Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream
All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

I was hesitant to try this cream since I have oily and acne prone skin. However, I've found that it balances my skin so that it produces less oil and thus less acne. I love how soft my face feels afterwards. I apply the cream, rub it into my skin to remove all makeup then wash it off with a warm washcloth. I don't use any cleanser afterwards and sometimes add a layer of cream for extra hydration. I absolutely love the feeling of cleansing with this face cream and also love the results! The smell is comforting and retro although some may not care for it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've tried several face creams, including Ponds, Noxzema, Queen Helena. All worked as expected, some greasier, some drier but Jergens works best for my skin. I love the smell, it has a pleasant consistency, not too thick, oily or watery, plus it always leaves my skin very soft. It can sting the eyes a little but I honestly don't mind, it melts away all makeup quickly. My skin is visibly clearer and more balanced since I started using this before bed. The tub is a little bit unhygienic if you dip with dirty hands, but I find using a small teaspoon is enough for the face. It's quite easy to get the product out, unlike Pond's uncomfortable jar, plus I love the retro look it has. Price is great and reasonable, I'll continue to buy and long as they don't tamper with the formula or stop making it.

I have been using this product for years now as my daily make-up removing cleanser and I love it. It is rich and creamy without being oily or slick. It takes off the heaviest eye makeup and water-proof mascara without irritating your eyes. It works much better than many of the high-price well-known brands. It also leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft.

The price is a frugal person's dream and you get a lot of product for your money. A jar will last me months.

I definitely recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just bought this last night because my once combination skin is now really dry,and this really moisturizes my dry skin at a inexpensive price and it's a really big jar!

on 2/15/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for about a week after switching from Ponds cold cream and I prefer Jergens. This really is my new HG cleanser and moisturizer and I will never go back to regular cleansers. I use this and Strivectin on my fine lines and my skin has never looked better!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My mom had me start on this when I was 14 .. I'm 40 now and let me tell you, my mom, my 48 year old sister and myself have aged beautifully. I still hardly have wrinkles and I know it's due to keeping my skin hydrated all these years!! The past 4 years I've gotten away from the routine due to a family change and moving a lot. Now that I'm settled again I'm back on Jergens. Sadly the stop of the cream has made me break out (from using crap, too expensive or what was easily available) moisturizers or even body lotions -- yes I know yuk for my face --
Because my face is so broke out right now and I didnt know why, I googled and just learned the difference between *enzyme based moisturizers and *acid based moisturizers.
(Google ingredients and differences you'll be amazed what you learn)

1. Enzyme based is for hydrating (HA's) daily moisturizers (best to put on dampened face, holds moisture in better)
2. Alpha Hydroxy "Acid" based (AHA's) (NOT to confuse with amino acids-those boost collagen) are good for anti aging, dry skin w/ light acne .. these are heavier lotions/creams (
3. Moisturizing Serums - AMAZING Love Love my vitamin C enriched serum! I now know to use before moisturing BUT NOT combine with a retinol

So I was putting on my face the serum then my daily moisturizer (which wasn't the right one for me) so I wasn't feeling my face get any softer so I started putting on the moisturizer with the hydroxyl acids AS WELL ... results = Chicken pox face with small, large, red, bumps, pimples, open sores you name it!! I couldn't go out in public I looked ill:-(

** The more expensive does NOT mean better (Google dermatologists top serums.. and lotions/moisturizers) GREAT LISTS!!
** More simpler regiment the better the outcome

Jergens is the BEST for a DEEP moisturizing quick cleansing!!
1. A daily routine, smooth over clean face, leave on for minute or so & wipe off
2. As Make-up remover (Face and/or Eyes) LOVE IT FOR MASCARA!
3. As a Deep moisturizer (leaving on Longer than a few minutes then wipe off OR put all your feet but leave it on and put your socks over your feet. --WOW THE SOFTEST EVER IN MORNING--
One last tip, your elbows, every day rub in a little on each elbow and you'll never have that dry patch of skin!

I continue to search and learn on a weekly basis and it gets easier now knowing ingredients to and especially HOW to, WHAT to WHEN to use FACE MOISTURIZERS-CREAMS-SERUMS and even FACE WASH.. The market is overwhelming!
Just remember; Everyone's skin is completely different!! Even for identical twins, What may work for one doesn't mean it'll work for the other!!

Thank you for reading!!
😘 I'm proud of myself for taking the time to search and learn how to take care a part of my body that's so important which I take for granted!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This and Ponds are my 2 favorite cold creams of all time. I recently got a great deal on this at Dollar General since it was marked down half off clearance. This is not as much my favorite as Ponds but is a lot cheaper and smells about the same and is a bigger jar so you get more for your money. I love cold cream and using it has changed my skin dramatically.

on 2/1/2017 5:57:00 PM

There is a reason why Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream has been manufactured decades. I've tried Ponds and all the rest of the drugstore cold creams but this is not your typical formula. It contains ingredients — perhaps the Borax (Sodium Borate)? — that seems to offer mild antiseptic properties. My spouse finds this cream particularly useful for dry, cracked fingertips and feet. And, when applied to the face, it doesn't have the effect of clogging the skin the way one might expect.

