MAC Cosmetics Frost - Bronze

MAC Cosmetics Frost - Bronze

4.6

on 5/22/2009 9:15:00 AM

This colour is amazing. It is very very pretty!

It is a true bronze - and the only one of this whole adorable Tempting/Sable/Honesty Lust/Antiqued/Twinks series, I can pull of. I am cool toned and look terrible with most warm colours around the eyearea - anything reddish, orange and most pinks make me look tired, sad and swollen. But Bronze is fine, when I am using a light hand or only in the crease. I consider it as warm/slightly warmer than Mulch and definitely warmer than Satin Taupe, but cooler than the shadows mentioned above. In the pan it appears warmer than on skin in my opinion.

The shimmer is sooo lovely! I think it is daytime and work appropiate (colour depth like Satin Taupe).

It is a frost. The texture is great and the colour payoff really good. You can layer it to a very metallic look (but that intesifies the red undertones too).

Yes it is a warm colour, but if you love those bronzy-golden colours, can't get away with reddish browns and want a brother for your Satin Taupe, give this a try anyway. Might work.
If you are warm-toned and into neutrals: What are you waiting for?? This is your colour!

on 1/15/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NW20's (or close) this is the brown/bronze color you have been trying to find! I went through Mulch (too red-emphasized dark under eye circles), Romp (ok, but boring and not doing much for my brown eyes), Woodwinked (too orange) and I was ready to give up. But my very insistant friend kept telling me I should try Bronze, it would be brilliant on my NW20 skin, brown eyes, black/brown hair. She was actually supposed to show me this, but she couldn't get away from a client at the time I was in her salon. So, since I had time, I just went to MAC for myself to try it. I wasn't sold right away, but then when the MA was telling me how gold it skewed, I was intrigued. Golds ROCK my brown eyes. Once I got home, it was a complete "aha" moment. The golden brown, with golden frost color doesn't make me look sick (it makes me look sexy), makes my brown eyes pop and gives me a gorgeous brown smokey eye look! If you have been burned with all the other colors I mentioned above, don't give up until you have given Bronze a chance.

on 3/9/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

You know those commercials. The ones with a sexy model wearing a sexy smile looking all sexy with her sexy smokey bronze eye. Well, this eyeshadow is about as close as you're gonna get. Shows up on my Indian skin tone, and although it probably doesn't have the same *pow* on me as it would on someone of a lighter complexion, I think it's great washed over the eye with some black liner for a fancier "everyday" eye. If you are my skin tone and want to go for more depth your might need a darker shade, as this shows up as a soft brown-bronze on me. However, I still love it, and will repurchase if needed, for that sexy smokey look that I can't seem to get otherwise. Hot car and contract with Gucci not included. Unfortunately.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ROP for swatches!!+

I deleted my previous review to rewrite. I have been using this eyeshadow for the past 2 1/2 years and though I sometimes stray I almost always come back to this shade as my go-to bronze. It is a beautiful frosty medium, warm bronze that works wonderfully as a crease shade with a lighter wash or all over the lid with a darker crease for a more dramatic look. It is a very versatile shade that can be worn day or night depending on what you pair it with. The pigmentation is great, with one or two swipes enough for full pigmentation that applies smoothly and evenly. It blends easily (but not too easily) with my trusty 217.

The bronze shade in the WnW Vanity palette is an exact dupe of this shade, but it is less pigmented and smooth and definitely requires more building up. However if you're on a budget the WnW palette will do the trick (I rec buying it mainly for the mattes).

with similar colors

compared to bronze from WnW Vanity
continued >>

Well I must rave about this color, I just recently bought it. I am a NW20 and use medium dark mineralize powder. I had always been wearing Tempting mainly in the summer and into fall mixed with Patina, but come winter I'm paler and the Tempting starts looking too dark for me. I wanted a shimmer bronze/brown and this Bronze is perfect! It looks beautiful now in the winter and will easily be a year round color in the same way I use Satin Taupe year round (which is my go to color). Bronze can be worn by itself, on top of Groundwork paint pot with Patina in the crease or even Wedge to tone it down a bit. Love it!

on 1/19/2014 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The girl at the counter recommended it to me, as I have slightly hooded lids. I was looking for a color combo that work with the hidden crease. She said, try just a darker color on the lid and recommended this. It turned out to be a good purchase. I have blue eyes, but I think it go well with brown or green eyes. It does look like a bronze and has a slight shimmer. The color is quite deep. MAC does have good quality shadows with better pigment and longevity than the many cheeper shadows I have tried and some not so cheap. I like the little pots and how the brush picks up the color. It's not so densely packed in that it's hard to get on the brush. Quads and palettes can be a pain as the colors smear and mix and fall out.

on 11/17/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a really nice colour and I like the texture, but I feel that it is an easy colour to find in a cheaper brand. I also have a similar colour in my Urban Decay Naked Palette - Smog. So spend your money on the colours that are more unique and wind a bronzy eyeshadow elsewhere.
Re-edit: I find that I cannot wear this colour in my crease as it turns a bit when you blend it out a lot.
(Note: I am NC25-30)
Re-edit: Love this colour again, over Soft Ochre paint pot it doesn't turn reddish on me. Also, UD Smog is more of a golden Bronze, whereas MAC Bronze is more of a reddish bronze. I like both and use both regularly for different looks.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is my favorite eyeshadow. I wear this color with almost everything. It looks great with Star Violet, coppering or nylon. I am now using it with the eyeshadows from the Peacocky Collection (January 2011) This color is very pigmented and looks good on me.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i really felt the need to review Bronze, because i bought this during a MAC starter kit type purchase. i figured that it was a boring colour, but would be useful and a good intro to MAC eyeshadows. i actually hit pan on this without even barely noticing! even since my MAC eyeshadow collection has grown, this has still remained an unconscious favourite and now it's nearly out!
Bronze is actually very special, because it is a true, spot on, buttery bronze. not too orange, not too burgundy. just bronze. it's very basic and very beautiful. i enjoy using it with 'Indianwood' paint pot, and as a crease colour. for a long time i also just used this with 'Bare Study' paint pot as a contour and crease colour for days when i was in a super rush and it really did the trick. this is also just great for intensifying any golden colours and giving them more dimension and definition.
Bronze also really enriches my brown eyes and makes the brown in them almost match the eyeshadow!
very versatile, beautiful staple.

on 7/14/2010 12:49:00 PM

Beautiful! I'm a simple "light-wash-of-color" kind of gal, and this is absolutely lovely used that way (and works great for more dramatic uses too, I'm sure). It would be very easy to overdo it since this is highly pigmented and frosty, but with a light hand it works great for my needs. A true winner! I think this color would look wonderful with every eye color (mine are green and they pop with this). For the record, I also feel this way about my beloved Satin Taupe (light wash-of-color, etc).