Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel

Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Tocopherol, Vaccinium Myrtilus Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum).

I am assuming that this is the same product as the invigorating night treatment. I was in sephora browsing their skincare section looking for a product that would help me with my acne, uneven skin texture and blocked pores. I had been suffering from a bad breakout due to hormones and needed something that would help clear my pores and stop breakouts. The SA at sephora who was helping me had amazing skin and I asked her what she used. She said that she swears by the invigorating night treatment to keep her skin clear and even. I was a bit concerned with spending money on a product without trying it out first as I have very sensitive skin and it is pretty pricey product so I got a sample from her to try out. I used the sample for 2 weeks and saw such amazing results that I immediately went back to purchase the full sized bottle. The product evened out my skin texture, cleared out my blocked pores especially on my cheek area and helped keep my skin clear and acne free. I am already on my second bottle of the product and could not live without it. When I ran out after my first bottle, I noticed a big difference with my skin. My pores started to get congested and my skin looked blotchy and acne kept popping up. Would highly recommend this product to anyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. What I want out of an AHA or retinol is nice, clear, blemish free skin. An added bonus would be diminished lines and pigmentation!
This one keeps breakouts & clogged pores away, adds a nice glow and (I think) may be reducing forehead lines.
As others noted, it is sticky/tacky to apply, but that doesn't bother me, nor does the smell (which i don't notice, really) It does feel a bit tingly for a few seconds, not painful.
i DO wish that it came in a pump or tube rather than a pot.
Having used strong prescription retinol in the past, and expensive clinic retinol creams, I can honestly say this stuff works just as well if not better.

To Read all 150 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/5/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This gel works wonders. It goes on a little sticky, but once it dries and you put moisturizer on top, it doesn't really feel any different than any other gel or serum.
Where the difference is is what my skin looks like when I wake up. People always talk about skin "glowing" after using certain products, and I never understood what they meant until this stuff! It is amazing.

I assume this product is the same as the Ole Henrikson Invigorating Night Treatment
I absolutely love this gel treatment. I got a sample of it from Sephora, and bought it a week later. The price was a little concerning at first, but I don't have to use very much and it really works.
I have problem skin, and I have a lot of redness and scarring, as well as the recent introduction of texture on my cheeks (joy!). The morning after I used it my face looked clearer and smoother, and it has only gotten better since then. I have less breakouts, smoother skin, and reduced redness. I will definitely continue to buy this product!

I love this serum. I had acne as a teen, so now I have scarring and the occasional breakout. I also have a lot of redness. First impression: it does not smell good and it tingles a bit. I don't mind it too much, especially bc the results are so great. It evens my skin tone (even the scarring) and it never breaks me out. If anything, it helps with breakouts! You're supposed to use it with another moisturizer that contains vitamin e oil, but to save money I just use vitamin e oil by itself. The result works marvelously for my skin. I'm on my second bottle now and I will keep purchasing until it stops working.

on 10/9/2015 11:34:00 PM

This product can be hit or miss. If you can get over the unappealing smell and texture-- it feels and smells like gelatinous Elmer's glue, then you may appreciate the benefits of the product. After consistent use, my skin had a noticeably brighter complexion in the morning and was (dare I say) luminous looking. I can't recall if this was responsible for reducing acne (I use a variety of serums and SPF daily) but I never had an issue with zits. It was a lot more telling when I noticed my skin getting duller after a holiday or whenever I forgot to use it at night.

Use this if -- you don't mind icky texture and smells, and you're willing to consistently use it every night. This isn't a cure for acne or dull complexion, it only works if you use it everyday; and even then I read some people on here have a reaction to the ingredients so tread carefully? I may purchase this for myself, because I haven't found anything that can compare to this product yet; but my original container was a birthday gift.

on 8/29/2015 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I generally dont write a review for products that I use but I had to on this one. This is the WORST product I have used ever. I've never had one zit on my forehead ever but after using this for the past week, my whole forehead broke out like crazy (even on my temples - looked as if i had poison ivy) and so did under my eyes....ok?? I have very sensitive skin and the sephora lady assured me that it was 100% safe on sensitive skin, yeah right. I wasted 65$ on a jar I won't be using :(

on 8/21/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this because I suffer from small comedone type acne on my jawline and forehead. The girl at Sephora said it would make a world of difference in 2 weeks. I used it for 4 weeks and returned it. It did not do as promised. I've had much better luck with skinceuticals retinol. It wasn't bad, just didn't perform to my expectations for the price.

on 7/20/2015 11:05:00 PM

The invigorating night treatment was the first AHA I've tried and I think my skin likes it. At first it burned a bit but after using it a couple times a week for a few weeks it burned or "tingled" less. I feel like my skin always felt noticeably smoother the next day and maybe even brighter and more even complexioned, but that may have been wishful thinking. I think I would try this again but I've just learned about the world of AHAs so I'm going to try out a few others first.

on 7/14/2015 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I use the 3 set kit and have also used the other kits containing this treatment for over half a decade. I always go back to Ole Henriksen. These products make a difference and improve my skin texture and radiance with continued use. I actually have asphyxiated skin, which means it's primarily oily yet a layer of skin builds on top of it and I can't penetrate the lower levels of skin with products until I am able to remove these layers, and often times I have to go to a professional. I also deal with a lot of clogged pores. This product helps me save money and time by peeling for me and not having to get facial treatments every few weeks! It does the job perfectly and yes, I notice a huge difference! I use a clarisonic religiously and also exfoliate when necessary but it is never enough so I always return to these Ole products and within a couple days I feel so much more supple. No more flakey dry skin or breakouts! The problem is after this product does the job for me I think I'm "healed" and return to other products, sometimes for a year or more, but over time I realize it's primarily this kit that is resurfacing my skin. I should know better by now.

This is basically a very mild peel for your skin and I have been sensitive to this product before in the past, especially after my skin had resurfaced because of using it, so after a couple days or weeks I may or may not use this night gel every night. Tingling is expected with peels of any kind. I believe these are not harsh chemicals but rather more natural alternatives and that is a huge plus for me! I don't know why other reviewers are commenting about perhaps using this "Night Gel" during the day under makeup. That is not the purpose, and yes, it is a little tacky but I don't mind that while I sleep.