Maybelline New York Wet Shine -Copper Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/19/2006 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very neutral and soft color, MLBB. Between terracotta and dusty rose. A little darker than my natural color, but very natural looking. Not very shimmery but with some depth of shine. Very moist. Feels very nice on the lips, slippery, not heavy. I would say that they got it right. Why buy Chanel when Maybelline can do it like this? For reference, I am a fair blue-eyed freckled redhead. UPDATE: This left my lips feeling dry after a few hours

on 11/29/2005 1:25:00 AM

After Annabelle discontinued my favourite "Discreet Mauve" colour, I decided to try and find a replacement. Good Luck! Not one had the semi-sheer, long wearing, creamy texture and colour that was my HG. One product I liked as a temporary replacement was Copper Gloss in the Maybelline Wetshine series. It actually turned a very sweet mauvish brownish colour, on my pale yet slightly medium complexion, prone to making nearly ALL lippies look orange on me. This colour was not copper at all..hmmm..but MLBB! when dry and needing reapplication, THEN the copperish tones are left on my lips, but non- staining. Downsides: requires frequent re-application, bleeds through my lipliner and requires quite a few swipes to get the 'WetShine' shine. Overall, though, no scent, moisturizing, lovely sheer colour.

on 3/12/2005 9:33:00 PM

Why the put the word "copper" in the name is beyond me--this is a cool-toned mauvey nude. Nice and sheer, and although this doesn't make me look completely dead the way most grey-toned nudes do, this doesn't really gel with my complexion that great. I'd pass on this if you're on the warmer end.

on 1/13/2005 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Copper Gloss is a great, wearable nude, especially for those of us with pigmented lips. The color isn't what I usually think of as "copper" at all -- it is a sheer slightly greyed, slightly browned, cool pink. For GGGs looking for a cool pink nude, this is a great choice.

on 6/24/2004 1:36:00 PM

I love this color! It is a more golden-brown than an orangey-brown, which is what most "copper" lipsticks look like. It's really shiny and almost slippery! I don't taste anything, or really smell anything either. Love how inexpensive these are. Only drawback is the pink packaging. I don't like PINK!

This is one of the best lipsticks I have ever used. Glides on easily, big punch of colour that lasts, nice and shiny. The only complaint I have is with the caps, every Wet Shine I have has the same problem. The cap is so loose and keeps falling off constantly, so I find a capless lipstick in the bottom of my purse with fuzz all over it - yuck! But overall I love this lipstick, I have it in about 6 colours.

on 6/4/2003 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A truly neutral shade; looks gray, but it nicely tones down the pinkness of my lips. I love the smooth shiny texture. Copper gloss is what I had expected MAC Touch to be (which was too dry and gray). On me, this is a wearable nude-pink shade.