Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream
All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just bought this last night because my once combination skin is now really dry,and this really moisturizes my dry skin at a inexpensive price and it's a really big jar!

on 2/15/2017 10:19:00 AM

I have been using this for about a week after switching from Ponds cold cream and I prefer Jergens. This really is my new HG cleanser and moisturizer and I will never go back to regular cleansers. I use this and Strivectin on my fine lines and my skin has never looked better!

My mom had me start on this when I was 14 .. I'm 40 now and let me tell you, my mom, my 48 year old sister and myself have aged beautifully. I still hardly have wrinkles and I know it's due to keeping my skin hydrated all these years!! The past 4 years I've gotten away from the routine due to a family change and moving a lot. Now that I'm settled again I'm back on Jergens. Sadly the stop of the cream has made me break out (from using crap, too expensive or what was easily available) moisturizers or even body lotions -- yes I know yuk for my face --
Because my face is so broke out right now and I didnt know why, I googled and just learned the difference between an *enzyme based moisturizers and acid based moisturizers.
(Google ingredients and differences you'll be amazed what you learn)

1. Enzyme based is for hydrating solely
2. Acids NOT the amino acids - are used for excessively dry skin and/or anti aging .. these are heavier on skin and tend to slightly peel layers for clearing rather than penetrate layers for hydration
3. There are combos all in one bottles but you have to know which one won't break you out due to heaviness
4. You are NOT TO USE these in combination (in same regiment) with The two! .. it dries your face MORE! The combo of a hydrating (HA) moisturizer and a retinol/anti aging with salicylic acid or lactic acids will break you out dry you out and defeats the purpose.
5. Mousiurizers are for DAY USE and anti aging lotionsis good for NIGHT USE (reasons there are Day and Night creams) I didn't know this to be true not why!
6. Always apply your lotions (not cold creams) on a semi wet/damp face .. keeps the moisture in!

F Y I ...
ALSO WHEN A LOTION CLAIMS THE COLLAGEN IN THEIR LOTION WILL REDUCE AGING SIGNS.. .. ITS NOT TRUE!!! .. COLLAGEN CANNOT PENATRATE THROUGH HUMAN SKIN APPLIED TOPICALLY.. ONLY WHEN ITS INJECTED IN SKIN WITH NEEDLE.
COLLAGEN CREAM WILL NOT REPAIR, RESTORE OR UNLESS INJECTED!!

Needless to say Jergens is the BEST
1. day moisturizer (leave on for minute or so, wipe off excess)
2. Make up remover (eyes and face makeup)
3. Deep moisturizer (*leave on Longer, then wipe or *put on feet, leave on & put your socks over the lotion--WOW SOFTEST FEET EVER-- and one more.. *your elbows -- every day run in a little on each elbow and you'll never have dry skin there!

WHAT IVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS AND EVEN NOW (learning ingredients to the anti aging market) KNOW HOW, WHAT & WHEN TO USE YOUR FACE LOTION-MOISTURIZER-CREAM-SERUM-WASHES
Everyone's skin is completely different. What may even work for a twin doesn't work for the other!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This and Ponds are my 2 favorite cold creams of all time. I recently got a great deal on this at Dollar General since it was marked down half off clearance. This is not as much my favorite as Ponds but is a lot cheaper and smells about the same and is a bigger jar so you get more for your money. I love cold cream and using it has changed my skin dramatically.

on 2/1/2017 5:57:00 PM

There is a reason why Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream has been manufactured decades. I've tried Ponds and all the rest of the drugstore cold creams but this is not your typical formula. It contains ingredients — perhaps the Borax (Sodium Borate)? — that seems to offer mild antiseptic properties. My spouse finds this cream particularly useful for dry, cracked fingertips and feet. And, when applied to the face, it doesn't have the effect of clogging the skin the way one might expect.

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream helps dissolve sebum in pores, which makes it good for any skin type prone to such problems. It is also better at moisturizing excessively dry skin than anything else I've found on the market (including AHA lotions). I have combination, still acne-prone skin. I use this product as part of an inexpensive four-step facial, comprised of the following steps:

1) First I apply another oldie-but-goodie, Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Mask. The sulfur in the clay mask helps combat acne and, despite its drying effect, has some skin softening properties, too.
2) I remove the mask after 10-20 minutes with the help of Equate (Walmart) brand exfoliating facial wipes, which have a textured surface that helps lift off the mask.
3) Next, I break out the Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream. I apply a small amount of this Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream onto my face and, using a circular motion, massage the product in. I continue massaging the product in until my fingers tire out (usually about five minutes). After about two minutes, you can actually feel plugged pores open up (not to be gross, but it will begin to feel as if there are tiny grains beneath your fingers).
4) The last step simply involves repeating the use of the Equate Exfoliating Wet Towelettes with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea to remove the cream. (The worst that can be said about Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream is that it is extremely greasy and so a washcloth isn't the best way to remove it.) Using the exfoliating facial wipes leaves behind just enough of this product to leave my skin soft without any greasy residue.

I really ought to practice the above more regularly because it significantly improves the "canvas" of one's skin for the easier application of makeup. It also reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. AHAs — products with glycolic acid, in particular — inevitably break me out no matter the brand. But following this exfoliating regimen unblocks my pores more successfully than other methods/products I have tried, leaving my skin polished and smooth. I hope they never discontinue Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream! It may be an oldie. But it remains one of the best-kept beauty secrets on the market.

on 1/15/2017 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you're like me and tired of companies telling you that you have to buy 15 of their products in order to have clean, flawless skin ... at least try this face cream.

