4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

Unfortunately, as I age, I’ve noticed that a lot of face creams irritate my skin, even things like Cetaphil and Cerave. Clinique gives me hives now. This is only one of two creams I can currently use; the other being ROC Retinol Correction Max Daily Hydration Creme. This Jergens one is my go-to because it is very affordable; I paid around $3.13 for a 15oz. jar at Walmart. It moisturizes and also can be used as makeup remover; although I prefer my Pond’s Cold Cream for that. I love this cream. However, in my experience, -how- this is used really makes the difference. I can’t use this like a regular face cream; I can’t apply and go on with my routine. It’s too thick for that. The method that I find best is, after I remove my makeup and wash my face with soap and a washcloth, I apply a few layers to make a mask of this cream and let it set for 5 minutes. Then, I remove the mask with a tissue. I wipe until I can’t see any cream my face; carefully, though; wiping too much or too hard can be counterproductive. My skin glows after I’m finished. And then, I go on with either my makeup or get ready for bed. I’m so glad I found this pretty pink cream! I’ve been using this everyday for about four months, and I couldn’t be happier.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2.0

10 months ago

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. This was a fail for me. It was super-greasy, didn’t sink into my skin, and I couldn’t abide the smell. And I’m someone who loves a lot of what some people call old-lady fragrances. It’s too bad - you get a ton of it and the price can’t be beat.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

1.0

10 months ago

This was a no go for me. I used it first for makeup/sunblock removal, and found that it stung my eyes and resulted in milia and perioral dermatitis. Since I still had a huge tub of this stuff left, I tried using it for a moisturizer after shaving my legs, and found that it broke me out in a shaving rash. Tried it on my hands and feet, and it just left them feeling greasy but not soft or hydrated.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

a year ago

Every glowing report about this product is one that I am in 100% agreement with. This product is so emollient, even waterproof mascara doesn't stand a chance against Jergens. It does leave a heavy residue in my facial cloths is the only downside if that kind of thing bothers you, but you can always tissue this product off as well. The results are fabulous: 100% makeup removal, softening and moisturizing all at once. An easy cinch to use, doesn't irritate eyes; pleasant fragrance, and did I mention this is cheap as chips and you can find it veritably anywhere? Straight up holy grail cleanser for me, if you see this you should grab one and try it out.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

This stuff is phenomenal. I have an extremely oily t zone and I have been dabbling with Retin A again. This product has made a huge difference in the look and feel of my sensitive skin. I use it as an evening makeup remover (face only...not eyes). I also use it as a moisturizer. After a few minutes (sometimes 20 or more in the evening) if I feel that I have put too much, I use a hot, wet wipe/paper towel to wipe off any excess. This has calmed my redness and with no irritation and bye bye dryness. No clogged pores. If anything, my face appears to cleaner and clearer. My skin is super soft and not greasy and much less oily when I wake up in the morning. The scent is mild and non offensive to me.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I used this cream for a while and I loved it. A giant 15 oz. jar cost $6, compared to a 1/2 ounce jar, the size of a walnut, of La Mer for $135. I miss it, but I won't use Amazon anymore due to their practices. It's the only place you can get it, and I even wrote to the manufacturer. They just don't make it for the western world because cold creams are not in big enough demand, so some pharmacies get it from foreign countries and resell it on amazon. I have to make do with other products. Of course I wish you could buy it locally. But I will never again get on the mail order bandwagon. It's because of Amazon that all my local department stores are gone. This is a beautiful cold cream but it is from an age that is dead and gone - before cosmetics became a multi billion dollar business.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love this cream. I use this and Ponds Dry Skin cream, I like to alternate between the two as night creams, but I also find they are both perfect for cleansing and make up removal. The texture is very creamy, it's quite oily too, which is a nice feature if you put it on your arms or legs, because you get a lovely sheen to your skin. I love the size of the pot, because I feel like I can be generous with it. I've managed to find a UK shop that I can buy Jergens from online and so I can buy it for not much more than its sold for in the USA. I have sensitive skin with rosacea and this cream never aggravates it, so I always feel safe to put it on. It also doesn't clog my pores at all, so it's just about perfect for me.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a year ago

Such a surprise! I sought this out because of a review on MUA, and I'm so happy I did. I've needed a heavier moisturizer for my 59 yr old face and neck, because the lighter creams in my arsenal haven't been cutting it this winter, leaving my face flaky, red and uncomfortable. I have been patting a small amount of this lovely pale pink cream into still-damp skin at night after cleansing and I wake up with soft clear skin- absolutely no breakouts! . I pat a second layer under my eyes and around my brows, and even over my lips, which haven't peeled or cracked this winter. I also use it on my legs and arms, too- perfect. While I adore the cherry-almond scent of original Jergens lotion, I am not a fan of the Face Cream's fragrance, but it's such cheap and cheerful treasure that I'll put up with it.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

This is my HG. Background: For most of my life I received compliments on my clear soft peaches and cream skin. This near perfect skin was not the result of any skincare routine. In fact, I never washed my face! On the rare occasion that I did break out, I’d get one whitehead, which would go away after 2 days of dotting it with Clinique clarifying lotion. I totally took my skin for granted until about 6 years ago when, out of the blue, I started suffering from hormonal acne on my chin and along my jawline. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. My once clear face was now peppered with deep, painful cysts. I tried to pop them (I know, I know, but they hurt so much and I was desperate) but, to my dismay, they were unpoppable. I started taking spironolactone and using a prescription sulfur wash, which helped get rid of the deep cysts but I was still breaking out on a regular basis. Plus, neither the spironolactone nor the sulfur did anything to fade my scarring or smooth my rough thick skin so I started exfoliating. Granular exfoliants (e.g. lush ocean salt, lush angels on bare skin, baking soda) irritated my sensitive skin and exacerbated my acne. While chemical exfoliants (ie pixi glow tonic, nip & fab glycolic fix, mario badescu glycolic acid toner, Sunday Riley good genes etc) softened my thick rough skin, they also uncovered some acne (including some cystic acne) and hyperpigmentation that had been hiding below my skin’s surface. I would then start picking at my skin and the cycle would repeat. I don’t know what made me pick up the tub of jergens face cream and slather it on my skin, which was broken, raw and inflamed from picking, but when I woke up the next morning my broken skin - and the acne underneath it - had started to heal. From then on, I started using the jergens cream as a face wash (I would massage it in and either wipe it off with a baby wipe or a tissue), a moisturizer and a night cream. Within a week my acne had completely healed, my skin was noticeably smoother and my scars had faded significantly. I couldn’t believe that a thick oil based cream that cost me $3 for a huge jar could transform my skin so drastically in such a short amount of time. Every time I’ve gone back to using other skincare products my skin breaks out again and as soon as i return to using the jergens face cream exclusively, my skin begins to heal overnight and within a week is totally clear. Jergens face cream has worked such a miracle on my skin that I’ve literally purchased 10 tubs so that I never run out (a little goes a long way so I figure those 10 tubs will last me a few years). Try it!!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

a year ago

I used to use this a few yrs back but got out of using it. I think because I switched to the IT Cosmetics makeup cleanser then switched to using my homemade cocoa butter/coconut oil mix. But that can get expensive just to wash off. I saw this at Walmart & picked up a jar. I have about 3 steps in my cleansing routine; I wipe this off with a makeup wipe because I hate gunking up washcloths, then I cleanse w/ my Clarisonic. Sometimes before bed, I skip using my Clarisonic or even moisturizing. My skin feels fine when I do this but my pores have gotten more noticeable. I don't remember this clogging my pores before but I also don't remember skipping properly cleansing/moisturizing at night this much before.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age30-35