MAC Lustre - Tempting

MAC Lustre - Tempting
Lustre - TemptingLustre - TemptingLustre - TemptingTemptingMAC

4.6

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxeyethanol. May contain: silica mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, red 40 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a wonderful rich golden brown colour with slightly what I would call complex sparkle. i have a cle de peauquad in stellar gaze, and this is almost a perfect match for my favourite colour in it. I used to useTHAT every day, now i use this. I REALLY love it, with purples and pinks.

A nice, subtle crease colour for every day. I like it with Retrospeck on the lid. Both are lustres, so don't expect much in terms of either staying power or pigmentation. You'll also have to blend out again during the day, even if you use a primer, which is why I took off one lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I should have gotten Tempting a long time ago because it's such a versatile colour. It's perfect as an all over wash of colour on the lids or to enhance with other shades.
I love pairing it with Armani's #11 cold copper eye tint or with Charlotte Tilbury's Marie Antoinette cream shadow.
MAC's website describes the shade as a rich coco. I'd say it's warm soft golden bronze. I can't wear anything too yellow based as it makes me look sallow.

I avoid anything too shimmery or frosty (not flattering on my mature lids) and Tempting has a nice, soft shimmer.
It's not the most pigmented of shadows out there (especially in MAC's collection) and I find it works best with cream or liquid eyeshadows the best.

If you're keen on neutral eye shades, don't overlook Tempting.

on 5/28/2016 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I LOVE tempting! It is the perfect shade to brighten up my brown eyes, I am looking into purchasing my second shadow of this color :) If you are a beginner in makeup, this shade is awesome! To me, it is very high quality and very pigmented! Well worth the money, I have not yet found a MAC product yet that I am dissatisfied with! I bought the eye shadows from MAC: tempting, brown down, embark, and a pigment: vanilla. They are all outstanding to say the least and although it may look like a lot of money to spend, they last foreeverrrrr!

on 1/10/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MAC eye shadows, extensive and expensive. At 13 individually or 10 refills they're pricey, but you can make your own palette which is brilliant cos let's face it, we've all got a few palettes with a couple of untouched 'horrid' colours still lurking around haven't we.

So my kit is a 4 space pro-palette (which you can change up whenever you want, they're just held in with magnets) with:

Honey Lust lustre- yummy super shimmery rose gold colour, NOT for daytime!! But perfect for a night out because the colour is still fairly neutral so it stops it from looking gaudy.

Soba- a darker, more golden beige, fab for contouring and to add definition.

Era- a lovely light pearly-beige colour, great for all over the eye as a base or on its own.

Typographic- a highly pigmented matt black, easy to blend, perfect for a dramatic eye.

*TIP try smudging soba into black kohl liner along the lash line for a light smokey eye, perfect for a sultry daytime look that's not too ott
Xx

Because Tempting is a Lustre, it seems to me that it isn't so much a true colour, but more of a shade thats made up by lots of sparkles. Tempting is a warm bronzey dark gold with of course, tons of sparkles. This is a really beautiful shade, but there is a LITTLE fall out, and in my case, doesn't provide much definition to my eyes because of the shine. That's why I wear it over MAC Quite Natural paint pot, to really pull out that brown and make it work for me as an all over smokey lid colour. Any dark brown base would work for this purpose!
I would not repurchase Tempting, because it's not a colour I can just throw on by its self and be happy with the final result.

Oh my dog I love this shadow. Thought it would be too frosty but as a Luster it is perfect. If you burnish this with a brush it comes up beautifully shiny. Have to add that this brightens and ups the amp of my blue/green eyes like no other shadow.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My HG brown eyeshadow (and I have a LOT of brown eyeshadows). I don't know what it is about this one, but it's just the perfect brown on me. I'm PPP/neutral and have had every hair color from black to golden blonde in the few years I've had this eyeshadow, and it always looks great. It also looks great when used as an eyeliner. I always thought of it as "dark brown" on my super pale skin, but I suppose that it's actually a shimmery medium brown. I have Naked 2 and a whole lot of other brown eyeshadows, but this one really looks the best.

I love this shadow for the lower lashline. It is not too dark or too light and it defines my eyes. It's great for everyday use.
I also love how shimmery this is, so with a dark base, it creates the most gorgeous smokey eye.

on 3/27/2014 3:24:00 PM

For my coloring (NC20-25, hazel eyes), this is the perfect 'everyday' shimmery light brown shade. Totally work appropriate when worn with a light brown or mustardy brown in the crease. I like pairing it with uninterrupted or texture to blend out/deepen up the crease. It looks super shimmery in the pan but it doesn't transfer to the eyes.

Lovely pigmentation, texture and blendability.