Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is like a deep conditioner in conditioner form. I'm always amazed how soft and silky my hair is when I rinse it out.
I think this and the shampoo are the best matching shampoo/conditioner duo on the market.
It has a minty scent, which I don't mind, but don't love. I wish it smelled like the shampoo.
My main negative for this product is the price. While it's effective, there are conditioners cheaper than this that work just as well, and other treatments I would rather splurge on. I would recommend L'Oreal Mega Moisture or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle as cheaper alternatives, or Kerastase Masquintense/Oleo Relax (it's about the same price on Amazon) for a splurge. Terax Crema goes great with the (sulfate free) Hydrate Shampoo if you're avoiding silicones, weighs hair down less, and is cheaper than this conditioner. If hair color is the concern, the Fekkai Color Mask is great for bringing out the shine in hair color and is more concentrated for the same price (especially if you can find it at TJMaxx/Marshalls.
Overall, I like this conditioner, but I don't love it.
B+

on 4/19/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It moisturised my hair pretty well, my hair had a nice sheen and didn't lose curl. I did however need pretty much of it to detangle my hair (I do this while being in the shower), as much as I would need of a non-salon brand conditioner. I had issues with the accompanying shampoo for making my scalp itchy, probably because the mint and the perfume in it. This has mint and perfume in it as well, so I have to make sure it doesn't get to my scalp (I usually don't mind, as long as I rinse it out properly after).

on 12/25/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I waited a long time to write this review because I wanted to confirm that this is one of the few conditioners that my hair loves for years on end. I said that I would repurchase this product because I have in the past, but in all honesty I prefer the Precious Oil conditioner.

I have lots of long, fine, wavy/curly hair that has very dry ends and that gets weighed down easily. It is not easy to both hydrate my hair and keep it from feeling gunked-up. I don't use any heat styling or color my hair, and the only product I use is Fekkai Glossing Cream. I rely on my shampoo and conditioner to make or break how my hair looks, and this conditioner does a FANTASTIC job.

It moisturizes my dry ends, keeps my hair bouncy and alive looking, and never weighs my hair down. I recommend it highly. I actually do not love the minty smell, as I am weird and don't like mint-smelling products (also I think the weird smell of the matching shampoo is God-awful). One of the reasons I tried out the Precious Oil conditioner is that I much prefer the smell, and I have to say that it's a touch more luxurious and hydrating. If you don't mind the minty scent and don't need super duper moisture, this is a great conditioner.

I wouldn't purchase this at full price: I've found reputable sellers on Amazon (just check their ratings) and the liters on sale at Planet Beauty and at Ulta (not at the same time as other brands have liter sales).

on 5/7/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have wavy hair thats prone to frizz in humid weather. This doesn't completely control frizz, but conditions my hair well without weighing it down. As only a small amount is needed, both this and the shampoo last for close to six months

Lovely peppermint smell too

on 6/20/2016 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very fine damaged blonde hair. My natural hair colour is brunette so I have to go to my hair dresser pretty frequently to keep up with the regrowth. She had used this on me one day at the salon and I have been hooked every since! This made my hair feel so soft and healthy again. The peppermint in this product also makes my hair feel super clean. I usually cannot use really hydrating conditioners due to my thin hair, but I swear this is magic. The price of this product is a little steep but I always end up going back to it because nothing compares. If you're looking for a GREAT conditioner you should give this a try, I can almost promise you you won't regret it.. Other than the fact that you'll wanna buy it again and again

on 7/30/2016 7:59:00 AM

Just Bought this Pureology Hydrate Conditioner $28 from my stylist (Not sure where they purchased it? ) when my stylist used it on me at the salon ( a different bottle of Pureology hydrate conditioner) it was AMAZING, felt like a thousand little hands were massaging my head, my scalp was "Tingling" So here's my question: when I used my NEW bottle of the Pureology hydrate conditioner at home, it smelt MINTY but there was NO TINGLING ;( "ZERO" so whats up with that ??????? has anyone else run across this ISSUE? I want to have my scalp TINGLE when I use this $28 bottle of Pureology hydrate conditioner.....

This stuff is definitely high quality and feels really good which shouldn't be surprising because it costs a fortune!!! I used this with the matching shampoo and while it really did moisturize my hair it was too moisturizing because I had to rewash my hair everyday which means I went thru it soooooo fast. I would repurchase the conditioner but not the shampoo :)

on 4/9/2016 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have highlighted hair. The product came highly recommended by a store clerk and by the brand's reputation. However, I did not like it because it did not do anything to my hair. The result was not better than any cheap drug store's conditioner. I was very disappointed. I needed to use an leave in conditioner in order to comb my hair and make it soft and manageable. It definitely was not hydrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the best hydrating conditioner I can find. Been using it for the past 2-3 years. The only cons are the price point and the peppermint ingredients.
EDIT: I couldn't take the peppermint anymore. I'm trying other products out there.

on 10/1/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even better than Kerastase!!!