no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

This was given to me by a friend, so i had nothing to lose by trying it. At first glance it looked underwhelming, but after trying it, so far i've been impressed. Like some of the other reviewers, it seems to calm my skin and give it light hydration/softening at the same time. This must be the glycerin it contains. Sometimes I use it at night before going to bed instead of a moisturizer when i want to give my skin a break from heavy moisturizing products. it seems to keep the pimples away too. Don't know if i'd pay $35 bucks for it but so far so good. *** i just want to add this stuff really helps get rid of pimples. we've been having hot weather recently and my chin area kept breaking out. i remembered to break out this stuff, sprayed it on before bedtime and in the morning the pain and inflammation was gone. I stop using this stuff because it seems like there's so little to it, that it can't be doing much, but it really does. the only downside is it always seems to get in my eyes, no matter how much i close or avoid spraying near them, and it stings my eyes a bit for a few minutes afterwards.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

from

11 years ago

I really like this toner. I got this as part of the PTR Oxygen Kit (or something similar-sounding), and this is the only product from the kit that I use with any degree of regularity. It's an odourless spray and soothes my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I used to use mineral water sprays from brands like Avene, Vichy and Shu Uemura (Depsea mist) prior to this, and I find this product a lot more effective in reducing sensitivity and improving skin clarity. It moisturises fairly well and is an ideal product to use between cleanser and moisturiser. It does not leave a residue or induce oiliness. It comes in a clear, graphite-coloured bottle and comes with a solid, high-quality spritzer. I got the entire kit for AUD 17 (with 40% discount), but I am willing to pay the full price for a full-size product when I finish this bottle.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

As a toner this is a good product but there are others out there that are more cost effective. Being a SA @ Ulta I've learned an added insider bonus of this product...if you have a bug bite spritz it with this! Pulls all the toxins out and VOILA no more itching! I find myself using the tester all the time lol

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

13 years ago

I was previously not a big fan of toners, and used them off and on. I didn't understand the value or need for a toner until my facialist mentioned that using a toner helps the skin absorb anti-aging products that you apply to your face. In other words, those products will penetrate the skin better if you prepare it first with toner. I purchased PTR based on a recommendation from an Ulta SA for about $38. I'm not sure what the long term effects of this product is since I've only been using it for about a week. Here's my initial analysis..... I thought it was a bit pricey but you do get 8 oz. of product. I like the fact that is doesn't sting or reek like the smell of strong alcohol like most toners. I also like the fact that you don't waste any product by using cotton balls, all you do is spray and wait a minute or so for it to dry and absorb into the skin before you apply your skin care regimen. It's very refreshing and hydrating and has a therapeutic feel to the skin. It's very soothing. This toner wasn't what I expected, in fact, I wasn't even sure if I had really purchased a "toner" and if it was officially considered a toner, because it feels so different from most toners. But yes, indeed, it really is a toner. I will continue to use this product until it's gone, because I think it will not have any negative effects, but only help my skin. I will buy this product again unless I find a better cheaper alternative. Or become addicted to this product after longer use.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

14 years ago

it really can TONE the skina fter cleansing(i am in asia and using soapfree nondrying drugstore cleanser), it gives me a feeling of optimize my skin for the other products, other than this, i really cannot find the other functions it claims, like natural healing or anti-bacterial, but it doesnt irritate nor break me out, NICE

About reviewer (40 reviews)

15 years ago

I purchased this 4 years ago when I smoked (I've quit since), and I noticed an improvement in my skin colour and texture within days. It cleared up a few pimples too, and leaves you feeling very clean and refreshed. I also like the spray format- I find cotton wastes a lot of (expensive) product. But is is too expensive; and I haven't used it since. As for the other comments here about hydrogen peroxide; I was concerned about that too, so I checked the ingredient list. The product I purchased does not contain hydrogen peroxide.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

2.0

16 years ago

I've long been suspicious of mists. They seem like they're just overpriced non-essentials that actually dry out my skin. This is no exception. It smells like Hydrogen Peroxide going on, and after using an entire bottle I can safely say I notice nothing different at all. It did nothing for me. I'll stick with Shiseido's "The Skincare Soothing Spray" if I want a topical mist.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age36-43

3.0

16 years ago

I used to really love this product but will be discontinuing due to my concerns about hydrogen peroxide negative effects on collagen.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3.0

16 years ago

Well I got this as a gift because I kept using my aunt's this summer on our trip to California, it just feels so nice when I spray it on...not sure if it is doign much in the long run, but I love the feeling of the moment. Its a little pricey for a tonic water, and the bottle is bulky to travel with, so I took off 2 lippies....

About reviewer (34 reviews)

from

16 years ago

OK. It's expensive...and I feel like I'm paying for a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide. It bleached out my already light blond eyebrows now I look like I have no eyebrows at all w/o make-up. So why the 4 lipstickies and why am I on my 3rd bottle? B/C it works! Really it does! It calms down my irrated skin, heals my acne faster than any other toner, prevents recent acne from getting worse (IMHO), it does not sting, I like the application method (saves me on cotton balls)and is a bit moisturizing...which I like. Now I just cover my eyebrows when applying and they changed back to the normal color. :-) Hey I even got my hubbie to use it now and again. That was a big deal.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium