Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

3.6

on 12/13/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not for me, sorry - too spicy and evocative of another (older) era. Too "old lady" for me. Amber, musk?? Something too animal-based for me.

on 3/31/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first loved this when I was in high school! It wasn't so much one I wore but I probably borrowed it from my mom or one of my sisters. I bought it occasionally through the years and have had the same bottle stored in my "perfume stash" for a long time.
I've been wearing it so much lately that I am probably going to have to purchase a new bottle soon. This same bottle I've been using has lasted me literally years! It's funny how you can come to appreciate something after so long.
I do love the powdery dry down of this and many fragrances. I am a powder-ho when it comes to scent. I love the rich resinous smell of Timeless around the sprayer but when I first apply it that only lasts a brief few moments. I keep sniffing the sprayer to get that full bodied aroma. For me the payoff of Timeless is after wearing it all day and then even this morning as I type this review I can smell the warm snuggly softness of it.
I have the body cream in the jar and the talc also. It a very pretty scent if you like powdery or oriental type fragrances. I love Shalimar and own it in EDT. I like wearing it but I don't consider Timeless and Shalimar to be reminiscent of the same scent. Both are beautiful in their own right.

I have been wanting to re-write my review of this fragrance for a long time. I based my first review on a single test of this fragrance, and although my first impression was positive, now that I own the fragrance and have used it more...well, I just feel I have more to say about it.

I've been reading all other reviews for this perfume, I agree with the reviewers who say it's not for everyone, it's a "personal taste" fragrance. I can't list notes, as my nose simply lacks the training for that, but I do know this fragrance is classified as a chypre. I just recently became interested in chypre fragrances, so please excuse my lack of knowledge about them.

There are chypres and chypres. There is Aromatics Elixir, which is beautiful, but maybe a bit too "rich old lady driving her Mercedes" as my sister would say. AE is also very stong and potent, so, yeah, it's one of those fragrances that upsets people. Then there's Paloma Picasso, which is the fragrance equivalent to pointy black stilettos and sexy lingerie. Then there's Miss Dior, which is all pretty pearls and bows. Miss Dior is the type of chypre I like, pretty creamy florals and some mossy woods. Miss Dior is pure beauty, but I find the top notes are sometimes a bit to sharp for my chemistry.

Timeless reminds me of Miss Dior. Timeless is pretty, creamy florals and mossy woods. It also has a hint of spices and smoke, but nothing over the top.Timeless is lighter, softer and more mellow than Miss Dior. This is a very wearable, pretty chypre, for starters, like myself, or for anyone that likes their chypres on the floral side.

Timeless brings to my mind images of Catherine Deneuve back in the 60's, when she wore her pretty, pretty YSL dresses, black Roger Vivier shoes and wore her hair half up. This fragrance is that kind of pretty. Some may call it old fashioned. But I call it Timeless.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This and Sweet Honesty are my favourite Avon fragrances of all time. I love the bottle and I just added one to my Avon order because it was $8.99CAD! I took off one lippie just because sometimes it smells a little harsh. I love wearing Timeless to high end places. Someone always compliments me on my fragrance saying something like "is that Serge Lutens? It is a Lutens isn't it, I just know it." I can't tell you how funny it is when I tell them it's Timeless. The look of shock, the grimace, and then they move away from me. LOL!

on 6/13/2005 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was so intrigued by the reviews that I bought some. BLEECH, soured baby powder and old perfume smell. I did NOT smell the Amber or light florals. I did remember that someone in HS had this once I smelled it. Just not for me.

Popular Fragrances