74%

$32.00 on Lovely Skin
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

I have been using this conditioner for about a decade, sometimes on and off but I always go back to it (as well as the shampoo). PROS: very hydrating yet, doesn't weigh hair down, refreshing scent and feel due to the menthol, a little goes a long way NO CONS imo I use this conditioner to cowash and it works so well. I never have any residue in my hair and leave my hair looking so clean without the use of shampoo. I use it on my scalp and massage it around as if it were shampoo and my hair is clean. I now shampoo my hair twice a month and use this as a cowash in between shampoos. I can't say enough good things about it and my hair looks so amazing. I choose to cowash to maintaintain my semi permanent color. I have straight long Asian hair, type 1A for reference.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

6 months ago

Menthol! It has a really strong scent, which is nice but I live in constant fear of getting it in my eyes as I’m sure it’ll sting like hell. It’s got a great thick texture and glides through hair. my hair is left feeling really soft after, but I won’t repurchase due to the strong minty scent and the price.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlack

9 months ago

PROS - makes hair shiney -easy to brush after shower - Thick and a little goes a long way CONS -expensive - really strong mint smell

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

a year ago

Just like the Hydrate Shampoo, this one came highly recommended but ended up being unusable for me. Why? For the same reason as the shampoo - it left my scalp feeling itchy, and by that I mean constant scratching away until using a scalp soothing treatment to try and calm it down. I know this for definite as I used the shampoo with a different conditioner that doesn't cause any issues, yet still had the itch, and then I alternated and used my regular shampoo with this conditioner and still my scalp itched. Unfortunate as it is, I was really happy with the conditioning effect, in fact more than happy. My hair was actually tangle-free and manageable for a change without experiencing any knotting throughout the day. Also most conditioners I've used can make my hair and especially roots oily within 12 hours but this wasn't doing that at all. Lovely thick and creamy consistency too, with a much more 'mintier' fragrance than the shampoo - perfect and refreshing if you live in a hot and humid climate like I do. If it wasn't for the issues I experienced I would have continued to use this. Pureology manufacturers please take note: too much peppermint oil and you run the risk of causing adverse reactions on sensitive scalps. I have no idea where about on the ingredients list it should be, but something tells me 6th place from the top is not a good idea as that indicates a fair amount of it must go in. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even have a particularly sensitive scalp to begin with!  A good product that could do with some minor adjustments to make it more suitable for all.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

I like this conditioner. My hair is dry, can be frizzy, wavy, fine, and color-treated. I use purple shampoos to retain a non-brassy blonde, but these are drying. So, I like to use very moisturizing conditioners. Hydrate is a great one that I rotate throughout the year. It's thick and moisturizing. I love the mint scent and how refreshing it feels. I also use Redken All Soft, which I prefer as it's more moisturizing and leaves my hair more shiny. However, I roate Hydrate in a couple times a year for a change and because I love the smell/ feel of the mint. The price is the one downside for me. I only purchase during Ulta's sales.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

OMG. So I used to use this conditioner years ago when I was younger and didn’t have many bills to pay lol. NOTHING COMPARES. I love the Pantene moisture renewal and it’s the best conditioner in my opinion that you can get at the drugstore and I have kept telling myself while using that (because it’s so cheap) that I don’t need anything else. Well I walked into ulta and saw this and remembered how amazing it is. I decided to buy the sample bottle to see if it still worked on my hair (I have long hair that goes down to my boobs and it’s medium-thick, wavy, and easily weighed down). I’ve tried many conditioners that are cheaper than this for moisture but end up disapppounted because they weigh my hair down and make it stringy. THIS CONDITIONER DOES NOT DO THAT! It puts actual moisture into my hair and its the perfect amount. I have to go and buy the large bottle now- I just can’t justify using anything else if this is going to make me look my best. You only need a very small amount - this stuff is concentrated and spreads so easily! My hair legit feels and looks smoother and healthier because of this conditioner and it’s easier to brush. It’s also more manageable!

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

I found this to be a thick cream with strong menthol smell and tingle. Mint oil is the 7th ingredient listed in this product, so this conditioner could easily be a scalp irritant for some people. I did not find this to hydrate or condition my fine, dry hair at all. It left a film on my hair and as the day went on, my hair became greasy feeling. This is not even a good basic hair detangler.

About reviewer (3093 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

1.0

2 years ago

It took me several weeks to identify which of my hair products has caused me SEVERE hair loss... but I finally realized this was it 100%! My hair (very healthy strands) fell out in large clumps when I used this conditioner in isolation tonight, compared to very minimal to no hair loss with all other products. I have hideous small baby hairs all over due to breakage of healthy hairs. My scalp is extremely itchy as well. This reaction did not occur initially but with time I have been losing more and more hair, and not to mention it has become more dull and drier. I do not recommend this product for anybody. Save your $$$$ and hair :(

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Salon brands, such as my favorite, Pureology, are equal in price to store brands. (Read on for my explanation.) The difference is salon brands don’t damage your hair, unlike the mass-market stuff. A Saturday morning, twelve years ago, I woke up and couldn’t get a brush through my straight, fine, long hair. I went to the nearest salon. They said I’d “Pantene’d” my hair to death. I guess I had, I thought it was good stuff. My hair was soft and silky for so long. Until it petrified itself atop my head, leaving me confused and sullen. Pantene was inexpensive and luxurious, this made no sense - until I was briefed on Pantene’s ingredients, typically found in most non-salon products as well. 3 stylists then consulted about my ordeal, I received a deep conditioning treatment and a firm directive to stop buying non-salon hair care products. They sold me a bottle each of Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner. Within 1 use after my salon deep conditioning treatment, my hair was normal. Is forensic proctology a real field of study? Some people do continue reading, cheers to you. Then, chicken wire became silk after 1 use. As well, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Pureology is so concentrated that about a quarter of the product amount, compared to Pantene and all other mass-market brands, is effective. The price evened itself out. It costed roughly 4 times as much as Pantene, and lasted 4 times (at least) longer than Pantene. Twelve years later, I’m still a loyal Pureology consumer. My (extremely long, fine) hair has been healthy ever since I started using it. Pureology products have very little scent, a plus. They simply smell clean. More bonus points; I’ve never heard of anyone having an Herbal Essences orgasm while washing their hair. That’d be like a man getting aroused by his Axe Body Spray - it’s unnecessary and does not happen. The product either works or doesn’t. This product works better than any hair product I’ve used.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

2 years ago

I bought travel sizes of the shampoo and conditioner because I wanted to try them before investing. My hair did not look any better than it does after using a drugstore product and the menthol in it made the skin around my hairline and the nose of my neck burn. It was just so uncomfortable to use.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age56 & Over