L'Oreal On-The-Loose Shimmering Powder - Starfish

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These are the closest drugstore purchase to MAC pigments. Shades are highly pigmented, easy to blend and last all day. Originally retailed between $6-8 each. Each small pot contains 2 grams of product. If you are looking for pigments, then these are a great way to go because of the price. I find loose powder to be a pain in the neck to apply, and too messy. The colors are very nice though, all look beautiful and apply true to color with great staying power. Starfish is a shimmery light peachy gold in the jar.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Starfish shows up a sheer peachy bronze on my NW15 skin. It's a warm color that it appropriate for every day wear. The only reason that I would not repurchase is that it looks like other colors that I already own and is a little too warm for me. I'm sure that it would work very well for someone more warm-toned.

on 11/19/2003 11:56:00 AM

This was my first foray into L'Oreal's On The Loose powders (I had just about given up on loose shadows after a messy La Femme incident!). Like a dummy, I bought this months ago in the 99-cents bin at my local Longs, but never bothered to try it out. Well, after trying it today, all I can say is, it's gorgeous! On me it's a beautiful shimmery peachy bronze shade that really makes my blue eyes pop. I use it as a wash and contour/line with MAC's Mulch and Mythology and it looks so pretty. I agree with the previous reviewer that the pot is barely half-full, which makes me sad since I'm sure I'll never be able to replace it. I'm glad to know there are other products out there that give a similar look.

on 8/5/2003 3:29:00 PM

I love this color, the others explained it perfectly. I'm always looking for e/s colors that will make my hazel eyes pop and I've found that in this color.

on 7/2/2003 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In the pot, this looks like bronze dirt, but it goes on nearly identical to MAC's melon pigment. It is a bronzey gold color. This is quite shimmery, but a lovely color for summer. I gave it a 4 for packaging, as this pot was only half full when new! I know it goes by weight, but this is the first time I have received half a pot (out of the 30 OTL's that I own.)

Top Rated Eye Shadow