Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream
All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

on 1/7/2019 10:46:00 PM

This is my HG.
Background: For most of my life I received compliments on my clear soft peaches and cream skin. This near perfect skin was not the result of any skincare routine. In fact, I never washed my face! On the rare occasion that I did break out, I’d get one whitehead, which would go away after 2 days of dotting it with Clinique clarifying lotion.
I totally took my skin for granted until about 6 years ago when, out of the blue, I started suffering from hormonal acne on my chin and along my jawline. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. My once clear face was now peppered with deep, painful cysts. I tried to pop them (I know, I know, but they hurt so much and I was desperate) but, to my dismay, they were unpoppable.
I started taking spironolactone and using a prescription sulfur wash, which helped get rid of the deep cysts but I was still breaking out on a regular basis. Plus, neither the spironolactone nor the sulfur did anything to fade my scarring or smooth my rough thick skin so I started exfoliating. Granular exfoliants (e.g. lush ocean salt, lush angels on bare skin, baking soda) irritated my sensitive skin and exacerbated my acne. While chemical exfoliants (ie pixi glow tonic, nip & fab glycolic fix, mario badescu glycolic acid toner, Sunday Riley good genes etc) softened my thick rough skin, they also uncovered some acne (including some cystic acne) and hyperpigmentation that had been hiding below my skin’s surface. I would then start picking at my skin and the cycle would repeat.
I don’t know what made me pick up the tub of jergens face cream and slather it on my skin, which was broken, raw and inflamed from picking, but when I woke up the next morning my broken skin - and the acne underneath it - had started to heal. From then on, I started using the jergens cream as a face wash (I would massage it in and either wipe it off with a baby wipe or a tissue), a moisturizer and a night cream. Within a week my acne had completely healed, my skin was noticeably smoother and my scars had faded significantly. I couldn’t believe that a thick oil based cream that cost me $3 for a huge jar could transform my skin so drastically in such a short amount of time. Every time I’ve gone back to using other skincare products my skin breaks out again and as soon as i return to using the jergens face cream exclusively, my skin begins to heal overnight and within a week is totally clear. Jergens face cream has worked such a miracle on my skin that I’ve literally purchased 10 tubs so that I never run out (a little goes a long way so I figure those 10 tubs will last me a few years). Try it!!!

on 12/30/2018 10:56:00 PM

I used to use this a few yrs back but got out of using it. I think because I switched to the IT Cosmetics makeup cleanser then switched to using my homemade cocoa butter/coconut oil mix. But that can get expensive just to wash off. I saw this at Walmart & picked up a jar. I have about 3 steps in my cleansing routine; I wipe this off with a makeup wipe because I hate gunking up washcloths, then I cleanse w/ my Clarisonic. Sometimes before bed, I skip using my Clarisonic or even moisturizing. My skin feels fine when I do this but my pores have gotten more noticeable. I don't remember this clogging my pores before but I also don't remember skipping properly cleansing/moisturizing at night this much before.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best face cream ever made. I have very dry skin and this was perfect. Easy to use and washed right off. No scrubbing just gentle cleansing with wash cloth.

on 11/15/2018 9:54:00 PM

This was so bad for me. I have oily skin and was looking for a cheaper option for a first cleanse/makeup removing step. This creme is like whipped mineral oil. It is so, so thick and greasy. I could not rinse it off my hands - it made the water bead up and refused to come off, I had to use a hand towel. It was difficult to remove from my washcloth, too. I woke up the following morning with three or four new spots/clogs, and never let it touch my face again. I tried to repurpose it as a shave cream, but it clogged my razor like glue and I couldn't rinse it off my shower walls.

on 6/6/2018 1:05:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff! I'm 19 and found this product on the shelf at Walmart one day. I used it for a bit but was afraid it was breaking me out and quit it for a while. Recently though, I ran out of my regular night cream and dug around underneath my sink, only to find this creamy pink skin-gold. I wash my face well every morning and night and at night, I slather on a good, oily layer as a moisturizer and when I wake up, my skin is supple and near perfect!!! My acne cleared completely, I never ever use my go-to zit-zappers anymore!! I ran out of my makeup wipes too, and this works great to take off my foundation and concealer in preparation for cleansing! Just rub it on my face and wipe it off with a tissue and I don't think I'm going to even bother buying more makeup wipes! One downside, though, is that I think that one of the ingredients that evens my skin tone may be a skin bleacher, because my bedding where I put my face is very light and white in some parts. I know it's this cream because I haven't been doing anything else differently and the spot where my boyfriend puts his head is not lighter than the rest of the fitted sheet. You must get this cream!!

on 1/2/2018 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This came up in my review feed today so I thought I'd add my .02. I Could love it, but it breaks me out. And I'm an old broad with dry, although not- sensitive skin. I actually downgraded it to use on my legs after discovering breakouts on my face and chest, and sure enough I got an ugly looking welt on my leg, which disappeared after I stopped using this. Oddly, I'm not normally sensitive to the ingredients listed. Otherwise I found it performs just as all of the excellent reviews state so if I use it only as a one-off on a particularly dry day it's ok.

on 1/2/2018 9:21:00 AM

I've been using Pond's cleansers and their Crema S moisturizer for half a year now. I have parched, flaky, horribly dry skin even in the hot summers, but I occasionally get a few blackheads or a clogged pore here and there. I wanted to try a different oil based cleanser and saw the reviews on this face cream were great, so I picked it up at Wal Mart for about $3 which is a steal!

The cream is light pink and scented like roses, which I really like. It's extremely thick, much thicker than Pond's, and you need a tiny scoop to cleanse and moisturize the face, that's all. I wet a wash cloth in warm water and steam my pores after applying this cream and then I wipe it off and apply a little more on the super dry parts of my face and my neck and chest. I had a breakout on my forehead when I got this product and when I woke up the next day the pores were unclogged and the redness was nearly completely gone! Not to mention my face is so soft and smooth and plump after using this cream.

If you're looking for an economical product that packs a cleansing and moisturizing punch I would recommend this product. I don't wear makeup anymore but I bet this removes makeup like a miracle!! I absolutely adore this cleanser and I'm switching from Pond's to Jergen's Face Cream from now on!! I would recommend this product to anyone with very parched skin or aging skin because its moisturizing properties are unbeatable! It's also very good for the bitterly cold winters here. I can't say enough good things about this product! Go out and try it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been double-cleansing for over a decade. I started using cream cleansers and dedicated white washcloths to save money on makeup wipes and special removers. Recently, I decided to give this a try, as I'm a sucker for vintage-style "classic" beauty products. I wish I could knock off half a lippie for the oily residue it can leave behind in my sink and my facial brush, but that may just be part of its functionality. Here's the thing: this has turned out to be the perfect de-gunker for my oily, congested pores, while leaving a moisture "buffer" behind that keeps my skin from getting stripped when I use my foaming cleanser. The formula is super basic. the scent is nostalgic (sort of a soapy rose-floral) and the result is soft, clear, beautiful skin. I can't believe something with that much wax and oil would actually help unclog my pores, but it does! The price is unreal, at under $4 at Wally World. I'm hooked- especially for wintertime when even we greasy gals get dehydrated.

on 11/5/2017 5:38:00 PM

I have spent a small fortune, in fact a great fortune ;) on high end skin care products, believing that expensive must be better. Shame on me for not working out sooner that this in NOT the case! I have extremely sensitive skin and react to so many cleansers and moisturisers, which is so frustrating. I finally decided to go back to basics and try using a cold cream to cleanse and moisturise my face in one simple step. I tired Ponds and reacted quite badly to that and then I tried Nivea and Astral, all with no success. I stumbled across a review for Jergens All Purpose Face Cream and for just a few pounds (I live in England), I figured I had nothing to lose. I was not wrong, as it is hands down the best product I have ever bought. I have stocked up on several pots for fear of it ever being discontinued.

I use it both as a cleanser and a moisturiser, I just slather a generous amount on my skin and let it melt onto the skin for a few minutes and then remove it with a hot face flannel. It feels so gentle and relaxing to use and my skin loves it. Honestly, if you have normal skin, you may find you don't need to moisturise after cleaning with this, as although it is easy to remove, it leaves the skin feeling very soft and supple and lightly moisturised. If my skin is dry, I apply a light layer to add more moisture to my face. I also use it as an all over body moisturiser and it absorbs quickly and I personally love the smell as it is an old-fashioned 'classic' smell, just very delicate and light and clean smelling. I hate strong smelling creams but enjoy using something with a little fragrance as it definitely adds to the relaxation element of using skin care products. Like I said, I react to so many products, and this has caused me no problems whatsoever, so the fragrance is obviously not an issue for me, as it is very light.

I really wish I had discovered this years ago, as it's like a miracle product. So many people will not try it due to the ingredients containing mineral oil etc, however this formulation which includes beeswax, borax and mineral oil is amazing. It is so simple and yet so effective. I am amazed this has not reached the cult status of Pond's as it is a far superior product and much better value. For the money, you honestly have nothing to lose, and quite likely a lot to gain and will save you a fortune in the long run.

I could go on, as it's completely perfect in my opinion. I will never be without it and if they ever stop making it, I will set up a business and have it made myself!

I would just add that it is worth preserving with this product if you initially find you break out from using it. If your skin is very congested, it will draw out impurities and so you might feel your skin is breaking out at first. This is just the first step in your skin purging and then it will settle down. It really helps rehydrate skin, which should balance out your skin with continued use, and any breakouts will stop within a short period of time. I think the combination of ingredients is designed to both cleanse your skin and moisturise it at the same time, so unlike other cold creams it is more effective in balancing and normalising skin with continued use.

on 10/27/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

When I started double cleansing I began searching for a good, oil based cleanser. One day I happened upon this on the bottom shelf at the drugstore and as transported back to my grandmother running it on my face after a dance recital. I snatched it up. I'm so, so happy. It does a great job of gently dissolving my makeup and sunscreen, and leaves my face in great condition. I really like putting it on before I take a hot shower. Seems loosen up any grits I have. And no, I haven't had any breakouts or other issues. Plus, how adorable is the packaging?