3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Aveeno's Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub has been a part of the Aveeno cleanser/scrub line-up for at least a decade now, it has been revamped in packaging recently as it has been before it. The granules when I first used this were large at first, but over the years it has developed into a more even, gritty texture that exfoliates gently, this is why they say it is fine for daily use, otherwise I do not think it necessary and possibly harmful to exfoliate twice daily with a scrub. The fragrance like most of Aveeno's cleansers is exceedingly over fragrant and almost too much. Though pleasant the scent needs to be held back a little, especially for those sensitive to smells or whose skin in general cannot tolerate fragrance at all. I would like to see a fragrance free version of this product. The packaging is easy enough to use and is a standard flip top plastic packaged exfoliating cleanser. I prefer to use this in the evening as it really helps rid the skin of make-up, grime and excess oil, sweat and heavy sunscreen. This can be used either on it's own or as a supplement to your daily cleanser. Do not bother to use this product with anything other than your own hands, the granules will exfoliate the skin better that way. Aveeno which is a part of the Johnson & Johnson family no longer along with brands like Neutrogena (or at least they say the do) no longer use polyethylene beads which are basically plastic beads which are contributing to plastic pollution in the ocean. I recommend this budget friendly exfoliating cleanser as an alternative to over priced "premium" cleansers from the department store.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

4 months ago

I got this on a total whim when I was looking for something a bit more interesting than a standard facial exfoliator. And I'm so glad I did! I absolutely loved how this left my skin feeling; thoroughly cleansed and exfoliated, without feeling stripped or aggravated. It's so easy to use too; dispense a 10p sized blob, massage onto your face, then leave for sixty seconds whilst you carry on with the rest of your shower routine. I tended to leave this on for a little longer than sixty seconds and never experienced any adverse effects. I had some slight tingling (which I attributed to the lemon peel extract) but that was it and once I'd washed it off, my skin felt lovely and smooth. The sole reason for my 4/5 rating is because I can't get this in the UK, so I have to remember to purchase a few tubes whenever I'm in the States to ensure I don't run out.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

a year ago

This is the worst scrub i have ever used in my life. The instructions were easy enough. Just rub and rinse. But i discovered after a few days of using this that parts of my face, such as under my eyes and the corners of my nose had burn scars on them. These areas were very dry compared to before i started using these products. This is genuinely the worst thing ive ever bought

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

This is probably the best scrub I have used with my skin. I think it is a potential HG?! Plus, it's actually affordable! To give a description, my complexion is an issue all year round. It's patchy, flaky, acne prone, reddish, sensitive to a lot of scrubs, and uneven/rough in the T-zone area.This is the first scrub I've used that has helped with most of these issues. The application of this is a little runnier than your typical scrub, but it applies nicely. The biggest thing I notice with it is my skin is more even and it has a glow. It cleans my skin without stripping it too much, so if I forget to apply moisturizer - it's not the end of the world. It helps rid of some of my acne, but I still am prone to smaller breakouts at times. But I find this helps tame the inflammation of them. Overall, I would recommend trying this!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

The smell and texture of this product is heavenly, but it's quite drying. I recommended mixing it with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser or a similar consistency. It can be used daily, but I recommend only using it every other day or two to prevent over exfoliating your skin. The price is usually more than $10 in Canada, so if you find this product on sale, definitely give this a try!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

Decent face wash. Doesn't leave my skin dry or oily. It has gentle beads to softly exfoliate.

About reviewer (1039 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Love it!!! Works well and it smells so good super gentle on the face, while the small micro exfoliants deeply cleanses

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

This product is okay. I like how it's on the gentle side and that the micro beads are smaller than some others brands. It also doesn't leave a residue and feels nice on the skin. I have skin that peels and flakes from acne and dry skin so I thought this would buffer it off. Unfortunately, it didn't really do too much for me so I would only buy it again if my skin stops peeling and flaking as much as it does.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

4 years ago

I actually love this stuff. The scent. The effects. I used it for years and so did DH however when the microbeads furor came out I just could not continue with this product. We now use a st. Ives product which is ok but not a great substitute. I understand j&j will be getting rid of the microbeads in the future. In that case would repurchase in a heartbeat. I miss this stuff!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Probably my favorite scrub. It's not so abrasive that it leaves raw spots on the face. I'm not sure people with acne would be crazy about this scrub, but it's great for dry,sensitive,and combination skin. It has a slight fragrance that I happen to like. Packaging is great. Other reviewers on here have noted that it's impossible to squeeze out too much,and they're right! Only caveat is don't let the lather get in your eyes...it stings!!!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35