Stila Convertible Color

Stila Convertible Color

on 2/1/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've posted reviews for several of the colors and thought I'd put my two cents' worth in here in the general topic.

First of all, I adore the Convertible Colors. However, I don't use them on my lips, I just have a lot of lippies and don't need these for that. So my assessment doesn't include lips.

I apply by placing 2-3 dots on my cheekbone (over all liquid/cream products), then blending up and out toward the hairline/top of the ear with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. If more color is needed, it's very buildable.

As with ANY cream blush, I usually apply a tiny bit of powder blush over to enhance wear. I find that the combination of cream and powder blush gives the best lasting power. Doing that, this lasts me all day.

I have dry skin though pretty smooth on the cheeks, and am very sensitive; these do not break me out, or "stain" my pores like some cream products. Note that I will NOT use lipstick on my cheeks, I believe that the waxes in lipsticks aren't suitable for the face. (Just as I don't use powder blush on my eyes, many blush pigments aren't approved for eye use.)

I have (* are my faves):
*Poppy: true red, in from the cold flush
*Tulip: Blue-based red berry
Magnolia: Muted neutral nude
Lotus: Browned rose (somewhat similar to Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Blushed Rose, though in this case I prefer the color of the BB, it's rosier)
Lillium: soft pinky nude
Hibiscus: bright red coral
Petunia: Pinky peach
*Peach Blossom: soft cool peach; one of the best peaches I've found that's not overly warm/orange

Sunrise Splendor palette:
*English Rose: light rose pink
Lillium
*Cherry Blossom: light true cool pink
*Fuchsia: bright cool pink
Tulip

I also got a mini Kitten CC in a kit. It's a bit drier than most of the other CC's I've used, and I found it less blendable than I prefer for a highlight...plus I have LOTS of highlighters I like better. So this was languishing in the drawer till I was musing about a lip highlighter... and thought, try the Kitten CC for that! So I did; added a dot to the lower lip over lipstick, and it worked brilliantly! So now it lives in my purse lippie bag.

on 9/10/2016 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought the 9 color pallette from sephora

terrific colors

They just suck as both blushes and lip products, especially the nuder colors

The darker ones last better

but NO MATTER what these are OFF by noon.

Shame

Bought this. Super product. The colors are amazing. It gives a natural flush to my lips. Lasts much longer than earlier products that I have used which usually disappears after an hour.

on 9/9/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I much prefer Bobbi Brown cream blushes over these. These are sticky and stay feeling sticky. I also had trouble with falling in love with a color. If you favor peaches and browns, you will enjoy their selection. But none of the shades really won me over or ever really left a lasting impression. I bought a bunch of mini's that included some very popular shades and I have only kept one color (and I am about to toss that one too). It isn't a horrible product I guess, but it never drew me in.

on 9/8/2016 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I find these too sticky feeling. In my quest to find a cream blush (apparently over 50's should ditch the powder blush) I have tried four of these. Gerbera too light, Lilium better, Petunia bright but fine. I just cannot get past the waxy feeling on my cheeks and they just do not last. Might as well use lipstick. Maybe I should just continue using my powders (Chantecaille the best) and not read advice columns for my age group!

on 7/3/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Lillium has been my everyday blush for my fair, oily skin for years. It feels a little tacky when I apply it, but it's not greasy at all and has never caused a breakout. It smooths on nicely & stays on for hours after blending with a pink Beauty Blender. (I've tried it on my lips, but it was way too drying for me.) One compact lasts at least a year, so it's also a great value.

on 4/7/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had these in a few different colors (Gladiola and Petunia, I think, and now Gerbera). They are quite pigmented but blend out well and look natural. Gerbera is the most perfect peachy nude shade and it looks great with just about everything I own. The other two were just a bit too bright for my taste, but I think a lot of skin tones could pull them off. The formula is nice and buildable and the colors don't fade through the day. As a warning, they do pick up every single piece of lint you might have floating around, way more than other cream blushes I've used. Be sure your fingers are very clean before you use them!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a blush, this is perfection. I have it in peony, a sort of nude dusty rose brown shade. The shade is hard to explain but it is really beautiful on. It's natural looking and sheer/buildable. Love that it doesn't dry to a powder nor stay too wet looking. Just blends perfectly with the skin.the compact is adorable but smaller than I had imagined when looking at it online. It's still worth the $25 imo as it's the perfect cream blush. Perfect. Would buy again and would like to have more colors.

on 1/31/2016 7:58:00 AM

I got this in Dahlia which is a pretty dark color for me (NW15-20). I wanted something darker for the colder months and Dahlia is just that as it looks like the natural flush of someone who has just been outside. You need a very light hand as little does a looong way but since it blends very well you can always add little by little. I have been using it everyday, applying it a RT complexion brush, and I think it will last years! On the lips its also very pretty since its not too dry. I only wish it looked a bit more glowt but since it last all day I wont complain.

on 11/1/2015 8:49:00 AM

I find these convertible colors to be on the sticky side, unfortunately. I love the idea of them, and the color selection is fabulous, but every time I check them out in Sephora I just feel sticky and gross. Maybe these would be all right for cheeks, but definitely not for lips. They are also rather pricey for the quality of the product, so I would not purchase these.

Popular Blush Products