3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I've been using Wallflowers since 2008 or so, and a lot has changed - scents come and go, product price and quality fluctuate. I'm picky about and somewhat sensitive to scents, so I've been burned a few times by trying new ones. Ergo, I'd like to share my picks for Wallflowers that are available year round, aren't under- or overwhelming, and have been minimally tampered with by BBW. Vanilla Coconut: Not overpoweringly buttery and sweet like many vanilla scents; perfectly balanced between vanilla and coconut. Warm, and pleasantly "neutral." Better for a smaller room. Cinnamon & Clove Buds: Largely cinnamon, but with a big, wonderful nose hit of clove. Not artificial; nothing cologne like. A nice deep, rich, dry spicy scent that's great all year round. Better for a larger room. This is my favorite. I do buy other scents, but these two are my "core wardrobe," if you will.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

These things are not very good. All of the scents smell fake and I only ever smelled any of them when I walked by the outlet they were plugged into. I bought 'Tis the Season, Peach Bellini, Orange Ginger, Champagne Toast, and another winter scent whose name I can't remember - maybe Smoked Vanilla. Peach Bellini smells like a cleaner - a very nice smelling cleaner - but it's a room fragrance and I don't want my apartment smelling like cleaner all the time. The others don't smell terrible but they come nowhere near filling up my 791 square foot apartment. I really hate fake smelling fragrances which is why I loath anything Febreeze, Glade, etc., and while these aren't as bad as that, I definitely get that chemically vibe from them. I was thinking about giving this thing one more chance and trying out the Fresh Bamboo because my favorite scent, Crisp Bamboo, from Pier 1 has been discontinued, but if the scent isn't going to travel past the 2 foot radius around the outlet, I won't bother.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I purchased my first wall flower about a month and a bit ago. I waited for the more fall-ish scents to be out because I figured they'd be the strongest, with notes such as cinnamon, clove, etc. The one I purchased was in Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. The lady at Bath & Body let me know it would last about a month. The scent was definitely there, especially when you first walked in the room, but it wasn't overpowering. Looking back, as much as the food scents are great when you sniff them, I'm not really a fan of my house smelling that way (totally thought I would be!). It lasted about 5 weeks or so, so that's what I expected. My mom has used these for quite a few years and they've always seemed to be great. Strong scents, strong "throw", etc. I picked up another yesterday for my bathroom in Harvest Gathering or Harvest, can't remember the exact name. At my local Bath & Body Works they have the smaller candles sitting in front of each Wallflower scent so that you can sniff before you buy. It smelled great, the exact scent I wanted. Now that it's plugged in, I find it's really similar to Winter Candy Apple and not at all what the candle really smelled like. It also does not fill the room like I thought it would. My bathroom is fairly small and we usually keep the door shut. I think I will try a few more scents before completely saying that I do not like them, because I do, I just wish they were a bit stronger.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

It's a good thing that individual fragrance bulbs are inexpensive and frequently on sale (~US$6 apiece), because they're somewhat hit and miss. Some smell completely different from the other products in their scent line; some just don't work well as ambient fragrance due to the lack of a "skin note" to mesh with; some are overpoweringly sweet or astringent; some have a heavy undertone of what smells like pencil lead that makes them completely unbearable. A few are merely too strong for my small bed/bath suite, but would probably be fine in a larger room. At this point, I've pretty much stopped trying new ones, and have a system for Texas' ambiguous seasons: Sandalwood Vanilla (winter, after New Year's); Japanese Cherry Blossom (winter/spring transition); Lemon Mint Leaf (spring/summer transition); Turquoise Waters (summer); Vanilla Coconut (late summer); Farmstand Apple (early fall/get hype for fall); Cinnamon & Clove Buds (perfect any time of year, but especially the fall/winter transition); and Frosted Cranberry (the whole winter holiday season, between Thanksgiving and New Year's).

