Urban Decay Grifter

Urban Decay Grifter
GrifterGrifterGrifter

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I couldn't get this color to work for me. I'm not really a big fan of bright colors so I don't think it was so much the color but more my issue. It also was really glittery and felt rough. So it felt hard to work with.

on 3/3/2013 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first UD eyeshadow. Grifter is a beautiful and sparkly lilac shade which has an ethereal effect on my eyes. When I say sparkly, I do NOT mean shimmery. This has straight up glitter in it. Normally I would shy away from glitter but this glitter is very fine and snow-like. I feel like a fairy tale princess when I wear this shadow. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that the glitter fall-out is horrible. It stays put with the help of a good primer but even just removing this eyeshadow is very messy and leaves glitter all over the place.

on 9/12/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The color is beautiful and alittle goes a long way, the shimmer is really beautiful (for me I wouldnt wear it for everyday looks) and as another reviewer said it really looks like fresh snow !

on 5/28/2012 3:29:00 PM

adorable color for people with medium/olive skintones or even darker skinned girls-basically anyone who has brown or dark eyes! great color payoff and cute packaging. shimmer is pretty and makes the eyes pop! pricetag is $$$....so it might deter me from using it in the future unless i realize i cant live without this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is not lavender. This is a rather sheer, cool, light, slightly purpley pink, i.e. lilac, with lots of matching microglitter. I might conceivably repurchase this due to my love of cool pinks, but US$17 is pretty steep, particularly considering that I can probably find something a bit more purple, which I prefer, and that I already have this in two UD palettes (which I only buy because of the "ooh, shiny!" factor.)

I got Grifter in the Ammo Palette. It's a beautiful lilac lavender-y color. :) Looks pretty with my brown eyes. The glitter on this isn't the typical Urban Decay glitter. It reminds me more of how fresh snow looks. Glistening and shiny. :) I applied this shadow wet and PATTED it on. I didn't get any fallout. I paired this with Crash and it was super pretty. When I first saw this color in the palette I thought to myself that I would never wear it because it looked like a cool pink to me, which I can't really do cool tones very easily. But this is very pretty on! I'm excited to try this with more colors. :)

on 10/21/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I completely agree with the other reviewers that said this is a must-have for brown eyed girls. It's such a pretty colour that it looks great just as a wash, and makes my brown eyes stand out. Sometimes I add a bit of purple e/l like UD lust, and it's such a simple, pretty look. I have no problems with fallout, just use a damp brush and pat it on.

on 6/19/2011 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice In Wonderland' palette.
This is an icy lavender with a fine glitter finish, which does lead to a little fall out.
This is a lovely colour but it doesn't have brilliant longevity and is a little translucent.
Look's good teamed with Urban Decay's 'Flash'.

on 5/23/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty light purple color. I do wish it was a little more pigmented like other urban decay shadows. It didn't stay as great as others either.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my first eyeshadow purchases. This pink-purple color really pops my eye color which is hazel. I don't use it a lot because I find other products more fascinating. For a fun or halloween look, I would use this color. I won't be purchasing this item again because it's not necessary.