Kanebo Sensai Lotion II

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kanebo Sensai Lotion II

Out of all the lotions this is by far my favorite! I don't use it consistently, I go on and off the whole Kanebo/Sensai line, but somehow I return and than someone comments on how nice my skin looks. Because it makes my skin glow! There are only a handful of products that are this good (a good vitamin C product, a glycolic peel, Kanebo/Sensai Silk Peeling Powder, few Sisley products), but this one is the easiest. Cleanse, apply Lotion II (I just pour some on hands and then press it into skin) and then moisturizer on top (usually one of their Cellular Performance Emulsions - they work wonderfully with the Lotions). Lotion also potentiates pretty much any product that goes on top of it, be it a vitamin C product, prescription acne medications, other moisturizers, even makeup looks better with Lotion underneath. There is also a way of maxing out the benefits of the Lotion: Kanebo/Sensai has a nice little set of lotion mask tablets. You're supposed to put a tablet in the Lotion (it explains it all on the packaging) and it grows into a sheet mask that pushes the Lotion deeper into skin, pretty much making skin red carpet ready (coupled with a lymphatic massage anyway). I tried it with other mask tablets, but those are no match to the weirdly thin parchment-like material Kanebo uses and don't work half as well.

I've been on the lookout for great skincare products. My skin may, to some people, seem like it's in pretty good shape. But I do have a lot of redness and depending on the products I use it gets better or worse. Especially now in summer I'm extremely lost.
At my counter I received a very generous set of Kanebo products to try out. The only one out of this set I really liked was the step two Sensai silky purifying creamy soap. That stuff works wonders, highly recommended.
I had very high hopes for this toner. In fact I thought it was going to be the single product I'd like from this range. This toner though is way too heavy. I expect a toner to be refreshing and light. This however didn't seem to get absorbed by my skin and I could feel the layer of it laying on my face for a good two hours afterward. This was a huge letdown.

on 5/20/2010 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this lotion and I am surprised that other reviewers mentioned there is lots of alcohol in it.Because I have very dry skin,and I felt this is really nice and moisturizing.So I am wondering if there is really alcohol inside???
It comes in hygienic glass bottle,and it comes out little by little so you dont have to be worry that you pour a lot on cotton.
It is soft nice smell,and nice to try,but I wouldnt buy again because for the lotion it is way too expensive.I am only using it at night,so it lasts quite a while.

on 4/12/2008 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This alcohol based lotion SERIOUSLY stings my dry sensitive skin...i've tried to handle it several times seeing as I bought it but stings every time!

It sort of goes with the SKII type clarifying clear lotion japanese trend but I haven't found either brand really works that well to clarify my skin.Not a fan of the product.

on 12/22/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am trying out several Kanebo products based on a recommendation from a fellow MUAer along with some Shisheido and Cle de Peau products as well. I am liking these Japanese lines.I did a swap on MUA for this Kanebo toner. It is too hard to get out of the bottle (the opening is too small, I think), but otherwise, I like the product. It feels good on my dry skin. I have never been a big devotee or regular user of toners, period.....a lot of research indicates they are an extra, unnecessary step. It's impossible tor know whether or not this particular toner/lotion actually does any more or less than many other mild toners I have tried, but it does leave my skin smooth and soft and not tingly or tight (as some toners can). According to Kanebo literature, (and as a lot of other toners also claim) this product preps the skin to more effectively absorb ingredients in treatments used thereafter. So, as toners/softeners go, I think this one is very good (albeit expensive at $70 retail).

on 3/14/2004 1:15:00 PM

Yes, this is a winner! A wonderful, soft, very moisturizing toner. This plus Sensai Emulsion II are my HG products for spring and summer. Great products!