About reviewer (209 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0
from

4 years ago

I noticed that these r older reviews. I have been using these for years and just loved them. In the last couple of years they get worse and worse. Old plugs last forever and threw a strong fragrance though out the whole house. Evidently they hav made some bad decisions in changing refills from the original ones. Thats big business! Make it as cheep and charge big bucks. Plugs ins don"t last long and loose their power it seems. They say bring back we will replace, Point is I don't want to run in store every month to return one. I would have to return about 12. they work great for a day or two then you might smell something if you walk by.Sad to see this happened.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

So I've tried a few different wall plug in products and home fragrance products in general and this is the best I've found of the plug ins. That being said it is very hit or miss with the scents. Some are very strong and perfect for a large room and others are far too weak and I couldn't even smell them. I did have an incident where one of the bulbs leaked everywhere and of course the liquid inside was blue and stained the counter. The associates say this is from screwing in the bulb wrong but I've been using these for years, it wasn't user error it was a crappy bulb and/or plug in. Anyway, if you want a plug in product this is a good choice. Some of my fav scents are; Fresh Bamboo, Flower Shop, Pineapple Mango, Eucalyptus Mint, Blueberry Pumpkin, Lemon Mint and Tiki Beach. Edit: Recently picked up the bulb Renew and Refresh. Great scent, fairly strong but very clean smelling.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

5 years ago

I do have and like these, but only certain scents. Most of them are way too strong, but I do like French lavender and the one just called "lemon", which at the moment you can only get online. Both are on the weak side, but I do like the plain lavender scent, which smells like real lavender and not their typical lavender vanilla, which I do not like at all. Lemon is just plain lemon, slightly on the "foody" side. The length of time they last depends on your outlets, not the wallflowers themselves. The outlet in my bedroom seems to eat wallflowers and they only last about a month. I also have one downstairs, and in that outlet, they last 5-6 weeks. Like other reviewers suggest, definitely change the bulb when there is still a drop of oil left, this will help prevent the plug from burning out. Overall I do like these as long as I like the scent.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

Well, first off, I am a glutton for punishment. Even though these arent the cheapest and they do not last as long as they tell you - they really do smell up a large room. They are much more powerful than most candles so I really do enjoy that the scent carries in a large space and the night light attachments are also cute. I have 3 of these things in my house - I do not like the price and the fact that when you leave them in 24-7, they only last maybe 3 weeks-ish, not 2 months like some of the sales associates have told me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

3.0

5 years ago

I know I gave this product a terrible rating, but I would still buy it again. The price was kind of ridiculous considering it doesn't last that long. I was lucky enough to buy them on "sale." The sale was four of the oil-scent things for $20, when the original price for buying four of them is like $24. I've only had these things for a couple of days. My friend and I were at the mall and she recommended them to me. I really like the scent, and it can be a little strong at first, but they don't last that long. When I brought them home, I plugged them in immediately for about eight hours. I unplugged them as I was getting ready for school and noticed the amount of oil drastically decreased.i was really upset by this because I heard it could last for months even up to a year. Lately, I've been rationing the time I'm using it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

I bought this lemminged it for my teeny tiny bathroom coz that is the only room in this entire house I am permitted-allowed to smoke cigarettes inside. My parents prefer I smoke outside so I find it hard to refrain so I was hoping these will help the smokey smell in there that pervades! It was 3 for $12 plus $4.50 for the unit, I hope these will do the trick! I smelled it initially but I haven't smelled it around the rest of our house which is less than 2500 square feet large, which is a bit disappointing ATM, but I've only had it plugged in about 4 hours. I got 3 of the new summer scents. I've never tried the Glade or any other brands. Mine apparently snaps in? It twists open the wrong way. I have a dire shortage of outlets in my suite & was forced to sacrifice the usual night light for this. I wish I had known about the double units and or the night light units. They should make a double unit WITH a night light!! If these don't end up throwing much scent I may experiment w other scents of theirs. I am trying to decide if I should go into hoard mode! I love these little things. I am into creature comforts. Cannot wait for the holiday/Fall scents. I may buy another 1 w the night lite for the bathroom & relocate the original if I can spare an outlet. Right now ev thing is sort of daisy chained together so it's not ideally the best, I kno it's a major fire hazard... I also bought a B&BW candle so I need to decide which has a stronger scent (more bang "scent" for your buck!)??

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43