4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 days ago

Bogota Blackberry is a deep red wine-berry color with beautiful shimmer. Makeup Alley's photograph is well on target. It looks classy and sophisticated and can go from day to night very easily. It applies like a dream, flowing from the brush without leaving streaks, and wears like iron. Also, it's NOT discontinued, able to be easily found and purchased from OPI's website or wherever OPI products are sold, for a reasonable price. It comes in three formulations too: the standard nail lacquer, Infinite Shine, and Gel. There's an important reason why Bogota Blackberry has been in OPI's collection since the early '90's: it looks good on a variety of skin tones. You just can't go wrong with this color.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

3.0

4 months ago

First, there's a lot to like about this polish. It's a beautiful, medium-to-medium-dark, purple-leaning wine shimmer. It's also potentially a one-coater, though I find I prefer two coats for full-depth of colour. It last as long as you'd normally expect from a shimmer by OPI, especially with a good top coat. So, yes, nice polish, overall. And there are some things I don't like. It tends to stain cuticles and possibly nails if you don't use a good quality base coat. It's a mess to remove, with red everywhere, no matter how careful you are. And on my pale, cool-toned complexion, sadly, something about the colour brings out all the red in my fingertips and gives me lobster hands so noticeable that even my husband picked up on it (and that is saying a great deal!). I read that Bogota Blackberry was similar to OPI's "I'm Not Really A Waitress", but a little more purple, and that's not a bad description (in case anyone else wants a comparison). But while INRAW works very well on me, BB just doesn't. I have no idea why. Just exactly the wrong shade for my skin's undertones, I guess. Sadly, this is going into my destash box, but I'm sure it will find a happy home with someone who can wear this purple-wine better than I can.

About reviewer (301 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

A one coat wonder!!! I was able to find this discontinued beautiful polish at TJMaxx. Where has Bogota Blackberry been all my life?! This polish is perfection! A beautiful claret red with a slight shimmer, it meets all my requirements for a 5* polish. It has great texture, goes on smoothly, coverage is excellent, opacity is perfect. And the best news.......one coat is all I needed!! I hate 3 coats (usually throw them out), 2 is normal and one is heavenly! I put on a top coat of Seche Vite (for staying power) and I have the most beautiful manicure that took only minutes. I hope I run across this again, I'll be checking eBay and amazon. ETA: Bogota Blackberry has fabulous lasting power! I've worn this for a week without chips or peeling. The tips of the nails are showing some white now, but it's been a busy week. I couldn't have asked more from 2 coats of any other polish. I'm doing another manicure with BB, to last for another week! And if I do get a chip from abusing my nails, it will only take a few minutes to redo. One coat and you are holiday ready, who could ask for more! It's also a great red for all year round. BTW, I found it on eBay and ordered a backup.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

2 years ago

Bogota Blackberry is a dark berry/burgundy shimmer polish. I can see why so many people like this polish - it looks classy on the nail. The formula is great too. 2 coats gave me perfect coverage. It lasted well too. It is very close to OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress, but BB has more of a berry undertone to it.

About reviewer (741 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

This is a beautiful, shimmering, deep reddish-plum polish. It's beautiful for evening, but it's mainstream enough to be okay for work too. The polish catches the light beautifully. It spreads easily and gives good coverage. There are definite pink undertones to this polish, so probably better suited to cool skin tones. This is one of my favorite classy colors, when I want my nails to look refined and elegant.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

A gorgeous, shimmery, cool-toned deep red. Femme fatale red. Bond-girl in a casino red. I really hope the last reviewer is wrong about it being discontinued, this is my favourite toe colour.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

6 years ago

Such a shame this has been discontinued - the perfect shimmery claret polish which is timeless and will never date. My partner owns a gorgeous motorcycle with a deep claret/gold paint scheme this is the exact colour of what Kawaski calls 'candied wine' the most beautiful shimmery wine polish I have ever owned.

About reviewer (500 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

7 years ago

A beautiful shimmery plummy red or berry. Fine shimmer. Great for fall & winter, plenty of color, not overly glittery, so work appropriate. Beautiful with grey or black or navy outfits. I like it on toes, too. Very pretty, especially on cool-toned skin.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

7 years ago

i love this color its a classic color without being boring or typical. its one of my favorite OPI colors and a great polish to wear in the fall or winter.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrunette

3.0

7 years ago

I really like this color, but not more than other reds. I don't think I would buy this again.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age19-24