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream helps dissolve sebum in pores, which makes it good for any skin type prone to such problems. It is also better at moisturizing excessively dry skin than anything else I've found on the market (including AHA lotions). I have combination, still acne-prone skin. I use this product as part of an inexpensive four-step facial, comprised of the following steps:

1) First I apply another oldie-but-goodie, Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Mask. The sulfur in the clay mask helps combat acne and, despite its drying effect, has some skin softening properties, too.
2) I remove the mask after 10-20 minutes with the help of Equate (Walmart) brand exfoliating facial wipes, which have a textured surface that helps lift off the mask.
3) Next, I break out the Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream. I apply a small amount of this Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream onto my face and, using a circular motion, massage the product in. I continue massaging the product in until my fingers tire out (usually about five minutes). After about two minutes, you can actually feel plugged pores open up (not to be gross, but it will begin to feel as if there are tiny grains beneath your fingers).
4) The last step simply involves repeating the use of the Equate Exfoliating Wet Towelettes with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea to remove the cream. (The worst that can be said about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream is that it is extremely greasy and so a washcloth isn't the best way to remove it.) Using the exfoliating facial wipes leaves behind just enough of this product to leave my skin soft without any greasy residue.

I really ought to practice the above more regularly because it significantly improves the "canvas" of one's skin for the easier application of makeup. It also reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. AHAs — products with glycolic acid, in particular — inevitably break me out no matter the brand. But following this exfoliating regimen unblocks my pores more successfully than other methods/products I have tried, leaving my skin polished and smooth. I hope they never discontinue Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream! It may be an oldie. But it remains one of the best-kept beauty secrets on the market.

on 1/15/2017 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you're like me and tired of companies telling you that you have to buy 15 of their products in order to have clean, flawless skin ... at least try this face cream.

Our Grandmothers and some of our Mothers got by OK with using only one facial product - cold cream. It wasn't until companies started realizing they could make a cleanser to strip your face and then tell you that you need a moisturizer, a night cream and an eye cream to make your skin supple again. Not only that, doesn't it burn you up that companies make all these products and then change them to "new formulas!!" or phase out a line completely for another one?

Now that I have that off my chest, let's talk about this face cream. Let me tell you why I am happy I bought this. I am 40 something years old. Like, when did this happen? I am still 20, right? My skin is no longer what it was then. Heck, it's no longer what it was 5 years ago. Seriously. I have another thing working against me - time and laziness. I have very little time to myself and by the time I do, I just want to fall in bed from exhaustion. This cream babies my skin and I find the rose scent comforting. When it comes to cleansing I can either slather it on before I jump in the shower and let it sit for while before using a wet washcloth to remove. I can also just use it to remove make up like any other cleanser with a wet washcloth. If I am feeling especially lazy I don't have to use any wet washcloth at all and just wipe with a tissue. EASY. Some people have complained that it leaves a oily residue. YES. This is the best part. Leave that residue on your skin and wait a couple of minutes and that will soak into your face giving you some seriously supple skin. It will no longer be oily. I love the way this stuff makes my face feel. It has also helped with my texture and redness. I also use this face cream as a make up primer and a facial moisturizer - thin layers for both. I don't need separate products. BONUS: The price. I paid less than $4 for this.

All that wonderful stuff being said, it's not a all in one product. You will still need a scrub and facial masks and toners and sunscreen if you're into those sorta things. It doesn't always remove all my mascara. Another con, the jar. This jar could be used as a weapon, it's that heavy and large! I don't keep my make up or facial products in my bathroom so lugging this jar around is a chore [see above laziness]. It also takes up a lot of room. For those people buying back up jars where the hell are you keeping your jars?!?! LOL!

PROS:
- multi-purpose product (especially for the lazy)
- formula hasn't changed in like, 200 years (could be wrong on that)
- sweet retro art on the jar (I am the redhead)
- smells like roses (this could be a con)
- grandma approved (grandmas vary)
- $4 dollar make me hollah

CONS:
- not an all-in-one product (won't clean your oven)
- big bulky heavy jar
- might not remove all your mascara
- smells like roses (this could be a pro)

I have used every pricey cream and lotion and cleanser made-I promise you-I could probably ha e bought a 2nd home for what I've spent on skin care- and I promise you I get more compliments when I use this in combination with my retin-a than I get with all other creams etc,. Give it a try-it's 4.00 at the Dollar Store or WMT -of it doesn't work out it on your feet and add some socks and you can use it all winter that way:)