Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

3.4

on 1/24/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I use it all the time you do need lots of it for it to work lol
. My skin is normal (N15), slightly dry on occasion.

I've had equally good results using this over all of my concealers, which I switch around depending on my mood. Currently I use Cle de Peau concealer in Ivory, Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair, and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. For liquid concealers I make sure to let them set for a minute or two first before applying the powder. It's so lightweight and silky, extremely sheer, and thin so it doesn't look heavy at all. I use a synthetic fluffy brush to apply so it isn't packed on. The shimmer is subtle but if used heavily it does look more obvious. The powder itself is on the luminous side too, so it may be too much of an effect for those who like a matte quality in their makeup.
I haven't used this anywhere other than my undereye area, so the small size isn't an issue. I've had mine for about five months and it doesn't look like I've used much at all yet. But I think depending on how/where you use this will determine how fast you use up the jar. I think a similar effect can be achieved by other products, and any loose powder will probably do just as fine a job setting makeup, but I do like this and will keep purchasing. I'm a huge fan of light reflecting/glowy makeup and so this is right up my alley. Plus I like that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So far, this is one of the best powders I've tried for setting my concealer. I'm nc42 and use it in shade #2. It's finely milled and has very very fine shimmers that give a slight glow. The only way I can see the shimmer is in direct sunlight, and even then it is very faint, doesn't look like shimmer unless you look very closely. I don't notice a whole lotta brightening compared to a regular setting powder, it's a subtle effect. Overall the powder gets the job done and keeps my concealer in place. I will repurchase if I don't find something better. I've been using it for 4 months so far and still have a lot left so it will be a while before I'll need to search for something else.

on 1/17/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It is good and stays long but after using for a week I developed some dry rash. It made my skin very dry and itchy.

on 5/5/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought the #2 shade. I have very dark circles under my eyes and needed a powder that wouldn't make me look like I had a sunglasses tan! I use a little bit to set the concealer and I've noticed that it doesn't make the lines under your eyes stand out like other powders I've used. It actually hides them! Then I just use a darker powder over the top since the skin on my face is moderately tanned. I found it to be very expensive ($48 AUD) but I paid for it using a gift card so thought I may as well treat myself and buy some decent make-up! Didn't have the guilty feeling like I normally do when I pay with my own money lol. The packaging is decent but I have noticed that the powder can come out if you tip it on it's side. I may buy this product again. Have only had it for 1 week so will see how I go!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this powder makes any concealer work to the best of its ability. concealer may slightly stick in any little eye crevices, but not to the extent of other concealers. its a very natural finish, and you can use it on your nose as well for shinyness. Of course the packaging sucks, I'm never a fan of LM cases, but tap both sides, swirl on lid, and use each side of nbrush for each eye. I use the LM secret powder brush with this. love it!