Our Grandmothers and some of our Mothers got by OK with using only one facial product - cold cream. It wasn't until companies started realizing they could make a cleanser to strip your face and then tell you that you need a moisturizer, a night cream and an eye cream to make your skin supple again. Not only that, doesn't it burn you up that companies make all these products and then change them to "new formulas!!" or phase out a line completely for another one?

Now that I have that off my chest, let's talk about this face cream. Let me tell you why I am happy I bought this. I am 40 something years old. Like, when did this happen? I am still 20, right? My skin is no longer what it was then. Heck, it's no longer what it was 5 years ago. Seriously. I have another thing working against me - time and laziness. I have very little time to myself and by the time I do, I just want to fall in bed from exhaustion. This cream babies my skin and I find the rose scent comforting. When it comes to cleansing I can either slather it on before I jump in the shower and let it sit for while before using a wet washcloth to remove. I can also just use it to remove make up like any other cleanser with a wet washcloth. If I am feeling especially lazy I don't have to use any wet washcloth at all and just wipe with a tissue. EASY. Some people have complained that it leaves a oily residue. YES. This is the best part. Leave that residue on your skin and wait a couple of minutes and that will soak into your face giving you some seriously supple skin. It will no longer be oily. I love the way this stuff makes my face feel. It has also helped with my texture and redness. I also use this face cream as a make up primer and a facial moisturizer - thin layers for both. I don't need separate products. BONUS: The price. I paid less than $4 for this.

All that wonderful stuff being said, it's not a all in one product. You will still need a scrub and facial masks and toners and sunscreen if you're into those sorta things. It doesn't always remove all my mascara. Another con, the jar. This jar could be used as a weapon, it's that heavy and large! I don't keep my make up or facial products in my bathroom so lugging this jar around is a chore [see above laziness]. It also takes up a lot of room. For those people buying back up jars where the hell are you keeping your jars?!?! LOL!

PROS:
- multi-purpose product (especially for the lazy)
- formula hasn't changed in like, 200 years (could be wrong on that)
- sweet retro art on the jar (I am the redhead)
- smells like roses (this could be a con)
- grandma approved (grandmas vary)
- $4 dollar make me hollah

CONS:
- not an all-in-one product (won't clean your oven)
- big bulky heavy jar
- might not remove all your mascara
- smells like roses (this could be a pro)

I have used every pricey cream and lotion and cleanser made-I promise you-I could probably ha e bought a 2nd home for what I've spent on skin care- and I promise you I get more compliments when I use this in combination with my retin-a than I get with all other creams etc,. Give it a try-it's 4.00 at the Dollar Store or WMT -of it doesn't work out it on your feet and add some socks and you can use it all winter that way:)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm 53 with combination skin. Someone recommended this and I read the reviews, bought it. It does a wonderful job of removing makeup and softening the skin, but it broke me out terribly.

At first I was in denial. I tried following up with Cerave hydrating cleanser, then eventually African Black Soap.

But it was not to be. White heads and cysts were springing up all over. Had to end it.

I'm back to oil cleansing, which works well. I use Garden of Wisdom cleansing oil for sensitive skin which gets off all my makeup including waterproof mascara without irritating. Was just hoping this cheap Jergens was going to be my frugal miracle, but it wasn't.

on 8/23/2016 3:22:00 PM

I got a G I A N T (15 oz) plastic jar of this at WalMart for less than $4. I double cleanse every night and normally use Pond's cold cream and Clinique Take the Day Off balm (when I'm not blowing my beauty budget elsewhere). Pond's has been irritating my eyes lately so I decided to try this since the ingredients are similar and you get SO much more product for less dollars.

A little dab'll do ya, then wipe with a damp washcloth & watch said washcloth become a wretched wraith of its former self, i.e. stamped with the flesh-stained aftermath of your daily facial armor. It takes off all my makeup very easily without any irritation. I have experienced no breakouts, though I probably would if I used this as my only cleanser.

I have been using this every night for about two weeks and I'm still trying to use up the cream stuck to the bottom of the lid FYI. This will last eons. And eons. I don't like the smell though, it's really strong and totally Eau de Nair.

EDIT: still hasn't broken me out, but the mineral oil in this clogged my pores a bunch.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My mother-in-law referred me to this, telling me that her mother-in-law had used it regularly and had basically no wrinkles even into old age. That is enough of a recommendation for me! For about a fiver you get a MASSIVE jar with just about the cutest, most deliciously 80s looking graphic on it and a pink lid. Really takes me back to the whole two years I actually lived in the 80s, haha.
Anyways, this is one of those multitasking products that many people swear by- it helps remove makeup, it's a face lotion, it's a body lotion. It has simple enough ingredients to not aggravate any skin conditions, but it's definitely moisturizing enough to use during winter or if you just have dry skin.
Honestly, there are a lot of (haughty) people who will turn their nose up at Jergens, or any other drugstore brand, but could not look you in the face and tell you this product doesn't do what it says- it moisturizes, and well. It's takes off makeup without stripping your skin. This ain't your grandmas face cream (unless you're my husband, that is). The results are in: it's just GOOD.
The scent is another aspect that I treasure: where else are you going to find a bold, unapologetic rose scent like this? Most brands will shy away from including blatant scents in their skincare products. I say, bring it on.
This will make your skin dewy and radiant. If you use this at night, you may not need any more lotions on your face until your next shower. I can't speak for the anti-wrinkle properties because right now I don't have any. Maybe this has something to do with that? I'm 27, so I'll update in ten years and let you know.
I may experiment with other face creams and lotions, and who among us doesn't?, but I will always have a big ol' jar of this sitting in my bathroom. It has achieved such cult status, there would be riots in the streets if they ever discontinued this (or changed the packaging- PLEASE Jergens, don't change the packaging!!)