OPI Bogota Blackberry

4.7

on 12/6/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A one coat wonder!!!
I was able to find this discontinued beautiful polish at TJMaxx. Where has Bogota Blackberry been all my life?! This polish is perfection!
A beautiful claret red with a slight shimmer, it meets all my requirements for a 5* polish. It has great texture, goes on smoothly, coverage is excellent, opacity is perfect. And the best news.......one coat is all I needed!! I hate 3 coats (usually throw them out), 2 is normal and one is heavenly! I put on a top coat of Seche Vite (for staying power) and I have the most beautiful manicure that took only minutes.
I hope I run across this again, I'll be checking eBay and amazon.
ETA: Bogota Blackberry has fabulous lasting power! I've worn this for a week without chips or peeling. The tips of the nails are showing some white now, but it's been a busy week. I couldn't have asked more from 2 coats of any other polish. I'm doing another manicure with BB, to last for another week! And if I do get a chip from abusing my nails, it will only take a few minutes to redo.
One coat and you are holiday ready, who could ask for more! It's also a great red for all year round.
BTW, I found it on eBay and ordered a backup.

on 10/29/2017 8:42:00 AM

Bogota Blackberry is a dark berry/burgundy shimmer polish. I can see why so many people like this polish - it looks classy on the nail.

The formula is great too. 2 coats gave me perfect coverage. It lasted well too.

It is very close to OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress, but BB has more of a berry undertone to it.

on 3/6/2015 11:19:00 PM

This is a beautiful, shimmering, deep reddish-plum polish. It's beautiful for evening, but it's mainstream enough to be okay for work too. The polish catches the light beautifully. It spreads easily and gives good coverage. There are definite pink undertones to this polish, so probably better suited to cool skin tones. This is one of my favorite classy colors, when I want my nails to look refined and elegant.

on 10/13/2014 7:36:00 AM

A gorgeous, shimmery, cool-toned deep red. Femme fatale red. Bond-girl in a casino red. I really hope the last reviewer is wrong about it being discontinued, this is my favourite toe colour.

on 8/25/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a shame this has been discontinued - the perfect shimmery claret polish which is timeless and will never date. My partner owns a gorgeous motorcycle with a deep claret/gold paint scheme this is the exact colour of what Kawaski calls 'candied wine' the most beautiful shimmery wine polish I have ever owned.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A beautiful shimmery plummy red or berry. Fine shimmer. Great for fall & winter, plenty of color, not overly glittery, so work appropriate. Beautiful with grey or black or navy outfits. I like it on toes, too. Very pretty, especially on cool-toned skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i love this color its a classic color without being boring or typical. its one of my favorite OPI colors and a great polish to wear in the fall or winter.

I really like this color, but not more than other reds. I don't think I would buy this again.

on 12/15/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really love this nail lacquer, it's the perfect red for my skin (pale with yellow undertones.) The slight shimmer also keeps it from looking boring, but it's by NO means a frost (yuck!) The deep berry doesn't come off as vampy for me, and I love how it almost seems to have a chocolate/maroon undertone. The pic above doesn't quite match the real life look of the polish, it's not really that pink. I only really wear this particular shade during the holidays... Sometimes I'll wear it on my toes, but it's primarily a holiday polish for me.

The polish itself applies great but I find two coats suits me, as all my OPI polishes seem to require two coats... Meh, it could be worse.

The only thing I'm not liking about OPI is the staying time, every time I polish my nails with an OPI polish I'm lucky to get 3 days without chipping... Sometimes chipping occurs the same day! Uugh! Perhaps OPI should think about perfecting their formula?

It is a lovely shade and it applies very nicely. Any streaking is corrected by the second coat. I'd definitely buy again, I just like the color so much!

Of all my OPI polishes, this one goes on the easiest and smoothest. Unlike some shimmery polishes, the brush strokes are not very visible - huge bonus. I get very even and opaque application with two coats. Very fast drying for me. And of course the colour is gorgeous!

Popular Polishes