no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

8 years ago

I got this bar on ebay because Special Cleansing gel is really expensive! I thought I'd try something a little more cost effective from Dermalogica. At first it was great, I liked it. After about a week my face was rough, ashy and dry. My friend tried this bar too, and developed a rash that required cortisteriod cream! Do note, I bought the second bar for him in the salon, so it's not an Ebay/expiry/tamper issue. I have become increasingly intolerant of this soap, and that's what it is; nasty drying old soap. It would do better at cleaning my clothes since the pH is as alkaline as laundry detergent. I checked the pH and it's well above 7 (skin needs a pH of 4.5 to 5.5) I can't shave with this or wash my body with it, it makes me itchy. I just hate this bar.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

Great cleansing product for my combination skin. It leaves my skin clean and doesn't dry it. It doesn't take off all my make-up so i do use an other product before cleaning my face with this when I wear make-up. I store this in a soap container and don't have any problems with the soap becoming too soft. Compared to other Dermalogica products it isn't very expensive either. Update: because it's 'alright' but doesn't do anything special for my skin i don't think i would buy it again.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I love this cleanser - it's one of my favorite Dermalogica products. I travel a lot for work, so it's nice to have a cleanser that won't spill in my suitcase. Aside from that, the scent is very nice - just a soft lavender smell that is very relaxing. I have combination skin and this product is perfect at keeping my skin balanced without drying out my face and leaving that tight mask feel like some cleansers do. Paired with Dermalogica multi-active toner, it makes my skin very happy! Oh yeah, and this is a LARGE bar - I use it daily and one bar lasts me around 6 months.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

12 years ago

My sister swears by this product - she even removes eye makeup with it. She cut a bit off and gave a piece to me to try - and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a soap that feels nice on my skin, and doesn't dry out or tighten my skin. However I wouldn't recommend using it as eye makeup remover as the soap can really sting in your eyes. Although it REALLY works, it takes every little trace of mascara off, and I WISH my eyes weren't so sensitive to it. I now use the little I have left as a facial cleanser and I love it but would I actually buy one myself..? Hmm maybe.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

Having used special cleansing gel, and dermal clay cleanser this i by far my fave of the dermalogica cleansers. I love the smell, it lathers nicely, and leaves my skin feeling perfectly clean. More importantly since i have normal white skin it leaves it feeling conditioned and toned,which puts it above other cleansers,except for one thing. The bar turns to mush as time goes by. It disintegrates from a bar into a large lump of creamy cleanser in a box. So much so that i cant pick it up properly without chunks coming off it! Now i have to simply pick little bits off to use it. So while the formula is great for normal(and i would suspect oily) skin, the gradual dissolving into muck annoys me too much to repurchase. And it doesnt come with a box to begin with, which for the price (in Ireland anyway) is just ridiculous. Great cleanser with caveats!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

3.0

12 years ago

This is not a bad product, just not great for extremely sensitive skin. I have a very pale english complexion and dry skin, and this just dried it out even further. I am now using it as a body soap instead, and using Neal's Yard rose beauty balm as my cleanser (amAZING).

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination

2.0

12 years ago

I wanted to like this after reading the reviews here, but this bar didn't do anything special for me. It made my face tight and it felt like it wasn't totally clean after using. I don't think it is worth the money and I returned it after only two uses.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

12 years ago

this feels so right for my oily skin. it doesnt strip my face or leave it tight, it leaves it soft without leaving a film on top. i was breaking out on my nose all the time before using this, and i havnt had a pimple since. will definitley buy again, try it, its not too much considering how long it will last, it lathers looooads from a tiny rub if the bar. your skin will love it!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination

2.0

12 years ago

Had to try this after reading all the positive reviews...but was bitterly disappointed. Was really expensive at AUS$34.50, was difficult to lather up, was an awkward square shape, stung my face when I applied it, and left a horrible film on my face after rinsing. Ended up in the bin. Back to my trusty Clinique Anti-Blemish bar which I kick myself for straying from every time!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This is a creamy bar shaped facial cleanser, not a soap; and it provides really thorough cleansing while calming and conditioning my skin. No need for makeup remover, and no tight feeling after cleansing. I find my skintone is more even and stays so clear when I use this cleanser, to the point that I enjoy washing my face and look forward to it. It is pricy for a bar cleanser, but search online for it, its always cheaper online or on sale at some website, and I also suggest that you pick up a soap dish for this, because if it sits in water it breaks down. My skin never looks as good, as when I am using THE BAR

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal