MAC Craving

MAC Craving
MAC Craving l/sCraving

4.6

on 10/9/2016 9:00:00 AM

This was an impulse buy at the airport leaving Buenos Aires because I`ve never seen a MAC lippie sell for $14 US before and these babies were going like hot cakes. So I managed to shoulder my way into the throng of mad women snatching these and sadly, my favorite colors were already gone. Craving was the only shade that looked like something I might be able to pull off, so I grabbed it. Fast forward to October and I am searching my make up drawers for a good burgundy plum color and tried Craving for the first time. What a pleasant surprise! The color is a beautiful pop of intense plum against my fair complexion, absolutely lovely for this season. The formula is amazing too, bordering that sheen/matte appearance and just comfortable and moisturizing on the lips. The wear time is all right, it does show up on coffee cups, but it fades evenly as the day wears on and it`s not so difficult to reapply. Love it and want to try more from this Amplified line.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first MAC lipstick. I have mixed feelings about this shade. This is a pretty pinky plum shade, an MLBB for me (MAC NC40). However, for some reason I find a bit too neutral if you will. I got bored with the shade after wearing it a couple of weeks back to back. I don't find myself reaching out for it compared to when I first bought it. The inside of the lip fades faster as well, so it will leave you with a bit of a lip liner look after a couple of hours. I found it a bit drying, which I is quite perplexing as it has a creamy finish. With this shade, I also discovered that I liked satin and matte finish better than amplified or creamy ones.

on 1/2/2016 8:37:00 PM

I have absolutely fallen in love with this lipstick ... It was an impulse buy without even trying it on but it's such a natural shade, I wish I'd known about it earlier. I'm nc30 and this lipstick makes me feel like it's my lip shade but better. I haven't tested for longevity yet so let's see!

on 10/13/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favourite Mac lipstick so far! I love the colour and it's not too dry on my lips. I wear it with a light coloured pencil underneath for a bit extra grab and I find it lasts a long time, even through drinking and light eating but that would probably depend on how much I applied to begin with. It is a rosie plum colour which really complements my NW20 skin tone. It can be a bit of a bold colour if applied heavily so I wouldn't wear it with heaps of eye makeup on. My bf loves this one on me too! Even though some would say it's more of a winter/fall colour I would disagree. I think it's still bright enough to wear in spring and summer. Great for office, morning or evening wear. You can dress it up or down. I simply love it!

on 12/23/2015 6:41:00 PM

This was the first shade I ever bought from MAC, and I adore it!
The vanilla smell is wonderful and the shade stays on the lip perfectly (unless you drink something).
Honestly, MAC has a good reputation and that's for something

on 11/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used up Revlon HD lipstick in Primrose which though it had a nice color it didn't have great lasting power. So I decided to give Mac Craving a try since it's a similar shade.

Mac Craving is easy to apply due to its creamy Amplified formula and even though it's not a matte it's lasting power is good. Also, when it does eventually fade it leaves its color gracefully on the lips.

on 6/11/2015 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

"Craving" is my most-used MAC lipstick. I'd describe it as a medium plum shade that is noticeable while still remaining very demure; I wear it so often because it works for just about any situation. It's extremely office-appropriate, but would also look pretty and sophisticated for a night out. The Amplified Creme finish is my favorite of MAC's lipstick formulations, too. They're creamy, comfortable, and extremely pigmented.

This might sound contradictory, because I really like the shade overall, but I do think that Craving is a bit of a "boring" color. On me, at least, it's so wearable partly because it isn't particularly high-impact... it's just neutral, classic, and pretty. I have light, warm-toned (NC20) skin, but from the swatches I've seen, it looks even better on darker skin tones. A good, reliable staple.

on 8/30/2015 7:40:00 PM

For some reason, I have a love-hate relationship with this lipstick. It's the kind of shade I either like or dislike depending on the mood or weather.

Craving is an MLBB to me. True to how users describe it, it's a pinky burst of plum. No problem with the texture and color payoff - as an amplified finished lippie, it's non-drying, glides comfortably and opaque.

This is my 2nd MAC lipstick. I had Cosmo first, and I was hoping to find another MLBB that is a little farther from the natural color of my lips (Cosmo is just one or two shades away). I was taken with the swatches I found before I bought this, I found it really pretty and seemed to work with all skintones after checking the reviews.

I have dark hair, and fair to medium Asian skin. But when I bought it, it's 30% disappointing. Sometimes, it feels like I look older/aged when wearing this shade. It's not vampy-level for me, but I just find it dark. Applying this heavily doesn't work for me. This is not a kind of MLBB I can wear all year round - it fails me during the summer months hehehe.

Don't get me wrong, my viewpoint on this shade is not an entirely negative experience. When I'm in the mood to use it, I just swipe it once on my lower lip, purse my lips together, and spread it a little with my fingers. Or I go for the "just-bitten" stained look - apply it only at the center of my lips, pat it with my finger to get that gradiation effect. I find it more appropriate to wear on rainy days and cold weather. And just like that Craving becomes the object of my affection.

Overall, if I had only discovered the glory of the luster finish earlier, I should have went for Plumful instead. It's more muted and 1-2 shades lighter than Craving, so I guess it'll work for me more. But never mind, the secret is in how you apply it.

on 7/13/2015 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. The pinky-mauve color is perfect for my skin which is almond/caramel colored. I find unlike MAC shades such as Twig which wash me out completely, Craving gives me a nice neutral look with enough pink color. I think this is a great shade for medium to darker skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Craving is my favorite Mac lipstick! I love wearing it with a coral blusher and brown eyeshadow. I know many of you think of it as an Autumn /Winter shade, but I love wearing it all year round because it suits my skin and it plumps my lips in a nice way.
Highly recommended :)