Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

on 11/9/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an awesome cleanser only sold in the US and I am in Canada . I love how it leaves the face feeling so clean without leaving it dry.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this stuff. I suffer from eczema flare ups occasionally especially when Im stressed or seasons change. I was about to make a doctor apt with my dermatologist then I searched eczema prone cleansers and this appeared. Before I tried this I had fine small red rash around my nose. I used this cleaners every morning and within maybe a week the bumps had disappeared and the redness had decreased. I was extremely happy I didn't have to spend a fortune on a doctor apt to make my redness disappear. Now this stuff doesn't foam up a lot but I have learned with sensitive skin less foam is better. It does have a slight fragrance but it doesn't bother me at all. For the price of this cleaners and the fact it does what it claims to do. I am more than pleased and plan to repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Was in between face washes...using something that was 'ok' but I was almost out of it but not wanting to spend the $$ on my normal cleanser just yet. I figured what better time to try this product. It's convenient to find and very affordable. I read the back of the bottle and it seemed like it would be good to my skin in this cold, Chicago winter. I have combination skin and don't have any major skin issues. After reading the reviews on here I couldn't wait to see what my OWN experience would be. After two weeks of faithfully using this product I can say that, like many on here, I am not thrilled. Not at all. I like the fresh smell, like the typical face wash texture...but that's about it. For two weeks I used this, morning & night, ...with my Clarisonic Mia...and my skin is slightly worse than when I started. The only problem I was having at that time was dryness and a rough patch or two on my cheeks which wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been estranged from my Clarisonic for going on 3 weeks. Anyhow, I may as well had of washed my face with the dishwashing liquid sitting on my sink... it actually smells similar. I hadn't even gotten through week one when I started getting small bumps. I thought that maybe it was just....idk what I thought....but I kept using it to make SURE it wasn't just me being too eager. By the end of the second week not only has my skin broken out but it is still dry. Not dry like the product dried my face out, dry like it didn't help the dryness already going on. And yes, I moisturize. Sooooo, summing it up, I think i'll trash this. I don't want to keep it and, a few months from now, forget why I didn't like it. I already made the trip to Ulta to buy it's replacement, my trusty Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product really works on my skin. It helps reduce exceed oil on my face and make my skin soooo smooth. It also cleans the face thoroughly while you use it on a facial brush.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Works ok as a non foaming cleanser but it burned and irritated my skin. No breakouts just too strong SLS for my sensitive oily skin.

on 6/24/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ive been using dove soap for sensitive skin for my face for years. One day I went over to my parent's house for a sleep over and seen this in her bathroom and tried it out for the 2 days I stayed there and immediately (the first day I used it!) I found that my skin was so much more smoother and it would take longer for my skin to become oily again! My skin is very oily ... if you have oily skin you should try it out... it wont dry out your skin like other soaps/cleanser for oily skin, it'll leave your skin smooth, not oily (keep it like that for longer then normal) and feel really soft, only downside is the price $23.00 plus taxes for the big bottle, I bought it on my way back to my house and YES i would buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I tried this when the regular Cetaphil started clogging my pores and breaking me out. This was way too drying causing redness and breakouts due to irritation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Before I found the cleanser that I currently love, I used Cetaphil. My skin is very sensitive, oily, and acne-prone. What I liked about the cleanser is the fact that it didn't give me a rash, which was great because my skin gets very easily irritated. It does a great job of cleaning, but I started experimenting with other face washes because I feel like it didn't do anything to control oil or help prevent blemishes. I currently use it to wash my makeup brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG cleanser . I use to use the gentle cleanser then my cousin told me to switch to this cause i have oily skin .. within a week i started to notice my skin looking GREAT .. less oiler and less bumps. it is alittle bit more drying but nothing too bad .. i would recommend this product to every one with acne prone skin and oily skin

on 7/26/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this item for my 14 year old daughter to use as a facial cleanser. She used it for about three weeks and we noticed her normally clear skin was a wreck! I thought it was because she wasn't not cleaning her face properly, but she insisted she was. I told her to stop using the product and she began using the Clarisonic nourishing care cleanser (orange tube) again. Her face cleared right up!
That aroused my suspicions, since I know Cetaphil has a reputation for being gentle on skin, particularly sensitive skin. Not wanting to waste a bottle that was over half full, I decided I would use the product. My normal skin, almost on the dry side. I have the opposite...oily and prone to breakouts. When I finished using up my Clarisonic cleanser (daily refreshing gel, blue tube), I began to use the Cetaphil. I didn't notice anything right away. I use a Clarisonic brush with the sensitive brush head. It removed my makeup (foundation, eyeshadow) to my satisfaction. I don't wear waterproof mascara and I have to admit that I use the Kirkland brand facial towels to as the initial way to remove makeup before I use any cleanser.
It did not leave a greasy film on my face. The scent was light, not something that bothered me. I used about two pumps on my brush. It actually lathered better than I thought it would.
I was satisfied...until I noticed more than the average number of pimples sprouting on my face! In less than a week, my face went from 98% clear to major breakout.
I get a few pimples during the month due to hormones, but this was ridiculous. I developed pimples on areas of my face I never get pimples...multiple pimples at that!
Now I knew there was a problem...I looked closely at the ingredients at I found the culprit...masking fragrance! My face HATES cleansers and moisturizers with fragrance. It will revolt very quickly if the product has any type of fragrance. I made the assumption that because Cetaphil was so gentle, it must not have fragrance.
I reluctantly threw the remaining cleanser away. I have to look at the ingredients more carefully next time.