Revlon Jean Nate After Bath Splash original scent

Revlon Jean Nate After Bath Splash original scent

3.5

on 6/9/2016 8:53:00 PM

This is a scent that I recall from childhood and my teenage years, but but the current formula doesn't smell lemony to me at all, like it used to. To me it's a spicy/ woodsy/ musky 1970s herbal- musk type of a scent. It actually reminds me a lot of the original brown Neutrogena Rainbath shower gel. It's okay, but it's not refreshing to me, I have to be in the right mood to use this. Super cheap, but the spray mist in the 8 ounce bottle is hard to find in stores, which is all I ever need since it takes me forever to go through one of these, though CVS & Walgreens do carry the larger bottles. I really wish Revlon would bring back the original, refreshing, citrusy version, though. Why they messed with a classic, I have no idea.

on 3/12/2016 3:52:00 PM

I got this the other day at Walgreens because it was cheap and i remembered the commercials from my childhood. I love lemon scents so i eagerly purchased the full-size huge bottle and some of the talcum powder too. It is about what i thought it would be. A body splash. Not a heavy perfume or Eau de Toilette but a nice lemony, woody body splash. The talc is a nice touch to bring out the scent of lemons a little bit better. I think it is just supposed to be a quick pick me up type of scent that you splash on after your bath or shower for a nice refreshed type feeling. Kind of like an Axe type of body spray for women but this body splash can easily be worn by men.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

To say I'm disappointed at the reformulation is an understatement. I used to blend Jean Nate with vanilla body spray, and bask in the warm and soothing mixture. So many people asked me what perfume I wore because it was so pleasant and non offensive. But sadly, this new juice is totally subpar and not worth purchasing imo.

on 7/18/2014 5:03:00 PM

This is not your mothers Jean Nate. Your mothers version smelled wonderful! This
reformulated version has bug spray-home perm solution notes that I just can't get past. Why Revlon ever reformulated a classic frag is beyond me.

on 5/4/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have the body spray and the body powder. It's a great daytime office fragrance, especially because it can be difficult to overdo this. It's a powdery tangy lemon scent with decent longevity and some complexity. I like it when my fragrances are not too one-dimensional. I can still smell it on me 5 hours from first application although I need to sniff my arm closely at that point. It does not change much as I wear it, it stays pretty true and doesn't ever turn sour. The body splash/body spray is easy to find in drugstores. The concentrated spray has been discontinued, but I think it would have been too intense for me anyway.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I remember this as a summertime fragrance when I was a younger teen. One of my Aunts would gift me the splash every year for my birthday. Funny thing was that I never was particularly fond of citrusy scents back then. But the scent didn't really linger, it was just a cool, refreshing splash for a young girl and it was what I was given so I used it. This was the beginning of body splashes as we know them today. It was a very popular drugstore fragrance when I was a teen. I recently purchased one as a memory, but it's the vintage from Lanvin, Charles of The Ritz, not Revlon. It's a bath and body perfume of Jean Nate. So I decided to revisit this old classic and to my surprise, found it just as light, refreshing, citrusy and airy. The perfume is more on the oily side, but still light. It's not a feeling like the splash, but the scent is still reminiscent and brings back fond memories. Jean Nate bath and body perfume is a clean scent, a hint of spice, a tad of muskiness that's not overpowering at all. I noticed it does get stronger in the heat. It's a daytime scent that's good for all ages, especially in the warmer weather. I get lemon, mixed with bergamot, sandalwood and spices in the musky perfume blend that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Good for the gym, poolside, hiking, sunny days, anywhere or anytime in the hot summertime. A perfect clean scent. I'm glad to spend time with this old memory again. My review is for the vintage version.
Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender.
Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, Geranium, Spicy Notes.
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Virginia Cedar, Musk.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love Jean Nate after bath spay, lotion and powder. I'm a male but always love Jean Nate.

on 2/28/2013 11:46:00 AM

I was delighted to find this available at drugstore.com and at a reasonable price! Brings back wonderful memories of the 70's. My mother wore this and I would sneak some after my bath too. If you have never used it, try it on those hot summer days when you need something to pick you up and don't want anything too strong. In warm months, I keep mine in the fridge. So glad I can still purchase this!

I love that they now make this in a spray bottle! Now I can hop out of the shower and just spritz, spritz, spritz! Back in the old days, I would have to try to pour a little in my hand first and then try to splash it on. I think I was given my first Jean Nate gift set was I was about ten years old. The smell of it makes my think of childhood Christmas mornings and days of being a pre-teen. After many years of not using it, I passed a tester in the drugstore and the smell of it brought memories flooding back- I then had to have it again. I love that the after bath splash smells (and feels) light, cool, and refreshing. A bit of lemon-citrus smell to it. I have to say I don't like the cologne spray, which seems to have a heavier scent. The scent drives my beau wild- probably makes him think he's back in high school. This is an old classic.

on 10/2/2010 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This review is for Petite Nate, which came out in the '80s. It was my first perfume, purchased for me by my aunt from a local general store. It came in a pink box with little hearts on it, and the perfume itself was about 5ml in a glass tube with a sponge applicator (kind of like clear liquid glue) and a pink lid. There was glitter in the perfume, but thankfully, it didn't come out on your skin. It had a very delicate, innocent smell to it (like a My Little Pony, but not exactly), but it still had that element of freshness like the original body splash. It was tiny enough for me to put in a little play-purse, or in my bookbag at school. I liked this so much when I was little, that I used to obsessively dab the applicator all over everywhere I could reach, including my whole entire arms from shoulder to wrist. Needless to say, the little bottles never lasted that long. The commercial went: ""Petite Nate! For bath time, for fun time/Just for you it's a dream come true, Petite Nate." Oh, how I miss it.

Popular Fragrances