Essie Nail Polish

Essie Nail Polish

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Somehow Essie nail polishes do not work for me. One and half day without chipping is my maximum wear length. The brush is too thin for a flawless application and the polish itself dries too fast in the bottle. I don't get the hype about them. 😳

I've had this nail polish since June in the shade forever yummy. It's a beautiful classical red shade. If I apply 2 coats it lasts around a week, but the coats have to be really thin. It also dries really fast, and the price isn't unreasonable. I got this for $9 at target, and I use this all the time. It's my go to color. I've had it since June and I still have 3 quarters of it left. It's December now! I've went for more expensive brands like Chanel and butter London before but this Essie one is so much better and more affordable. Guys, don't spend $30 of more on a nail polish when you can get a better one for less than half the price. I am getting all my girly friends, sisters, and aunties some Essie nail polish for Christmas! Now if you'd excuse me, I've got some nail painting to do💅🏽💅🏽💅🏽👄👄😱😱😱😍😍😘

I love the colours of Essie but they get stringly and sticky so quick!!! I have so many kinds but I think I am done buying Essie. Not a good quality for the price I pay! I'm very disappointed:(

on 10/8/2016 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried Essie for the first time last week. My experience was not good.

First try: After thoroughly cleaning my bare nails, I applied Essie All in One base coat. To that, I applied the nail polish. It was streaky so I applied one more coat. I let the polish dry for over an hour before applying the All in One top coat. A few hours later, I went to bed. I woke up in the morning with fabric imprints on my nails. Ugh.

Second try: I used Seche Ridge Filling base coat. No streaks this time. I topped it off with the Essie All in One. This time, I let the polish dry for literally hours. After all that, the polish stayed on my nails for 7 days without any chipping.

Conclusion: This product is perfect if you are on house arrest and cannot go anywhere for a long time because that's how long it takes to dry.

I will not buy again.

**UPDATE 11/11/2016**

I substituted the Essie All in One Top Coat with the Seche Top Coat and it made all the difference! Everything dried in 30 minutes and I woke up with shiny nails!

**UPDATE 12/12/16**

I changed my prep routine and the Essie polish lasted 9 days without any chips or shrinkage. I think it could have gone longer but my nails grew out.

1) I used a fine grit sanding block to smooth out my bare nail.
2) Used OPI Bondex
3) Applied 2 coats of Essie
4) Applied 1 coat of Essie Gel Couture top coat
5) Touched up once with 1 coat of OTD.

My HG nail polish. I own about 15 shades (including: sole mate, wicked, sexy divide, clambake, spaghetti strap, where's my chauffeur, mink muffs, aruba blue, lights, bottle service, go overboard, bachelorette bash, in stitches). That alone tells how much I love Essie's nail polishes. They're opaque, long lasting, apply evenly, don't chip fast (I always use Essie's top coat). There may be difference between shades in terms of opacity. The bottle is simple and pretty, the brush is not too wide, but also not too thin. My favorite.

on 8/19/2016 7:54:00 PM

I've tried for the last 3 hours to apply this smoothly to my toenail... It's still a mess. This formula is thin and runny and after three coats (letting each dry for aaaaages) it's still looking awful and I'm giving up now. What a waste on money!

on 8/18/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

They last for such a short time, even when I paint my nails with gel underneath first. I can maybe get through 1 day without chips, peeling, etc. Probably not worth the investment because they're kinda expensive and I can go through 1 bottle in a couple of months. LOVE essie colors! So delicate and soft. My absolute favorite nail colors but OPI goes on and stays on MUCH better!

on 8/14/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Essie because I tend to wear sheer colors and their sheers are pretty much the only ones I can put on without having splotchy, streaky nails. I have found that using Revlon's Gel Smooth base coat makes the Essie polish go on even better. I don't have perfect nails and even have some ridges that tend to make sheers look bad. However, after some serious buffing I painted mine last night with the Revlon base, Essie polish and Essie Gel setter and they look absolutely perfect. I do have to do a third coat with darker colors but because I prefer sheers and theirs perform so well, I'm giving this 5 stars.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

After biting my nails for years,I finally quit.Needless to say,I am a novice at this.I only use OPI and Essie polishes.Essie is a very fantastic polish.It goes on smooth and rarely streaks.Also quick drying.I do always use a quick dry top coat.So many beautiful colors to choose from I definitely will be buying more colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Expensive nail polish with terrible staying power. I have prepped my nails by buffing, using base coats, not using base coats, and cleaning with strong alcohol solution, but Essie polish chips easily and peels off in sheets. I have even used Essie gel setter and Sally Hansen traditional gel coats, but I still get no more than 2-3 days wear. Colors are beautiful, and the polish levels very nicely. If only it would last!

Popular Polishes