4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

One of the first eye shadows that introduced me to Mac! My favourite shadow ever! It has very faint nude base colour with micro-pigment of iridescent sparkles- just like the name Vapour the shadow is best described. I wear it alone with mascara and a lined upper lash-line. The texture is powdery/chalky and to be honest this is nowhere near the glitter shadows that are out today, it's veryyy subtle ... a staple for me in my collection. Great for min make up days. My favourite by far!! A classic for me...

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

The blue duochrome is unusual, but it's faint in the pan and invisible when worn. The eyeshadow itself isn't as pigmented as Blanc Type, so I always reach for Blanc Type instead.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

7 years ago

I didn't like the color at all. It comes off looking very chalky. it seems to have a pink/lavender undertone to it. It looked very unnatural and not flattering. The only reason I gave it two lippies is because it does have good staying power.

About reviewer (199 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

7 years ago

This is such an underrated MAC eyeshadow. It's a pinkish white color with a tiny bit of glitter. My all time favorite eyeshadow was Estee Lauder Rose Confetti, but they quit making it and this is the closest I've found. The EL shade was completely matte and softer but the color is very similar. I use vapour as a highlight or on the lid. It's a velvet which I have to admit is not my favorite MAC eyeshadow finish. The glitter makes it a little dry and gritty but I haven't seen any fall out and it doesn't seem to affect the application of the shadow and it looks matte on my eyes. It lasts all day with a primer (I never wear eyeshadow without a primer so I have not idea what it's like without) and blends well. On me, I prefer the slight pink cast of this shadow to one that's more yellow or brown because I'm so fair. Really it looks white until you put it next to a really white eyeshadow and then you can see the pink. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is the texture as I described above. If it were matte2 it would HG forever and ever.

About reviewer (541 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

2.0

8 years ago

Looks exquisite in the packaging/pan but applied it's barely noticeable. Maybe it would look better on someone darker complected, as I am very pale and pink-toned.. Maybe it's too close to my natural skintone. Lol. I just don't gind it pigmented or anything special in general.

About reviewer (410 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

9 years ago

I had this eyeshadow for forever and it is finally getting some love from me. I love this as a lower lid color with a cooler brown, or blue, or cool plum-color on the outer parts of lids and up into the crease. On my NW20 skin, this appears as an off-white shadow with the tiniest blue sparkles that I can really only see in a magnifying mirror. Because of the slight blue tone, I think that makes Vapour pair easily with other MAC colors such as Shale, Steamy, & Surreal. Today, I paired it with Bobbi Brown Stone eyeshadow, and I loved the neutral, daytime eye I got from this. I think I have found the perfect, neutral, lid shade that I have been searching for the past 2 years. Yes!!!! :)

About reviewer (1348 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

My second all over and highlight color- Vanilla was my first. Vapour is a pretty off-white that shows a hint of pink on my lt-med Asian w yellow undertones skin. Very pretty w smokey grey purples and browns. I hit pan so I do like it but I've been trying other highlight colors lately that are warmer.

About reviewer (277 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Such a beautiful color, perfect for highlighting the brow bone and I also use it right up under my bottom lash line and inner corner of my eyes to help brighten everything without an aritificial shimmery look. Very happy with it. Lasting power is great, it's not shimmery but pearly and gives such a subtle color. Very much love it...

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Vapour is a gorgeous highlighter -- a wash of pink with a HINT of lavender -- and it works really well with grays (Copperplate, Print) and purples (Shale, Shadowy Lady). I find that I can always rely upon Vapour to pull together an entire look with a sophisticated brightness that's says "healthy skin" and not "ZOMG WHITE EYESHADOW" or "ZOMG GLITTER". (YMMV though if your skin runs darker or warmer.) The product itself is topnotch and remarkably pigmented since it effortlessly knocks out any redness or irritation I might have on my lids or under my brows. I've hit pan, and I know I'll hit it again because anytime I'm feeling uninspired or bleh about what progress I've made on my eye make-up, I reach for this shadow to make it all better. In fewer words, Vapour is a must for wearers of cool neutrals.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I love this color. I am fair and it is a perfect highlight or corner color. Also, I like to use it with charcoal brown in the crease and orb on the lid. I would buy this in bulk if it was ever in danger of being discontinued.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm