Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 55, and I have used this cleanser on and off for about six years. I have bouts with cystic acne and you know when it happens i reach for this cleanser and the healthy skin moisturizer at night. They both help to make the acne get smaller overnight and eventually disappear. No more popping pimples because it leaves pits on my face. If I just leave them alone and fight them with acids they go away. I have combination/oily skin and when it is oily is when I get the cystic acne. The healthy skin moisturizer is irritating to my skin so I only use it at night when having a breakout. I know it has SPF in it but it makes my skin red and some bumps appear so I only use it at night. For daytime I put Mary Kay acne lotion on but it really is a white gel, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It looks great under makeup and causes no shine. But most of the time I use gentle cleansers and moisturizers. So this stuff is a real life saver for me because cystic acne can be painful and hard to cover with makeup.

on 12/10/2016 3:43:00 PM

Usually i love neutrogena products, they fit me so well and their prices are affordable, so i gave this cleanser a try.
I didn't like it at all for many reasons:
1/ the consistency is weird, it's slimy and very hard to get out of the tube and most of the time the first squirt ends up in the sink because it slips from the hand
2/ very difficult to manage the cleanser into your face due to its consistency
3/ it did nothing to my face at all, no glowing, no reducing pimples, nothing at all

Overall, it is a waste of money and won't buy again

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to wait a while before writing this review so I would have a in-depth opinion on the product.

Allow me to start out this review with letting you all know that this cleanser was reformulated in early 2015. The most common complaints I've seen about it is that the consistency was too liquidy. I can assure you that con has been taken out of the equation. The current formula is just a basic gel cleanser consistency.

If you've been reading my reviews you'll know about my love for alpha hydroxy acids. They are effective for chemical exfoliation without going as deep as vitamin a (Retin A). I gave Silk Naturals a 5 lippie review because I loved their formulation for a long time, but, they recently revamped it and released a lesser quality product. So I cut ties with that toner.

I needed to find a replacement. But it's hard when so many companies put rubbing alcohol in their toners or an absurd % of A.H.As. I have tried many on the market. What I like about this facewash is, if only used at night, it will not dry out my face. The formula is pretty gentle and does not upset my rosacea. On top of that - the cleanser picks up any traces of make up that my jojoba oil missed. My skin feels clean, and soft!

I would recommend only using this at night (followed my a moisturizer... I use jojoba oil). Because it REALLY deep cleanses the skin and would probably strip your face too much for make up to be applied smoothly. I still use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser in the morning for added moisture. :)

This is basically an acne cleanser with a lower percentage of salicylic acid (this product has 0.5% salicylic acid while most of Neutrogena's acne wash products have 2% salicylic acid), so it ends up being gentler on the face if the 2% salicylic acid is too drying for you. The alpha-hydroxy acid, which Neutrogena claims will help smooth fine lines (by promoting exfoliation), is glycolic acid in this product. However, you can also find glycolic acid in Neutrogena's other acne washes. Both the salicylic acid (a β-hydroxy acid) and the alpha-hydroxy acid will work together to gently exfoliate your skin. Make sure to use a sunscreen to protect your skin any time you go outside whenever you use an alpha-hydroxy acid product, since the exfoliation will also increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. I tried out this face wash when I was 23, so I was not thinking much about wrinkles at that age, but I did like it because most acne washes were too irritating for daily use on my face. It seems like it is hard to find this particular one in stores. It has a nice, creamy texture. The tube is smaller than Neutrogena's other face wash tubes, but it lasted me a long time because I only needed to use a little bit. I might consider buying this again if I can find it in a store.

on 5/5/2015 3:39:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for at least 6 years maybe longer. Everytime i try something new i always end up back to this. Its great st removing make up. I wouldnt use it to remove eye make up much though will dry them. It helps keep my face clear and helps when i break out. I use it along with the pore refining toner. you squeezena dime sized amount out and rub it in your hands thsn your face. It rinses nicely..soft scent not over drying. Makes my.face smooth.

on 8/29/2014 11:05:00 PM

I would buy this again but it wouldn't be my first choice. Currently my favorite cleanser is Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, but it is expensive and I would love to find a cheaper alternative. I compared the ingredients between my PTR cleanser and this one from Neutrogena, and I found that they both contain the one-two punch of salicylic and glycolic acids so I was eager to give it a try.

I found it to be a perfectly fine cleanser, lathers up nicely and rinses off cleanly. Doesn't dry my skin out or cause irritation. But it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean and refreshed as my PTR does and also, it doesn't keep my breakouts in check quite as well as my PTR either. (For reference my skin is combo-oily and it tends to be clog-prone with a few occasional breakouts.)

I'd buy this again in a pinch, in fact I'd actually recommend it. But it's not HG for me. Good value for the price though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked how my skin felt after using this but....it's so hard to get it out of the tube and in my hand long enough to cleanse my face! The jelly-cream like consistency was slippery and, more often than not, landed in the bottom of the sink before I could add enough water to lather up. Waste of money

Amazing stuff!! Helps with acne, and fine lines, not sure about heavy wrinkles since I am young.. but I am sure it would help improve the appearance of wrinkles as well. I never go wrong with Neutrogena! I ran out of this a few months ago, and used another face wash, and at first I didn't notice the effect it had on a few lines that were trying to creep up on me until I purchased this face wash again... and then I noticed a huge improvement in my skin, immediately, like, pretty much after a couple of days after I started using it again, my skin looked so much better!

They say that you are your biggest critic, and I'm probably the only one who noticed those slight lines, but this face wash definitely improved them, even, dare I say, erased them! Will definitely buy this for as long as this is on the shelves, and I pray that they never discontinue this!

This has a very slimy-like texture, almost like a watered down gel, kind of, so it is very slippery! I cup my hand and put a small amount, about the size of a dime into my palm, and lather it up and then apply to my face and rinse it off immediately afterwards. This face wash leaves me with a tiny bit of dryness, so I use a moisturizer after washing my face with this product. I use Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer with 35 SPF during the day and Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturizer at night!

on 11/18/2013 2:25:00 AM

The struggle of hormonal acne made me purchase this and I'm happy to say I enjoy it! Only have been using it for a few weeks but it's definitely helped the condition of my skin. I like the faint scent it has and how easy it is to rinse off. It also contains only 0.5% salicylic acid so I don't worry about drying my face out!

on 9/8/2013 5:18:00 PM

love this stuff! I have combination skin and am in my late twenties. My skin looks better than ever.