Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

3.8

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

on 1/28/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Love it so much I'm on my second jar. You can feel you skin tingling as it does it's magic. The only con is the cost of this product. I'm probably going to try Queen Helen Clay Mask. I'm thinking that could be a cheaper alternative. Well, another con is that you have to stick your fingers in the jar to get the product. I really don't like when products are packaged in that manner.

on 9/4/2008 1:36:00 PM

I'm very on the fence on this one. On one hand, after use, my skin glows and looks more clear and even, etc. The effect however, does not last for more than 3 days. It is not overly drying as some clay masks can be. But I keep getting more breakouts. I've used this about 4/5 times over the past 3 weeks and I get breakouts 2/3 days after use. I don't know if it's purging, but I think it would be best if I didn't try this again. My skin might just not like glycolic acid.

will be returning this.

I'm always looking for a good clay mask to suck out my pores. I've got tons of blackheads that need continual clearing out. I like this one because it does the job without drying and leaves the skin soft, smooth and clear. It doesn't dry into a crust on your face and has a slightly different (smooth) texture than some clay masks, probably because it has a bunch of antioxidants in it. But I feel like the antioxidants help to exfoliate my skin and leave it nice and glowy when I rinse it off. I should add that these effects are best when you leave it on for over 20 minutes. Good stuff.

I actually really liked this mask. I mixed it with a small amount of Simply Clean and a few drops of Intense Line Defense. It was not too drying and I really liked the slight tingle effect. When I washed it off, my skin felt refreshed and very soft. I like the fact that it doesn't dry hard, so its easy to remove. Will definitely use again!!