3.6

$9.00 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

9 months ago

Essie is quite expensive and contains the toxic “formaldehyde releases” I did two perfect coats and it chipped in less than 8 hours. Will never buy again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

Hi Maintenance Perfect neutral pink/nude! Makes my nails look fresh from the salon. Has a cooler base. Slightly opaque. Can be built up. Goes on evenly. Dries with a gel like shine. I wear this when I need something understated and classy. If you have longer tips, this can give an American manicure effect. Perfect polish to leave on for a week or two. I love that Essie never stains my nails and never chips.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

I have this in the "angora cardi" shade, which is a beautiful deep burgundy mauve. The brush is not great but I love the shade. Covered nicely in 2 coats and I used my favorite Wet n Wild Megalast hard as ice as a top coat. Nice professional look for winter.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

2.0

a year ago

Just okay. Not impressed with how the polish looks once dried nor with its staying power. I’ve bought polishes which are a lot less expensive that give much better results than this one. Can not recommend this and will not be repurchasing it again!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

a year ago

This review is for the color and care product. Fail, this is making my nails peel. I have natural nails that I have to trim to keep to an active length. My nails usually do not peel or shred on the side and I type all day, garden, do house work etc. Tip since I bought a glass nail file the condition of my nails has greatly improved. Ulta $10 well spent. I have the pink and purple ones. This polish, I bought the blue lavender color, two coats, very sheer nice tint and a little bit of luminescence. I really like the color. Wear is not so great, edges wore off on second day, by third day two of my nails were peeling. As I really liked the color I gave it another chance next manicure, Sunday night manicure and this time I used a base coat under. More peeling. This is Wednesday and I will be taking this polish off tonight and replacing with Vanity Fairest or similar. Also if you have any ridges in your nails this will not be enough of a filler product to protect your nails.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

They are overprice, but there are pros/cons of this nail polish, once I put on the baseocat, nailpolish, and the topcoat my nails have lasted 7days without touch-up. But I like ballet slipper, sea level and a few others are nice. But nail polish you have to try on to see what colors works and how it goes on. I do like that Essie has the mini size and if you go to HSN you can get the 4ct mini from $12.99 to $18.00 to try.And Macys carry them too. No polish I don't care how little or how much you spend on them there are pros/cons with all of them. But that being said for me I like Essie and the colors they have.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairSilver

2 years ago

I love these. Amazing variety of colors and some of the best quality polishes I've used. Will always repurchase.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Essie Nail Polishes come in a variety of shades and colors with very cute and creative names. However, that's about the only upside to this nail polish line. I have tried three or four different shades and had the same results with all of them. They go on very streaky with dragging and pulling and require at least three coats to even out color. I love the shape of the bottle, however, the brush was very thin and hard to work with. These polishes, IMO, are highly over-priced (8.50+) for what amounts to a drug store polish result. TBH, I've had better results with some cheaper drug store lines. Therefore, I will not be buying Essie again and would not recommend it. For the price I'd recommend OPI or Zoya.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

from

2 years ago

Good colours dries quickly very thin, requiring at least three coats

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Cheap quality, chips within a day, grossly overpriced. I don't understand why this polish is so expensive when the quality is sub par. Cute names and a pretty pallet does not make up for it. Even New York Color nail polish is better quality than this and for a fraction of the price. I recommend OPI or Zoya.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age36-43