Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.3

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

I've read such good things about this powder I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately it breaks me out. Ingredients list mineral oil which may be the culprit. I'm back to Chantecaille's talc-free version. I was hoping I'd found a less expensive option to Chantecaille, but not yet.

on 2/1/2004 2:49:00 PM

I bought this from an MUA swapper (thank you!). Have never tried a powder like this before. Super fine to the point where you can put a huge blob (by mistake when in a hurry) of it on your face, brush it around and have a non-cakey, super smooth surface - just what I want before I put my blush on. Will not buy a different brand of loose powder again.

on 10/23/2003 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder is a dream. I use Colorless Matte and the finish is fantastic, the staying power wonderful. It leaves the most velvety, luminous set to your makeup and takes away and prevents any shine.

on 8/12/2003 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I only tried tester containers of this powder but I think it is the best! Colorless - it melds with your skin to give a flawless set to my foundation and yet adds no color or the flour bag look. I use it in conjuction with my VLWC foundation. It has kept my combo T zone oilies at bay only leaving a dewy look. If you want to maintain the matte look, simply retouch later in the day (a few hours later) Great stuff and I'll definitely look into purchasing this.