Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 55, and I have used this cleanser on and off for about six years. I have bouts with cystic acne and you know when it happens i reach for this cleanser and the healthy skin moisturizer at night. They both help to make the acne get smaller overnight and eventually disappear. No more popping pimples because it leaves pits on my face. If I just leave them alone and fight them with acids they go away. I have combination/oily skin and when it is oily is when I get the cystic acne. The healthy skin moisturizer is irritating to my skin so I only use it at night when having a breakout. I know it has SPF in it but it makes my skin red and some bumps appear so I only use it at night. For daytime I put Mary Kay acne lotion on but it really is a white gel, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It looks great under makeup and causes no shine. But most of the time I use gentle cleansers and moisturizers. So this stuff is a real life saver for me because cystic acne can be painful and hard to cover with makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to wait a while before writing this review so I would have a in-depth opinion on the product.

Allow me to start out this review with letting you all know that this cleanser was reformulated in early 2015. The most common complaints I've seen about it is that the consistency was too liquidy. I can assure you that con has been taken out of the equation. The current formula is just a basic gel cleanser consistency.

If you've been reading my reviews you'll know about my love for alpha hydroxy acids. They are effective for chemical exfoliation without going as deep as vitamin a (Retin A). I gave Silk Naturals a 5 lippie review because I loved their formulation for a long time, but, they recently revamped it and released a lesser quality product. So I cut ties with that toner.

I needed to find a replacement. But it's hard when so many companies put rubbing alcohol in their toners or an absurd % of A.H.As. I have tried many on the market. What I like about this facewash is, if only used at night, it will not dry out my face. The formula is pretty gentle and does not upset my rosacea. On top of that - the cleanser picks up any traces of make up that my jojoba oil missed. My skin feels clean, and soft!

I would recommend only using this at night (followed my a moisturizer... I use jojoba oil). Because it REALLY deep cleanses the skin and would probably strip your face too much for make up to be applied smoothly. I still use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser in the morning for added moisture. :)

Amazing stuff!! Helps with acne, and fine lines, not sure about heavy wrinkles since I am young.. but I am sure it would help improve the appearance of wrinkles as well. I never go wrong with Neutrogena! I ran out of this a few months ago, and used another face wash, and at first I didn't notice the effect it had on a few lines that were trying to creep up on me until I purchased this face wash again... and then I noticed a huge improvement in my skin, immediately, like, pretty much after a couple of days after I started using it again, my skin looked so much better!

They say that you are your biggest critic, and I'm probably the only one who noticed those slight lines, but this face wash definitely improved them, even, dare I say, erased them! Will definitely buy this for as long as this is on the shelves, and I pray that they never discontinue this!

This has a very slimy-like texture, almost like a watered down gel, kind of, so it is very slippery! I cup my hand and put a small amount, about the size of a dime into my palm, and lather it up and then apply to my face and rinse it off immediately afterwards. This face wash leaves me with a tiny bit of dryness, so I use a moisturizer after washing my face with this product. I use Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer with 35 SPF during the day and Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturizer at night!

on 11/18/2013 2:25:00 AM

The struggle of hormonal acne made me purchase this and I'm happy to say I enjoy it! Only have been using it for a few weeks but it's definitely helped the condition of my skin. I like the faint scent it has and how easy it is to rinse off. It also contains only 0.5% salicylic acid so I don't worry about drying my face out!

on 9/8/2013 5:18:00 PM

love this stuff! I have combination skin and am in my late twenties. My skin looks better than ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

When I turned 30 my skin went crazy. oily acne prone, Cyst acne you name it. This product at night with the clarisonic mia is amazing for my skin, in conjunction with bio oil I think its lighten my acne scars. I havent used it in the morning due to the AHA warning but it works great at night.

on 4/10/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using this face wash for 4 months now. My skin tone has improved quite abit and seems more brighter. I do notice my acne spots fading alittle, but not much. (I am now using Finacea for that). The AHA's really slough off the dead skin cells on my pimples. I can literally peel them off after washing my face! I have sensitive skin and this did not dry or burn me. I use with my Clarisonic and it really cleans my skin and lathers great. The S.A. content is only 0.5% which is very low compared to the full 2% in most acne cleansers. Which is probably why i don't see much improvement in my acne with this wash. Overall i do like this product but am sad it does not clear up my acne as much as i'd hoped it would! I will continue to use until i find another cleanser.

on 4/7/2012 4:12:00 PM

I've been using it twice a day since I got it, I've had less dry flaking skin than I had prior. I immediately apply moisturizer while my face is still damp. Overall, my skin is clearer, much smoother, and the tone more even.
UPDATE: I used it long enough to mix & match with various moisturizers & I've realized that this stuff is MAGIC, no matter what I use afterwards. I used to get cystic acne around that time of the month -- no more! My pores have shrunk, and my skin is so soft. LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 2/13/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm on my second tube of this and I LOVE it. I've actually never repurchased a cleanser ever, so this says alot. I have really horrible red cystic acne along with whiteheads etc, and I think this stuff really helps. A week ago, I bought the Olay cleansing brush and use it with this cleanser and a huge nasty cyst that hadn't budged for months is flat. Before the Olay, I massaged it into my skin for at least a minute to get the exfoliating benefits. It is a bit drying, but once I follow up with moisturizer I'm good to go.

Highly recommended!

on 12/19/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I REALLY like this product. I don't get too much time to write reviews anymore, since I had a little one last year (maybe when she gets a little older I'll get my life back). I saw this on sale once at CVS and picked it up as a kind of "extra" for my summer house, actually. Then I noticed that it has sa AND glycolic acid--I don't see that very often, and I was so interested that I took it home with me. It has really helped me with breakouts. I've got to say that when my eczema flares up, my skin is too sensitive for it, so I'm not sure it would be good for sensitive skins, but for a drugstore cleanser, wow.