The Body Shop Almond & Honey Body Lotion

No Image

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/27/2018 8:31:00 PM

This is my go to body lotion. I love the body shop as their products are more natural and they don't test on animals, and buy a lot of my beauty products there. I don't like the body butters that body shop is known for as I hate lotions that feel really heavy, so I was so happy when they came out with this lotion and have bought it several times now. It feels light, and smells great like shea butter, and moisturizes great. Sells for $15 which is about as much as I'm willing to spend on a tube of lotion, so not super expensive or super cheap, but body shop always has sales and incentives. Love it!

Smells exactly like suntan lotion. Not terrible, but not at all what I wanted from a lotion with the name "Almond & Honey."

on 4/19/2004 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG scented body lotion. The smell is incredible without being overpowering, and actually lasts. The lotion is incredibly moisturizing (and I have some dry, flaky legs), goes in smoothly, and feels wonderful.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whaoouuuuu....5 lippies for this one. The texture is light, not greasy and leave the skin soft and moisturised. I'm so happy that I bought it! Will repurchase again and again. Be aware that it has a sweet smell.

on 5/6/2003 8:30:00 PM

This is a very light and watery sort of lotion, which is good because it covers a lot of territory. It's probably best for the summertime. And the smell is lovely, I wear it with my Castelbajac, and it is the perfect compliment :)

This lotion has a very interesting, hard to pin down smell. When I first purchased it, it reminded me of the beach (like sunscreen mixed with seawater- calming and relaxing). When I opened it a second time it smelled of anisse cookies and wintertime. Obviously, two completely different ends of the visceral smell spectrum, which is the main reason I love this lotion. Its scent is different each time it is applied, and in the different ways it hits your nose. The texture is slightly runny- more so than for most lotions, but it goes on smoothly and lends a slight sheen to the skin (something which looks great in the summertime). The smell is faint after application, but it lasts for hours and hours.

on 12/27/2002 6:00:00 AM

If they didn't put the bittering agent in the product, I would eat it!! It smells so yummy. It's a watery moisturiser, so a small amount can go pretty far. A little blob the size of a 20c piece would probably be enough to cover 3/4 of your body if not the whole thing! I don't find the smell very strong, though, so if you want a smell that lasts longer, try the Mango or Nut body butter.

on 11/17/2002 10:44:00 PM

I love this product! Light and still moisturising enough for dry skin in the winter. The scent is sensational, really nice texture and it absorbed my skin really fast. Con: Hate having to squeeze the bottle really hard to get to the last bit - Body Shop makes you pay extra if you want a pump for that bottle.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in love. I picked this up on a whim, in the midst of a "foody" lotion-buying frenzy (MMU, AZW, CS, B&BW, etc).

Scent:

* My first impression of the scent was of cocoa butter. I stood in the store comparing the cocoa butter to this lotion. I think what won me over is that the scent doesn't have the heavy notes that cocoa butter does.

* The scent dries down to a sweeter and and subtle-but-nuttier (the almonds come through more in the dry-down) version of the Nut Butter.

* I have worn this under L'Occitane's Vanille EDT and CSP's Vanille Abricot. With the former I get a warmer, caramel combo. With the latter I get a cacao-scented combo.

* Updated to add: I have tried this w/ CSP's Lait Sucre and "lost" my "warm milk" scent (from the CSP). I also have used this after a homemade scrub of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil with great results!

Texture:

* This is not as moisturizing as the TBS Body Butters, but it is good for an all-over or a hands only (your computer keyboard or steering wheel will be less greasy) application.

Why It Didn't Score all 5s:

* The price is about $14USD for 250ml.

* My only gripe with the packaging is that you have a screw-on cap instead of a pump. It is a plastic bottle, but that is not so much of an issue for me.

Click here for a picture of the product. continued >>

Popular Lotions / Creams