my hair to death. I guess I had, I thought it was good stuff. My hair was soft and silky for so long. Until it petrified itself atop my head, leaving me confused and sullen. Pantene was inexpensive and luxurious, this made no sense - until I was briefed on Pantene’s ingredients, typically found in most non-salon products as well. 3 stylists then consulted about my ordeal, I received a deep conditioning treatment and a firm directive to stop buying non-salon hair care products. They sold me a bottle each of Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner. Within 1 use after my salon deep conditioning treatment, my hair was normal. Is forensic proctology a real field of study? Some people do continue reading, cheers to you. Then, chicken wire became silk after 1 use. As well, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Pureology is so concentrated that about a quarter of the product amount, compared to Pantene and all other mass-market brands, is effective. The price evened itself out. It costed roughly 4 times as much as Pantene, and lasted 4 times (at least) longer than Pantene. Twelve years later, I’m still a loyal Pureology consumer. My (extremely long, fine) hair has been healthy ever since I started using it. Pureology products have very little scent, a plus. They simply smell clean. More bonus points; I’ve never heard of anyone having an Herbal Essences orgasm while washing their hair. That’d be like a man getting aroused by his Axe Body Spray - it’s unnecessary and does not happen. The product either works or doesn’t. This product works better than any hair product I’ve used.

on 11/27/2017 7:33:00 PM

I bought travel sizes of the shampoo and conditioner because I wanted to try them before investing. My hair did not look any better than it does after using a drugstore product and the menthol in it made the skin around my hairline and the nose of my neck burn. It was just so uncomfortable to use.

on 11/26/2017 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This didn’t work out for me at all. The main issue was it made my scalp dry and itchy, which I have never suffered from. I was also unimpressed with how it left my hair, it didn’t feel hydrated. I used this in conjunction with the matching shampoo so not sure which was the problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is like a deep conditioner in conditioner form. I'm always amazed how soft and silky my hair is when I rinse it out.
I think this and the shampoo are the best matching shampoo/conditioner duo on the market.
It has a minty scent, which I don't mind, but don't love. I wish it smelled like the shampoo.
My main negative for this product is the price. While it's effective, there are conditioners cheaper than this that work just as well, and other treatments I would rather splurge on. I would recommend L'Oreal Mega Moisture or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle as cheaper alternatives, or Kerastase Masquintense/Oleo Relax (it's about the same price on Amazon) for a splurge. Terax Crema goes great with the (sulfate free) Hydrate Shampoo if you're avoiding silicones, weighs hair down less, and is cheaper than this conditioner. If hair color is the concern, the Fekkai Color Mask is great for bringing out the shine in hair color and is more concentrated for the same price (especially if you can find it at TJMaxx/Marshalls.
Overall, I like this conditioner, but I don't love it.
B+

on 4/19/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It moisturised my hair pretty well, my hair had a nice sheen and didn't lose curl. I did however need pretty much of it to detangle my hair (I do this while being in the shower), as much as I would need of a non-salon brand conditioner. I had issues with the accompanying shampoo for making my scalp itchy, probably because the mint and the perfume in it. This has mint and perfume in it as well, so I have to make sure it doesn't get to my scalp (I usually don't mind, as long as I rinse it out properly after).