Essie Nail Polish

Essie Nail Polish
Nail Polish

3.6

Ever since L'Oréal bought Essie the quality sucks. When I learned L'Oréal bought Essie I was excited since I like L'Oréal products. Well whatever they did to it totally changed it. It doesn't go on like the old Essie. It chips within a day, the old Essie would last 8-10 days before it chipped. It streaks horribly. No matter what you do; base coat, top coat, even Essie's Gel Setter top coat (which also sucks), nothing makes it last. I've found OPI and China Glaze are much better products if you want to splurge on polish. For Essie (the creator, yes that's her name for those who don't know) to be so proud with her catchy polish names and cute phrases on their displays is a joke. I would be embarrassed if I were her that a product she created is now crap. OPI and China Glaze is the way to go!!!!

on 6/5/2017 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Always the best I love Clambake and Fifth Avenue, they apply evening and don't ever clump!! Chip free for at least 3-5 days then the brush is so easy to touch up the tip of the nail which is usually the part that chips.

I also love Mademoiselle for every day, but find Ballet Slippers to be too white when I apply 2-3 coats. I always bring my nail polish to the beauty parlor so I can touch up and let me manicure last for weeks! Good tip!

on 5/23/2017 10:08:00 PM

I was a huge fan of this polish but no longer. I'd rather buy some old Opi or Wet n Wild at the Dollar store. The last two I bought go on streaky and clumpy and take many coats which then take forever to dry. Not worth the $$. Colours were Bikini So Teeny and Candy Apple.

on 5/2/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Overrated products. Very streaky finish unfortunately...

This is pathetic. I have three essie nail polishes, one from a while ago and 2 new ones. Quite frankly they all suck. I thought maybe the older one was a dud so i tried their polishes again. They chip in slightly over a day (even with top coat and basecoat), they all need THREE coats, and it's impossible to apply them evenly. I've NEVER had this problem with OPI, (smooth application with one coat, full opacity 2 coats) and I assumed since they're both expensive essie would at least come close. If you wanna pay for the cute names and brand go ahead, but it sucks and sally hansen is definitely better and cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not worth the price! Wasted money! Especially after finding one dollar polishes that were better quality.

on 3/9/2017 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was hooked on Essie Aruba Blue nail polish and nothing else would satisfy, then the last two bottles I bought were a joke! The must have cheapened the ingredients in their formula because it chips off the very next day! I cannot believe I paid over $10.00 for this polish - You would think it came from the 99 Cents Store! They need to change back their formula to what it use to be 6 months ago because if they don't, I won't be buying it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Somehow Essie nail polishes do not work for me. One and half day without chipping is my maximum wear length. The brush is too thin for a flawless application and the polish itself dries too fast in the bottle. I don't get the hype about them. 😳

I've had this nail polish since June in the shade forever yummy. It's a beautiful classical red shade. If I apply 2 coats it lasts around a week, but the coats have to be really thin. It also dries really fast, and the price isn't unreasonable. I got this for $9 at target, and I use this all the time. It's my go to color. I've had it since June and I still have 3 quarters of it left. It's December now! I've went for more expensive brands like Chanel and butter London before but this Essie one is so much better and more affordable. Guys, don't spend $30 of more on a nail polish when you can get a better one for less than half the price. I am getting all my girly friends, sisters, and aunties some Essie nail polish for Christmas! Now if you'd excuse me, I've got some nail painting to do💅🏽💅🏽💅🏽👄👄😱😱😱😍😍😘

I love the colours of Essie but they get stringly and sticky so quick!!! I have so many kinds but I think I am done buying Essie. Not a good quality for the price I pay! I'm very disappointed:(

Popular Polishes