Klorane Strengthening shampoo with quinine and B vitamins

Klorane Strengthening shampoo with quinine and B vitamins

3.0

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cinchona Succirubra Bark Extract (Cinchona Succirubra), Biotin (Vitamin H), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Butylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium 22, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Pyridoxine HCl, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005)

on 5/12/2016 12:47:00 PM

I dislike the scent of this shampoo and the fact that it doesn't lather properly.

on 5/7/2016 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've bought this from the drugstore and it is really nice! It leaves my hair fresh and smooth, and makes my hair shiny from the former dull state that hair usually is. I like a lot the formula and along the nice scent, is easy to rinse off (not really foamy, though) and it doesn't have a lot of hurting chemical products.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/11/2015 12:29:00 PM

I've just bought it. I have very thin hair that fallts out lately more than expected due to stress. I hope it works well for me. I have to say though that I read some negative reviews and I am a little bit afraid to use it now. :/

on 5/17/2015 11:49:00 AM

To my absolute horror, it increases my hair fall a lot after each wash. At first, i thought maybe i think too much even though i have seen more hair fall on the floor and reckon that no shampoo would make your hair fall till you get bald. However, the thinning of my hair accelerated with this shampoo. I forgot how many times i used this shampoo before i stopped, maybe less than 10. When i noticed suddenly the part of my scalp especially in the parting showed more obviously, i stopped (i wished i stopped sooner).

Once i stopped, the number of my hair falling is back to normal. I couldn't imagine if i use more, i would become more bald. What is infuriating is that i was buying a hair loss product but it made it much worse.

Please do everyone else a favour, get the products off the shelves. This is much worse than a product that does nothing, it thins our hair further. Something is wrong with this product. Tell the company to do more research.

on 3/22/2015 3:01:00 PM

My pharmacist recommended this product to me after I noticed my hair was thinning due to season change. After using it twice I notices that it did strengthen my roots and decreased hair loss, but it also dried out my scalp. My scalp is usually very oily and the dryness of this prodyct actually made my head produce even more oil to replace the loss.

on 8/25/2014 10:47:00 PM

I was not experiencing serious hairfall but bought it more for prevention and because I read excellent reviews from most people who've tried it. However, a short while after I started using it, I notice a bit more of my hair falling out than usual. I tried to convince myself that it is normal to lose some hair and still used the shampoo. After some months, I definitely notice more hair falling out when I'm in the shower, brushing my hair, or some strands would even fall when i'm simply walking around! Then I went online and checked out the few negative reviews on this product, where they experience the same thing as me, having more hair fall after using this shampoo.

So while this shampoo might work effectively for many people, it looks like there's a minority group where it actually have the opposite effect on us and cause more hair fall. I feel that the shampoo is too strong for me in some way, I feel stinging sensation on my scalp after using it. Maybe because I have fine, sensitive hair.

on 4/19/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a decent shampoo for my fine long hair. Despite being somewhat watery in consistency, it lathers well and my hair seems to shed less. However, I absolutely cannot stand the scent! It smells like cheap men's cologne. I tried to pass this off to my bf since it supposedly helps stimulate hair regrowth but even he couldn't stand the scent. I guess it depends in your tolerance for scents but I don't have any issues with the scents of other Klorane products I've used.

Used in conjunction with the quinine balm, my hair is shiny, soft and bouncy. However, both products are equally strongly scented and the smell lasts all day. If the scent were changed or eliminated, I'd consider repurchasing products from this line.

on 10/5/2013 10:32:00 PM

I quite like this shampoo, I haven't noticed anything drastic in reducing my shedding but I like the scent. Although it barely lathers, my hair still feels clean afterwards and doesn't feel like my hair is weighed down. I use about 1-2tsp of product and wash my hair 2-3 times a week (i used to wash it everyday but I didn't want to continually strip my hair of its oils) so one bottle lasts me over a month.

on 8/20/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this for my husband a while back as it's meant to be strengthening and for thinning hair. His hair is thinning a bit in the back but it's not really noticeable (yet). He's very concerned about trying to maintain the strength and condition of his hair to prevent hair loss as much as possible. Much to our surprise, this actually made his hair fall out. It was so bad even his barber noticed and commented on it. He stopped using it and now, several months later, it is back to the thickness it was before using this shampoo. I have had mixed experiences with Klorane and will add other reviews about their products, but my feeling is that this particular shampoo was probably too harsh and drying, making the hair brittle and to break off. Personally I didn't use it but I found the smell horrible.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product does what it says it will - I found it did cut back (significantly) on hair lost in the shower, and also breakage. I don't have a problem with hair loss - but I have had problems with breakage, so thought this might help. I find that it also gives me more volume. I think the smell might put people off - but I like it. It's just kind of masculine, which makes sense since I could see men looking for a shampoo to prevent hair loss. I found it gentle and very easy on my hair.

Popular Shampoos