Essie Nail Polish

Essie Nail Polish
Nail Polish

3.6

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Camphor, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Diacetone Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone-1, Alumina,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Dimethicone; May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 6 Lake, CI 15880 / Red 34, CI 77266 / Black 2, CI 73360 / Red 30 Lake, CI 75170 / Guanine, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake (D44247/1).

on 5/29/2018 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

They are overprice, but there are pros/cons of this nail polish, once I put on the baseocat, nailpolish, and the topcoat my nails have lasted 7days without touch-up. But I like ballet slipper, sea level and a few others are nice. But nail polish you have to try on to see what colors works and how it goes on. I do like that Essie has the mini size and if you go to HSN you can get the 4ct mini from $12.99 to $18.00 to try.And Macys carry them too. No polish I don't care how little or how much you spend on them there are pros/cons with all of them. But that being said for me I like Essie and the colors they have.

on 4/12/2018 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love these. Amazing variety of colors and some of the best quality polishes I've used. Will always repurchase.

on 3/11/2018 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Essie Nail Polishes come in a variety of shades and colors with very cute and creative names. However, that's about the only upside to this nail polish line. I have tried three or four different shades and had the same results with all of them. They go on very streaky with dragging and pulling and require at least three coats to even out color. I love the shape of the bottle, however, the brush was very thin and hard to work with. These polishes, IMO, are highly over-priced (8.50+) for what amounts to a drug store polish result. TBH, I've had better results with some cheaper drug store lines. Therefore, I will not be buying Essie again and would not recommend it. For the price I'd recommend OPI or Zoya.

on 10/16/2017 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Good colours
dries quickly
very thin, requiring at least three coats

on 9/18/2017 9:06:00 PM

Cheap quality, chips within a day, grossly overpriced. I don't understand why this polish is so expensive when the quality is sub par. Cute names and a pretty pallet does not make up for it. Even New York Color nail polish is better quality than this and for a fraction of the price. I recommend OPI or Zoya.

Ever since L'Oréal bought Essie the quality sucks. When I learned L'Oréal bought Essie I was excited since I like L'Oréal products. Well whatever they did to it totally changed it. It doesn't go on like the old Essie. It chips within a day, the old Essie would last 8-10 days before it chipped. It streaks horribly. No matter what you do; base coat, top coat, even Essie's Gel Setter top coat (which also sucks), nothing makes it last. I've found OPI and China Glaze are much better products if you want to splurge on polish. For Essie (the creator, yes that's her name for those who don't know) to be so proud with her catchy polish names and cute phrases on their displays is a joke. I would be embarrassed if I were her that a product she created is now crap. OPI and China Glaze is the way to go!!!!

on 6/5/2017 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Always the best I love Clambake and Fifth Avenue, they apply evening and don't ever clump!! Chip free for at least 3-5 days then the brush is so easy to touch up the tip of the nail which is usually the part that chips.

I also love Mademoiselle for every day, but find Ballet Slippers to be too white when I apply 2-3 coats. I always bring my nail polish to the beauty parlor so I can touch up and let me manicure last for weeks! Good tip!

on 5/23/2017 10:08:00 PM

I was a huge fan of this polish but no longer. I'd rather buy some old Opi or Wet n Wild at the Dollar store. The last two I bought go on streaky and clumpy and take many coats which then take forever to dry. Not worth the $$. Colours were Bikini So Teeny and Candy Apple.

on 5/2/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Overrated products. Very streaky finish unfortunately...

This is pathetic. I have three essie nail polishes, one from a while ago and 2 new ones. Quite frankly they all suck. I thought maybe the older one was a dud so i tried their polishes again. They chip in slightly over a day (even with top coat and basecoat), they all need THREE coats, and it's impossible to apply them evenly. I've NEVER had this problem with OPI, (smooth application with one coat, full opacity 2 coats) and I assumed since they're both expensive essie would at least come close. If you wanna pay for the cute names and brand go ahead, but it sucks and sally hansen is definitely better and cheaper.

Popular Polishes