Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream
All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

on 10/19/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm giving this 3 lippies because I don't love it or hate it. Its just meh. Its really cheap and it lasts forever. I bought this as a moisturizer not a cleanser, makeup remover or primer so I'm reviewing as moisturize.
But FYI it does suck as a primer.
I'm surprised at all the great reviews, really. It is so greasy feeling. My hair sticks to my face! That dewy look it gives is because its like oil. And I've been using it for like 2 years and still have perpetual dry cheeks. I've finally had enough and am going to buy something else. I know, I'm a slow learner.
But I will keep my jar and probably still repurchase because of the price and it works in a pinch. But its still not great.

on 10/6/2017 4:22:00 PM

This is by far the best cold cream you can by. The price is fantastic. About $4 for a huge jar that lasts me for nearly 6 months! It does everything a cold cream should do, remove makeup, cleanse, and hydrate. I don't mind the smell because its a classic sent and I like have the packaging has old fashioned faces on it. This is a timeless cold cream and by far the best value. Pond's can't compare.

on 8/31/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

OMG my new HG! I love this stuff. I am a big fan of all Jergens products. I've been using their lotions for who knows how long...anyhow, I've been wanting to try this and never actually went out to seek it, until one day I was at Walmart and saw it. It was like fate!! lol.. I use this at night before bed and in the morning as my primer before I apply my makeup. This stuff is indeed a multi purpose face cream! It works as a cleanser, makeup remover, moisturizer, and base primer. I haven't used this as a cleanser. I like to wash my face with the jergens extra moisturizing liquid hand soap. I know it's a hand soap, but that's a different story. I've been using this stuff now for a month and I'm addicted. I do have oily skin and some reviews says to not use it. I stand incorrect on that statement. I use this stuff at night and put it on before bed. I'll massage the product in my face and onto my neck until the product is fully rubbed in my skin. I'll sleep on it and awake to nice refreshing skin! If you have oily skin, don't let other reviews discourage you from trying this stuff. For $3.27 at Walmart you can't complain... My face instantly changed within a week, my face had less acne and clearing up. After maybe week 3, I was acne free and glowing... I even had strangers give me compliments about my skin. I must say you have to try this stuff! It's inexpensive and you will be wow'd like me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Both of my Granny's and also my Mama used this cream, I can remember seeing tubs of this in their bathrooms for years yet I never thought about trying it myself. Since all three had gorgeous, unlined skin well into their '70's they must have been on to something, right? I guess I thought this face creme was "old fashioned" and "old ladyish". WRONG. This cheap little tub contains the most awesome magic potion that will leave your skin moisturized and as smooth as a babies butt. I was hesitant to try it because I'm pretty oily and I thought this would break me out. Again. WRONG.

I found this on a bottom shelf in Walmart, there were only two tubs left which tells me that people buy this stuff and people buy this stuff because it works. We have all been brainwashed by these cosmetics companies to believe that we need 15 expensive products to make our skin smooth and beautiful. Again, WRONG. I bought this because I dried out my skin by using a lotion hair remover to get rid of some peach fuzz on my cheeks. Well, I learned my lesson and never again! My usual moisturizer wasn't cutting it to get rid of the dry flakes so I searched Makeup Alley and found this gem. THANK YOU to all of the Makeup Alley posters who steered me to this goldmine because I never would have thought to purchase it on my own. My skin is now smooth, soft and I paid under $5.00 for this at Walmart. Whoop!

I will now never be without this in my skin care arsenal. There is a reason this has been around for decades and there is a reason our Mama's and Grannies used this delicious pink goo...because it works!!!

Forget a $100.00 tub of La Mer and go buy this for under five bucks and see for yourself how soft and smooth your face will be. I also LOVE the retro packaging with the three ladies on the label. I makes me feel all warm and cozy when I see it and I think of my Mama and my Grannies when I see this tub sitting on my vanity. I just wish the tub was sealed or sealed in a box. Anybody can screw the lid off in the store and dip their grimy little fingers into it. I would gladly pay a few dollars more for this product if it were safety sealed. It may have been ok to distribute this product like this decades ago but we live in completely different times today. The two stars for the packaging is because it's not safety sealed.

I'm going to get a second tub to use as a body crème after my shower. Can you tell that I love this stuff? LOL.

I was hesitant to try this cream since I have oily and acne prone skin. However, I've found that it balances my skin so that it produces less oil and thus less acne. I love how soft my face feels afterwards. I apply the cream, rub it into my skin to remove all makeup then wash it off with a warm washcloth. I don't use any cleanser afterwards and sometimes add a layer of cream for extra hydration. I absolutely love the feeling of cleansing with this face cream and also love the results! The smell is comforting and retro although some may not care for it.

on 9/13/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This cold cream is fantastic and does an excellent job at removing sunscreen and makeup. I was getting clogged pores/break outs because my cleanser was not sufficient enough to remove everything off of my face. Once I started using this cold cream, my skin has started to clear up again and has become smoother/more radiant.

Each jar is ~$3-$4 and you get a HUGE amount. A jar can last someone for months even with daily use. The consistency is that of a light lotion and very easily spreadable. While working the product around the face, the product melts into an oil that removes all traces of sunscreen and base makeup. The scent is a mix of baby powder/roses so I would caution those who are sensitive to fragrances that it might be quite strong/irritating. Despite having sensitive, reactive, and acne-prone skin, I did not have any issues with the scent or any of the ingredients. It does sting a bit when it gets into the eyes though.

I like to use the cream as part of my double cleansing routine. I first go in with this cold cream to remove any sunscreen and makeup on my face and then follow up with my cleanser. Doing this ensures that I have a completely clean face. I never have any makeup show up on my cotton pad when I apply toner or Bioderma afterwards.

Overall, this is a holy grail product for me. It is an excellent cold cream formula that still resembles the original formulations of cold creams (minimal ingredients, inclusion of borax, etc.) that are hard to come by now. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for a cheap, effective makeup remover/cold cream. Can't rave enough about this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just bought this last night because my once combination skin is now really dry,and this really moisturizes my dry skin at a inexpensive price and it's a really big jar!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've tried several face creams, including Ponds, Noxzema, Queen Helena. All worked as expected, some greasier, some drier but Jergens works best for my skin. I love the smell, it has a pleasant consistency, not too thick, oily or watery, plus it always leaves my skin very soft. It can sting the eyes a little but I honestly don't mind, it melts away all makeup quickly. My skin is visibly clearer and more balanced since I started using this before bed. The tub is a little bit unhygienic if you dip with dirty hands, but I find using a small teaspoon is enough for the face. It's quite easy to get the product out, unlike Pond's uncomfortable jar, plus I love the retro look it has. Price is great and reasonable, I'll continue to buy and long as they don't tamper with the formula or stop making it.

on 2/15/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for about a week after switching from Ponds cold cream and I prefer Jergens. This really is my new HG cleanser and moisturizer and I will never go back to regular cleansers. I use this and Strivectin on my fine lines and my skin has never looked better!

I have been using this product for years now as my daily make-up removing cleanser and I love it. It is rich and creamy without being oily or slick. It takes off the heaviest eye makeup and water-proof mascara without irritating your eyes. It works much better than many of the high-price well-known brands. It also leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft.

The price is a frugal person's dream and you get a lot of product for your money. A jar will last me months.

I definitely recommend this product.