Avon Haiku Perfume

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Writing this review is sad:-( i have purchased this scent for years, to have my people be amazed when I told them I was wearing Avon. Since I normally order numerous bottles at a time, it had been 18 months since I ordered. The perfume I received is not the same.
Now I should not be shocked, I had already experienced this with Far Away..
Avon's quality has gone down TREMENDOUSLY- while the price has gone up FORTUNATELY

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I buy this as a set (shower gel, body lotion, perfume and sometimes either deodorant or body powder) for usually 9.99 for ALL of the items. The scent is very strong at first but it smells so fresh and clean. Lilies and green tea are what I think of with maybe a hint of green grass or citrus. I can't pinpoint it but it smells clean and fresh. It's not overpowering. I have worn it to work in a hospital and have never gotten complaints. It does have a nice dry down. And it lasts pretty well for an Avon perfume. It reminds me of the types of perfume that Estée Lauder White Linen or philosophy's pure grace would be listed as. Clean, soapy, fresh. Personally I hate White Linen but this one is nice!

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because my mom, who I lost almost 2 years ago, liked this. So, mainly for sentimental value and memories. Although the scent itself is 'just fine' for me. It is clean, light, fresh, a great spring and summertime scent (especially great for the hot and humid weather that we have here in the Summer). I think this is predominantly a daytime scent, but could be worn at nighttime, too. Should be okay to wear in the workplace or school, provided no one there has any allergies or asthma, that sort of thing. However, the lasting power for me is not really there, and the dry down can sometimes smell kind of foul. I do not even apply this directly to skin but rather I spray it and 'walk into' the scent, so it gets mainly on my clothes, not so much on my skin.

Fragrantica.com has the main accords listed as:
white floral
floral
citrus
woody
fresh

I kind of disagree with this. I think white floral/floral is not the main accord. Definitely a citrus type accord. And there is a definite muskiness in the background. Definitely has a green tea smell to it as well, so if you or those around you do not like the smell of green tea, you may not want to try this. Also it can be overpowering, especially when first applied. I think this is one of those perfumes that can be headache-inducing, so again, I would be careful of those worn this around.

All in all it is okay, not something I would repurchase and by no means something I want to wear daily. But for those who love this scent, great.Fragrance is so personal and for me this just is not a fave. And in hindsight I think mom just bought it because of a pushy Avon sales lady pushing it on her when it first came out all those years ago, LOL.. :) xx

If this works for you- it really is an amazing value! I bought this based on the raving reviews on Avon.com and here but this ones WAY too masculine on me. I was hoping it'd be clean & fresh. It has great lasting power too....:( Scrubbed my arms 4x in the shower & I still smell it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Mom gave me this as a present today. Such a pleasant surprise! The set has the perfume, lotion and shower gel, and all three have a generous amount. She told me I didn't have to be concerned because it was not expensive at all.
The smell of the fragrance is just super FRESH, there is no other way to describe it. There is no warmth; just fresh grass and lemon. There are no wooden or sweet notes at all that I can detect. Just a pleasant fresh scent perfect for every day. Normally I grow tired of scents like these, I prefer dark musky heavy sweet scents, but this is an exception. Reminds me a little of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume; but this one is better for my taste.
Avon has many fragrances reminiscent of my youth, so this one is just great as well. Definitely worth checking out.

I have reordered this at least 4 times. It is so summery and very floral. I am not great at describing actual notes, but this has no spice or warmth, just pure floral scents.
Being so inexpensive, to me this is a pefect everyday, not doing anything special perfume. You know those days that take you to the grocery, dollar store, or Petco, then home to exercise or clean!
But I want to give it credit, my teenage daughter wears it at times, and I smell it on her. It is magical. Hundreds of times better than her preferred Viva la juicy.
Like wise my other teenage daughter wears Rare Gold, it also smells so beautiful on her.
So these low cost Avon fragrances deserve consideration. Even if it is to stretch out having to repurchase your favorite high end scent.
Last night I repurchased a 3 piece set for 12.99$ ..it can't be beat!
Edit****
I recieved the bottles of Haiku that I mentioned in the comment above, and have to back to edit my comment because the perfume is different. Ok, now it is very close to my previous bottles but there a difference. It smells cheaper, more like a drugstore body spray. The smell now matches the price.
Obviously, the formula was altered I will not repurchase anytime in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Smells goooood:)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this fragrance

Great spring/summer scent. I layer it with the shower gel and lotion and it last most of the day. Price is great.

Avon's Haiku smells even better today, to me, than it did years ago. I now detect the creamy fig and sandalwood notes, which smooth out the sharper citrus and green tea ones. In fact, I remember that the Haiku that I wore back in high school was a much sharper grapefruit-green tea scent, and it did not have much else going on. Well, that doesn't matter, because the Haiku on the market now smells amazing! Now, I am not claiming that the formula has been changed; I am simply stating that it smells different to me now than it did back in high school.

Haiku opens with fresh, white jasmine petals; this is definitely not a sweet jasmine sambac scent. Within minutes, I can smell the sweet and fresh green tea note. As the minutes wear on, there is a delicious, creamy coconut-y quality which results from the perfect blend of sweet fig and sandalwood. Absolutely beautiful! I like to use mine with the matching body wash, moisturizer, and body powder in areas that tend to get sticky in the Summer, such as my chest and the back of my knees.

The lasting power of this perfume is fairly good on me, lasting at about three hours to my nose, although I have had other people telling me that they could smell it long after I no longer could. I think it's because my nose gets used to it.

Another feature that I like is the bottle; it's frosted with a cap that resembles a pagoda. That is just so charming to me, and reminds me of the days when Avon used house their perfumes in cute and kitschy packaging!

So, check Avon's Haiku out; it's beautiful! :-) There is always a promotion going on, so you'll find a good deal.

Popular Fragrances